This topic will be regularly updated with (i) known bugs in the current version you’re playing and (ii) fixes, additions, etc. already implemented in the upcoming version (which is not yet available).
CURRENT KNOWN BUGS
- If you have a technical problem, please refer to: 🛠 Troubleshooting
- Wormholes will be clipped incorrectly if you zoom in too close.
- Planets will remain invisible if their orbit brings them into view while camera is not moving. Workaround: move camera to refresh view.
- Galaxy view can be rarely stuck (especially if you click buttons while simultaneously pressing the 1-5 keyboard shortcut keys)
- If you are docked to a planet with docking restrictions (hot, electric, etc), then you can sell the equipment that allowed you to dock without consequences.
- Trip estimates do not automatically update. Workaround: Re-calculate the trip if you buy fuel / change engine / etc.
- If you filter the galaxy screen per shop, then shops can be exposed at the constellation level even if they haven’t been explored at the star system level yet.
- Sound effects will continue to play at the “amplified” frequency after a Damage Amplifier expires. Workaround: Release and re-press fire button.
- Windows mouse cursor will be made visible if you unplug and re-plug your mouse during the game. Workaround: Restart game.
- Sometimes the ESC key won’t work to bring up the in-game pause menu (unconfirmed).
- Travelling very fast might make your spacecraft become invisible (see Changing map filter mid-travel makes the ship invisible?)
UPCOMING FIXES & NEW FEATURES
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- FPS cap is now 150 (was 125) (@BoggY Idea)
- Callsign comparisons are now fuzzy / more lenient (prevents “too-similar-looking” callsigns).
- makeLower() and makeUpper() now support all Unicode characters (were previously English-only).
- Reworked wave-to-wave music handling (corrects: music abruptly switching from wave to boss, incorrect music playing momentarily when continuing a mission) (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Keyboard shortcut keys no longer work during initial introductory zoom (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- “It’s Party Time!”/“Brothers Reunited” waves: added mirrored variations (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- “Tangled Mess” wave: Added protective bubble (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Brothers Reunited” wave: Brothers now become enraged when their sibling dies (@Ace @ultra_gejmer @OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Compiled with VS2019 v16.7.6
- Fixed uninitialized “capsule collision” variable which may have lead to some fast bullets colliding as capsules instead of full rectangles.
- destroyDevice(): Added DX context ClearState()/Flush(). Possibly fixes E_ACCESSDENIED during CreateSwapChain().
- “Bossa Nova” boss now drops coins when destroyed (@TUTITEILilovechicken Idea)
- Profile screen: Constrained width of “Score” and “Next tier goal” to avoid overlap with score (@ans1382 Bug)
- (incomplete fix from v.43) “Bubble Rings” wave: Prevented Assassins from spawning (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Twice Infinity” wave: Twins now become enraged when their sibling dies (@Francis Idea)