Early Access version 118

Umm… is THIS “working” ?

And this?

Each bullet hits each chick killed but doesn’t “penetrate”.

Oh, I also found a bug where the Boron Railgun spawns behind the ship for a split millisecond and clips through enemies when overdriving and firing manually.

1 Like

Vice versa, sometimes I feel Tourist isn’t enough. Can there be an even easier difficulty?

Removing Visilibity of zones is never a good reason because of these:

1-New Players who might reach this difficulty soon as they start.
2-players that have forgotten wave formations.
3-the new waves that gets added yearly which you can’t foresight it correctly.

And most importantly, this is against the game’s rule and makes this one unfair.

1 Like

Artifical difficulty

Amirite?

is this a subtle star trek reference aside from the picardy third

now design a chicken after picard who would facepalm each time you die

3 Likes

I feel Ironman doesn’t need zones tbh because it’s tough competition and it would be something a bit harder to predict the wave formations in first attempt, and if you wanna improve and get better score, you will play it again with everything u remember from last attempt.
Let me borrow this quote

Yea simply because of these thing, it makes this more sense

Welp, let me poll this:

Should zones in Ironman be removed?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Don’t take this seriously if you disagree

I mean yes it is supposedly a challenge. but it should have fair rules as others. it wouldn’t make sense to remove the zones either for the same mentioned reasons.

A challenge should still be fair, so no.
If you’re a first timer on Ironman and doesn’t remember all the waves avaliable (there are tons + lots more added soon I’m guessing) you’ll find it to be more unfair than difficult.

Like I said in this post:

Also, I get that if you’ve remembered all the waves formation after years of playing, you won’t find this to be unfair. But not all players are like that.
Expecting players that joined a few years later to perform exactly like this is a bad move.
And it just makes for a very one-sided competition where the players who’ve played this game for the longest of times win. That’s kinda it. No suprises, no fun.

You make it sound as if it happens all the time. The wave’s chance (“weight”) of being selected drops to 1% after it is chosen once, and to 0.01% if it was the immediately preceding wave. But it’s non-zero, so it’s possible.

Changed in v.119 . Although clearly they do have hitboxes while peeking out.

Because I don’t want to implemented a generalized GPS algorithm.

When you are travelling between constellations, the algorithm:

• First takes you to star system within the current constellation which is closest to your destination (“target”).

• Then, it selects the next constellation to jump to. All constellations are considered. Suitability depends on:
    (a) how far off-course constellation center takes us (in-line centers are preferred over out-of-the-way ones)
    (b) how far the constellation is (closer constellations are preferred over more distant ones)
    (c) whether that constellation allows to be used as an intermediate stop

• Having selected a constellation, it then travels to whichever system in that constellation is nearest.

Yes, it is. I think that there is a misunderstanding here. Each projectile does not penetrate through multiple enemies. But if there are e.g. 3 projectiles and the first one kills and enemy, the other two will ignore (“penetrate through”) that enemy and potentially hit other targets. Previously, all 3 projectiles would hit the same enemy.

Were you moving erratically at the time? Or were you stationary?

It certainly is. And it’s not so subtle as you might think.

8 Likes

can we have the first 6 seconds of the theme

6 Likes

This Weapon Virtuosity is probally unfair since it’s depend on weapon you used. In Competitive Missions , it can be the thing to make you win or lose. So ,
Should Weapon Virtuosity disabled from Competitive Missions ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

you can just collect every single weapon that gets in your way

1 Like

Agree.

No.

1 Like

I’d rather remove it entirely, but that’s not going to happen, so…

Idea: for the “It’s Party Time” boss you could guess where it’s going to come from by the way the screen tilts. If it tilts first to the left if comes from the left, opposite if right.
Also, the description of ICBM should be changed, since they don’t travel slowly anymore.

1 Like

Already suggested and replied by iA. See this post (4th reply):

And if you’re curious, it has started accelerating since v47:

1 Like

Everybody receives the same Firepower/Gifts that have been set for a competitive missions, and Everybody is able to collect all of those to increase the viruosity percentage, so there is no unfairness here.

1 Like

how it feels to fight a superchick on a 140% double team

not a lot of chances to attack him if he likes camping at the bottom

2 Likes

Bit complex (i think): If you hit an enemy with Barbequer, they will have fire on them, which will do very small amounts of damage (can melt Chiller’s snowball, won’t effect Pheonix.).