This topic will be regularly updated with (i) known bugs in the current version you’re playing and (ii) fixes, additions, etc. already implemented in the upcoming version (which is not yet available).
CURRENT KNOWN BUGS
- If you have a technical problem, please refer to: 🛠 Troubleshooting
- Wormholes will be clipped incorrectly if you zoom in too close.
- Planets will remain invisible if their orbit brings them into view while camera is not moving. Workaround: move camera to refresh view.
- Galaxy view can be rarely stuck (especially if you click buttons while simultaneously pressing the 1-6 keyboard shortcut keys)
- If you are docked to a planet with docking restrictions (hot, electric, etc), then you can sell the equipment that allowed you to dock without consequences.
- Trip estimates do not automatically update. Workaround: Re-calculate the trip if you buy fuel / change engine / etc.
- “Sell food” button does not automatically enable itself as you gain more food. Workaround: Click away and re-select it.
- If you filter the galaxy screen per shop, then shops can be exposed at the constellation level even if they haven’t been explored at the star system level yet.
- Sound effects will continue to play at the “amplified” frequency after a Damage Amplifier expires. Workaround: Release and re-press fire button.
- Windows mouse cursor will be made visible if you unplug and re-plug your mouse during the game. Workaround: Restart game.
- Sometimes the ESC or P key won’t work to bring up the in-game pause menu. Workaround: Press the “Windows logo” key to make the game lose focus. Upon return, the ESC/P keys should work again.
- Travelling very fast might make your spacecraft become invisible (see Changing map filter mid-travel makes the ship invisible?)
- Some UI elements might not immediately change color when you apply a new theme (e.g. stats shown when selecting a planet in the galaxy) (see Early Access version 69 - #253 by EmeraldBirb). Workaround: deselect and re-select.
- Galaxy: The [-] and [+] keys to zoom in/out don’t work while viewing a planet (see Early Access version 69 - #262 by VerMishelb). Workaround: exit viewing screen first, or use mouse wheel.
- Graphics options: Changing “low/high” detail mid-mission will not fully apply changes until mission is restarted (or player disconnects and reconnects).
- Various cosmetic graphics/sound effects might continue for a short time after their originating enemy has been killed.
- Multiplayer: Chat log language is always inherited from the host. There is no support for each participant viewing the chat log in their own language.
- There are many graphical glitches that result from pausing the game exactly on the frame which an enemy/projectile/effect/object is spawned. Most common manifestations are enemies appearing at the center of the screen and/or with textures missing. This is a result of incomplete initialization.
UPCOMING FIXES & NEW FEATURES
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- “Satellite firing mode = automatic” (in touchscreen options) no longer incorrectly affects other methods of control (@matix524 Bug)
- Toxic clouds / Stasis zones / Overheat zones / Dr. Breaker cyan explosions are no longer invisible when joining an in-progress multiplayer game.
- Dr. Beaker: Animation state is now correctly replicated to players joining mid-game.
- Dr. Beaker: Fixed cases of client/server desync (@hieudang Bug)
- Dr. Beaker: Added visual effect when papers are destroyed (@maikien1111 Idea)
- Dr. Beaker: Added flask break visual effects (@Fractorial Idea)
- Multiplayer: Fixed wrong wave progress % because projectiles impacting after their owner player had left the game were not taken into account (@Egypt675 @RainbowBoyVN Bug)
- Dr. Beaker: Added numbering to flasks in colorblind mode (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
- Removed new music (1 boss track and 3 wave tracks)
- Added frame duration history to “show fps” graphics option.
- Space Crab/V2 boss: Updated vial break effect to use new “splash” texture.
- Dr. Beaker: Increased maximum paper horizontal velocity by 50% (@Stardrone Idea)
- Dr. Beaker: Papers are easier to push around in low difficulty levels.
- Dr. Beaker: Papers will now burn if hit by 25 projectiles (@Mzdziungwa Idea)
- “Options → Keyboard → Customize keyboard” screen now uses a single-column scrollable layout (@RainbowBoyVN)