Early Access version 125

Ridiculous idea from a friend
Screenshot_2022-12-12-18-32-11
Callsign: wakkochamp

Awarded

Changed in v.126 :medal_sports: Idea

Not a bug. In multiplayer games, server and client simulations can get out of sync, and collisions cannot be reported instantly, so this can happen (even for the host). If gets worse the move uneven your ping is.

Probably, but it’s not likely I’ll ever be able to track it down.

This looks like just another “join a multiplayer game while it’s paused” or “pause game exactly on spawn frame” issue.

Maybe the server was overloaded and it failed to check in on time. It should reappear within the next minute.

Those numbers would not mean anything to players. Besides, they’re non-linear.

It’s not.

Because you can have the same music in the “wave” and “boss” slots.

I initially thought so too, but I was wrong. The probability is the same regardless of how many times it’s listed.

I’d rather not inflate the download size (another consideration is that I can’t track down the original authors individually to request permission). Maybe they could be put in a mod instead?

All credits are listed in the “What’s this?” button in the main menu

I’m not sure what you’re asking exactly, however it’s unlikely I’ll be able to change the categorization of anything because it’s dictated by the class hierarchy in the implementation.

It’s only a workarond, but you can set loadMode to 0. Read this for more information: 🛠 Troubleshooting - #5 by InterAction_studios

Fixed in v.126 :medal_sports: Bug However, note that in multiplayer games, some players might turn one way, while other players turn the other way, so there will be some discrepancy no matter which direction the starfield chooses.

Fixed in v.126 :medal_sports: Bug

Actually, this year I’m allowing code changes, so… Fixed in v.126 :medal_sports: Bug

Oof… that’s going to be… not easy. Will look into it.

12 Likes

@InterAction_studios How about if you’re getting the chance to checking this issue including the other one from previously topics to improve the part of this type mission i literally did months ago?

Didn’t Island Wars 2 support a tracker music format (.xm specifically) for a while? I managed to find them all and it seems they would only add about 6 MB to the file size.

Ah i get it now

Make it only affect by hoster. Simple.

Can you also share a medal to @Instinct8 for his og suggection?

Acknowledged, but had a quick look and it can’t be easily fixed.

Not sure what you mean.

I spent 3 hours to get the rendering to look right, but I lost the original camera settings and for the life of me I can’t figure out how I can get it to look that way again. So no Christmas lights for the Egg Cannon :frowning:

Yes, Smileyville and Loco, too. But that was on another sound engine (fmod).

That’s how it works. But some players will still it going the ‘wrong’ way.

Shared

7 Likes

Thanks, it worked!
And what about the cursor getting stuck for a second on the letterbox when moving the mouse away from it (like there is a “magnet”)? Is it supposed to work like that or is it a bug?

I haven’t noticed anything wrong. Not 100% sure what you mean, but if you have more than one monitor, then once the cursor leaves the window the fork stays frozen in its last valid position – that is normal.

2 Likes

As far as I see on bass lib website it supports all of the tracker formats used in 2002’s source material. Does it require major changes to the sound layer to support these? (From what I see BASS_MusicLoad and BASS_StreamCreateFile are almost identical in syntax, perhaps other functions are similar too)

I only have one ultrawide monitor, and I’m playing with letterboxes on. When I make the cursor touch the border of the screen (where the letterbox is) it stays stuck for a second before moving if I try to move it again. This doesn’t happen if I disable the letterboxes and keep the stretched fullscreen.

You mean v126? Or it can be fixed with a server update?

1 Like

This functionality is not exposed through UVE, and changes will need to be made, breaking compatibility with macOS/Linux, where I’m using my own sound engine. All for a very specific case. So, no.

What’s your monitor’s native resolution?

Yes, mistake.

7 Likes

Will the next version be the end of early access?

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

3440x1440

iA, maybe make the CIU dev category mod-only? if members use it, it can be misleading

I guess it’s time to post an update on this:

By the way, using an auto-clicker or bot is definitely cheating, because it’s a third-party program helping with a task that humans cannot simulate. Many online games have permanently banned players and posted multiple warnings for this, even though it’s a different form of cheating that doesn’t affect what is displayed in the game (like hacking in-game currencies).

1 Like

Another benefit for CHL: If you have a CHL, you can add anyone no matter what your tier is.

6 Likes

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW/: *Visible anxiety*

It won’t really help much, due to weapon firerate and other stuff.
Also, iA appeared to be fine with auto-hotkey, which doesn’t appear to give you any benefit, rather than the ability to copy and paste (and well, spam)