3 Likes

There are some rrr languages that the numbers are 0123456789

Ū°Ū±Ū²Ū³Ū“ŪµŪ¶Ū·ŪøŪ¹
Like usšŸ™ƒ

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

I want to translate this in Japanese.
I tried to type Japanese text with Microsoft IME, but nothing typed in text box.

Noted. Currently, thereā€™s no support to customize date formats.

Fixed in v.80

Yes, please. Theyā€™re currently ignored, but Iā€™m making some technical changes now that will (probably) make it mandatory in the future.

I think this is fixed in v.80. Check again when it comes out:

Sadly Iā€™m not familiar with how Japanese text is handled. Iā€™ll look into it and let you know.

Strangely, I see Chinese translations of the game already, so that apparently works differently than Japanese?!

4 Likes

One of my bombers is called on Japanese and Iā€™ve typed it with windows keyboard. With windowed mode it worked for sure, you just need to press Enter after youā€™ve finished or it just erases everything. Pretty sure the same goes for translations.

@InterAction_studios, is it ok to bypass the $ formatting to make a highlighted text at the place where itā€™s not highlighted in English to make a wordplay more understandable (if other translators agree with it, of course)? Iā€™ve tried making this a bit illegal way with ā€œNew Yolk cityā€ quip and it worked just fine but Iā€™m not sure if that special character before ā€˜{ā€™ wonā€™t break anything anywhere for you.

Are you using Windows 10? I had a quick look and it seems to work for me:

First, set the game to windowed mode (At the main menu, ā€œOptionsā€ -> ā€œGraphicsā€ -> Advanced -> Display. Then switch the IME to Hiragana. Then, go in the game and edit a text field. You should see the IME pop up at the top-left:

After you finish typing, press the green arrow and it will go in the game (donā€™t press ENTER, it wonā€™t work)

:warning: Thereā€™s a limitation that the game will currently only accept up to 10 characters at once, but Iā€™ll fix this in the next update (v.80)

2 Likes

You mean move the highlight to another word? Sure, you can do that.

Iā€™ve tried to make the formatting robust, so even if you screw it up the game wonā€™t crash. But if you notice it crashing, let me know :wink:

5 Likes

I mean creating the highlight at the quip which didnā€™t use it at all.

Thanks a lot.
By following your instruction, my translations were applied in the game.

2 Likes

Excuse me, is it possible that translations do not affect the callsign?
For example, my callsignā€™s numbers are in English, but when I change the language, they become Persian numbers.

1 Like

:eyes: Uh, no. That will crash my debug build, which makes stricter checks.

Instead (starting with v.80), you can make custom text bold by enclosing it in double brackets [[bold text]]. Note that not all phrases support this (for example , quips do, but button captions do not). Thereā€™s no way to tell in advance ā€“ experiment.

Iā€™ll look into it.

7 Likes

Good day,

Iā€™m here trying to translate the game into my native language and I encountered a problem:
because of the complexity of some sentences translated into lithuanian, some words donā€™t seem to fit in some cases. Is there a way to move the first word up a row as shown in the example #1? Is there a way to make the font smaller in the example #2? Any help would be appreciated. (Attached a screenshot)

It is already squishing in bounds, it couldnā€™t do that before. I think changing the size will be too complicated. In fact, lines on your screenshot donā€™t look too bad compared to what weā€™ve been struggling with before. At least itā€™s easily readable.

3 Likes

how can I translate the game? where I must press ctrl+t I linked my account but when i press ctrl+t in menu or option or anywhere else nothing happen

1 Like

Sadly not. You have to work within those limitations. The engine will squish text to make it fit, but thereā€™s a limit to how much it can squish before it becomes unreadable.

Consider replacing words with shorter synonyms, or using contractions. English does this, too, sometimes. For example, instead of ā€œMission Configurationā€, just use ā€œMission Configā€ or just plain ā€œConfigā€.

You must first be fully logged in (viewing the galaxy screen) before Ctrl+T will work. Also, just to clarify Ctrl+T means ā€œkeep Ctrl pressed down and press Tā€ (donā€™t press Ctrl, release it, and then press T)

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m working on the Greek translation for the game and Iā€™m basically over halfway-done. Havenā€™t found any major issues but I was wondering if thereā€™s gonna be a better font for the greek alphabet in the future. And if not that, could there at least be a fix for this weird mirrored version of the letter Ļ€ (pi)
pi

Also, while Iā€™m at it, I believe the game dev (Konstantinos Prouskas) is Greek, so if you wanted to take a short look into what Iā€™ve done so far, thatā€™d be great! (edit: although not particularly proud of some of the wave names :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Weird pi is here because in Teko font (even in original) itā€™s modified, so the game takes it from there. Other characters are being taken from standard system font (most likely Arial).

Are these all the characters you need?

Summary

1 Like

Yeah they sure are, although the rest of the characters in greek look fine. Not as clean as the latin ones but good enough (probably because itā€™s just Arial), and they are consistent. Itā€™s just Ļ€ that looks weird, surprisingly.