Frequently Asked Questions

Many new users tend to ask questions that have been answered many times before because they don’t read plan updates and F.A.Q. So we made an attempt to categorize them and answer them briefly and comprehensibly.

Read this before posting!

For technical issues, visit this thread. If you have undescribed technical issue, create a post about it and forum users will try to help you.

Due to the importance of this, I decided to move download link issue here, at visible part of topic, until this gets solved completely.

:question:: I can’t download the game because tab closes itself. What do I do?

:grey_exclamation:: Open the link in new tab using right mouse button or copy-paste it’s address manually in the new tab, file will be downloaded. This is unsolved forum side issue.

Technical/Compatibility

:question:: When will there be an Android/iOS/Linux/Mac version?

:grey_exclamation:: When it’s done. These versions will be released after the game’s full release.

:question:: Will this game be released on PS[×]/XBOX[×]/Switch?

:grey_exclamation:: No.

:question:: I can’t login, the game asks to update! How can I update the game without losing my save?

:grey_exclamation:: Install the newest version above the previous or delete your game and install the newest version. Your data will be saved. However, during the early access you need to configure your settings again after every update.

:question:: Others can connect to the server but I can’t. Why can’t I enter?

:grey_exclamation:: This is a networking access error (“An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.”)

This happens when the game is blocked by a firewall and it is strictly a problem at your end. Try using ping gameservers2.chickeninvaders.com and ping gameservers.chickeninvaders.com in command prompt with administrator mode. If your result looks like this:

Pinging ec2-18-207-180-213.compute-1.amazonaws.com [18.207.180.213] with 32 bytes of data:

That means your device resolves server IP but experiencing some problems with 23006 port

Turn your firewall off temporarily to see if it helps (just because you’ve opened a port on your firewall doesn’t mean that the game/application is allowed to access it).

Forum Navigation/Etiquette

:question:: Where can I find main FAQ topic and forum rules?

:grey_exclamation::

:question:: Why is bumping (writing comments under forgotten topics) bad?

:grey_exclamation:: If you write something under not updated for a long time topic it will jump at the start of topic list and will move down newer, more important topics. If the post wasn’t updated during months, there is a possibility users just forgot about it and possibility that they don’t need to discuss it anymore (You can check this by previous posts). If you have something important to say — write, but make sure you will not disturb anyone with something like “I agree with you!”, the :hearts: button is there for something like that.

:question:: Why those users told me to stop doing something? They aren’t even moderators, why should I listen to them?

:grey_exclamation:: You should always listen to any user when they say you broke forum rules or something similar. Stop and check to make sure you don’t break them or correct your behaviour in case you did. Of course, the usual moral rules have not gone anywhere, even if those aren’t discribed here.

:question:: How much description of an idea should I provide?

:grey_exclamation:: As much as you can. People need to understand what are you talking about and all ideas, especially not very simple ones like weapons or game mechanics for example, need to be explained clearly.

:question:: Why did that user say my idea isn’t good?

:grey_exclamation:: Any idea has good and bad sides for every aspect. If one user said that they don’t like your idea it doesn’t mean that your idea is bad. This user should explain why they don’t like it so you can change your idea a bit to make everyone happy.

:question:: How can I help the game?

:grey_exclamation:: Suggest your ideas or improvements on the forum and leave your feedback!

:question:: Which important topics should I read?

:grey_exclamation:: Most important topics for new users are: Plan updates, FAQ, This F.A.Q.

In-Game Features

:question:: Please add my language into the game!

:grey_exclamation:: There are a lot of typos in English right now. Different languages will be added after full release to decrease translators’ work and potential bugs.

:question:: Co-op?

:grey_exclamation:: Maybe later, but very likely not before the game is released, nor shortly afterwards.

:question:: Add the function to save data with your account! I don’t want to have to play again from the beginning! and Where is my save data and how does it work? and How can I transfer my data to another device?

:grey_exclamation:: After the full release you will be able to buy the Chicken Hunter License which allows you to save your progress via E-Mail. Your save data is located on C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\*your_version_folder*, or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\InterAction studios\CIU if you’re using Windows XP. This data contains your profile information so you can use your data from 6th version on 15th for example on every device (except phones because there is no mobile version yet).

:question:: How much $(US)/€(EU) do we need to buy CIU?

:grey_exclamation:: The game will be free for everyone but your save data will be only saved on your device. If you want to link your profile to E-Mail and use it on any device, you will be able to buy Chicken Hunter License for ~$5.

:question:: Why bosses here are harder than in CI3/4/5?

:grey_exclamation:: In Chicken Invaders Universe, the difficulty of bosses and waves depends on the mission difficulty level (orange indicator), mission tier and selected skill. If bosses are too hard for you, try to use a lower skill (“Tourist” or “Rookie”, for example) and different mission. Default skill is “Rookie”.

:question:: When’s the final release?

:grey_exclamation:: When it’s done. This game is quite large and a lot of glitches exist right now. You want to have the game ready in the final release, don’t you?

:question:: Why does food not give missiles? Why can’t I get extra lives in mission?

:grey_exclamation:: Now you can only use food to sell it in Space Burger restaurants to get some keys. Points can’t give you extra lives now too. Use the galaxy store or aftermarket to buy missiles and lives.

:question:: Can I win the game?

:grey_exclamation:: You can’t because there is no end to the plot. Also, to be clear here, it’s a MMO.

:question:: How can I get more satellite docking spots?

:grey_exclamation:: The amount of docking spots depends on your spacecraft type. For example: The Müller M400 Caterer can hold 2 satellites while the Müller M408 Cuisinier can hold 4 of them. Bombers usually have more docking spots than regular type spacecrafts.

:question:: How do I change my in-game nickname?

:grey_exclamation:: By pressing the pilot button on the screen and writing your desired nickname.

:question:: How do you mod Chicken Invaders Universe?

:grey_exclamation:: There is an IAMI which can install mods from corresponding topic.
Mods are being made by small group of people who have unique tools for this. The rules for modding is the following:

1. It must not provide the player any unfair advantages.
  2. It must not screw the game up and increase support costs. (Crashing the game, for example)

Abide by these two, and you should be all good. But otherwise, the safest things, or the only things you should even mod is just game audio. But as for how to mod the game, no one will tell you how.

Edit by @OneWingLunarian : The reason we can’t tell you how, is because there’s the risk of some player just messing the entire game up and increasing support costs for iA. If you really want to know how, just DM me. I won’t bite.

The following is an example of a modded CIU:
https://youtu.be/dOC4XMKGgD4
Audio and font mods should be okay, just don’t mess with the game mechanics/textures and all that, please.

:question:: The in game’s date is 100 years in the future! Is it a bug?

:grey_exclamation:: Not a bug. The game takes its place in the future.

:question:: Will my progress be reset after the full release is released?

:grey_exclamation:: Yes, there are two possibility that iA is currently considering:

• Reset of progress, but bug/idea/EA medals and keys persist. “keys”, meaning that your current key balance plus whatever your owned equipment is worth (so you can buy it again). Note that this is not the same as giving you back everything you’ve ever gained – He have decided against that, because it has impossible to maintain fairness due to changing rules (e.g., balancing of mission key yields, economy/price changes, plus the occasional exploits).
  • Maintaining the current galaxy exactly as it is, and creating a separate galaxy (everyone starts at zero on the new galaxy).
Source

Post #79, Topic “Early Access version 57” made by iA

References forum users use sometimes:

:question:: Who is @ChickenInvadersFan72?

:grey_exclamation:: He made the biggest spam attack on the forum and had been suspended.

:question:: What is the "Mad chicken disease?"

:grey_exclamation:: It’s a term which refers to a user’s bout of bad behaviour (like spammers, insulters or people who create alternate accounts just to flood the forum).

Please, write questions below to make this topic more useful. Users who keep this thread organized will add important and frequent ones as soon as they will be free.

56 Likes

Well…
“Why is bumping bad?”

12 Likes

When’s the final releaſe?
How much deſcription of an idea ſhould I provide?

7 Likes

Who is chickeninvadersfan27?
Well many of us(the very first members) know him and use his name to refer to those who has bad behavior but new members will probably don’t know him

5 Likes

No, that’s not really neceſſary.

5 Likes

they exist, but have you ever heard that we want to help them?

2 Likes

Why chickens but not penguins…

4 Likes

I’m realy sorry it took that long. Updated post with Traveller’s, BinhTurtle’s and PenguinBOI’s suggestions.

3 Likes

(sorry for bumping)
well
“How much US$/Euro do we need to buy CIU?”

4 Likes

I don’t recall IA ever ſaying that it would definitely be added. I would change this reply to “Maybe later, but very likely not before the game is releaſed, nor ſhortly afterwards.”

7 Likes

It’s “buy” not “but” lmao

3 Likes

Wasn’t it €5, not $5?
Edit: Actuälly, the firſt plan update ſaid “near the $5 mark”.

2 Likes

If I use $ sign twice, text format brakes. So I changed it to 4.5€ because it’s the same.

2 Likes

Why are you replying this to me, lol

3 Likes

I suggest you to add:

“Why yolk star has 6 cannons???”

I think that new playes needs to know that bosses becomes more harder the mission and the skill level is.
Because I see very often new topics asking why bosses are harder

3 Likes

Not 6, 7.

2 Likes

This is overoptimiſtic. The anſwer is no.

5 Likes

Chicken invaders on psp is my dream that will not come true.

2 Likes

Atleast there was a fanmade version of it for the PSP.

3 Likes

And it’s terrible. Asteroids which drop drumsticks. My worst nightmare :slight_smile: .

9 Likes