This topic will be regularly updated with (i) known bugs in the current version you’re playing and (ii) fixes, additions, etc. already implemented in the upcoming version (which is not yet available).
CURRENT KNOWN BUGS
- Wormholes will be clipped incorrectly if you zoom in too close.
- Mission music will keep playing if you’re disconnected while Alt-Tabbed away.
- Sometimes mouse warps to the center of the screen when you close the in-game pause menu.
- Planets will remain invisible if their orbit brings them into view while camera is not moving. Workaround: move camera to refresh view.
- Looped sounds stop playing after Alt-Tabbing away.
UPCOMING FIXES & NEW FEATURES
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- [Server-side v24.2] Number of rare equipment instances across the galaxy is now 6 x Uncommon, 3 x Rare, 1 x Legendary (@GuestUniverse Idea)
- Squadron Activity message: Mission column is now displayed correctly for each entry (previously, top squadron’s value would be copied to all entries).
- Squadron Activity message: Removed msec from “Time” column to make it fit in available space.
- [Server-side v24.3] Squadron Activity: Number of assignments & missions now calculated correctly.
- Food/powerups disappearing at the end of the mission are now accompanied by a vanishing visual effect.
- Changed gas giant heightmaps to look more similar to Jupiter. (@Stardrone Idea)
- Fixed CI2 starfield tiling. (@Nikito Bug)
- Fixed wrong tiling in “green” CI4 starfield (HQ2X only) (@Nikito Bug)
- “Goal progress” no longer shows 100% when sufficiently close to goal (@ShardNguyen Bug)
- Implemented basic word blacklisting for callsigns (@PenguinBOI Idea, @Pritish/ChickenSlayer Bug , @isp Bug )
- Locations of rare equipment in galaxy now change every 4 weeks (but will persist until server reboots).
- Uses unofficial build of BASS 18.104.22.168. Fixes “Looped sounds (UFO engines, energy beams, etc) will keep on playing even after they should stop.”
- Implemented Anniversary mission top-10 lists.
- Instrumented ExhaustVisuals06 to try and catch Graphics bug- ſcreen flaſhing red
- Henterprise dish attack’s collision thickness is now 70% wider to better match visuals (@Nikito Bug)
- Henterprise now fires dish during last stage to cover blind spot of purple lasers (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- “Weapon virtuosity” scoring bonus now works.
- Fixed “You have reached the maximum number of contacts” message still showing even after deleting contacts (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Added Anniversary mission.
- Made database upgrade process much faster (15x).