Two (sort of) new bosses. Two weapon reworks. Improvements. Bug fixes. The usual stuff.
Also, if you haven’t logged in for the past 40 days or so, your callsign has been reset (this is to reduce the time I have to spend sifting through inactive accounts when responding to support calls about lost profiles etc.). On the positive side, if you had an old inaccessible account keeping your callsign in use, you can now reclaim it.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Fixed bug: Absolver Beam doesn’t reach across entire screen if fired immediately after spawning (@RoboCat Bug)
- Fixed bug: Absolver Beam appears white if game is paused immediately after firing (@RoboCat Bug)
- Boss Rush missions: Music doesn’t fade between waves if custom boss music has been set (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Fixed bug: “Extreme Unpreparedness” medal is blocked if the “boss music” slot is filled (@ScarletCuboids Bug)
- Removed Easter content.
- Cleared callsigns for all players that haven’t logged in since v.35
- Egg Cannon: Upon entering a new damage stage, that stage’s newly introduced attack is immediately invoked (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Mission Outcome screen: Removed unused (for now) “Equipment perk” from score calculations (@BoggY Idea)
- Mission Outcome screen: Added hints (tooltips) for each key/score calculation. (@BoggY Idea)
- Rarer spacecraft now have smaller hitboxes (@Sophodot Idea)
- Rarer bombers now move faster (@Recruit_75 @anon27929001 Idea)
- Removed “clean sweep” from “Chicken Vending Machine” wave (@MoonKnight Bug)
- Fixed bug: “Extreme Unpreparedness” medal doesn’t receive expected per-stage +10% boost (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Renamed “Scrooge McChick” medal to “Scrooge McCluck” (@Toppy Idea)
- Color theme: “Reset to default” button now requires confirmation (@MoonKnight Idea)
- Fixed bug: Store: Music equipment is labelled as “stackable” (@matix524 Bug)
- Removed “clean sweep” from “Three-Ring Circus” wave (@MoonKnight Bug)
- Lightning/Plasma: Texture horizontal scaling now depends on beam thickness. (@anon48763505 Bug)
- Fixed bug: Store: Background & skill equipment is labelled as “stackable” (@MoonKnight Bug)
- Fixed incorrect flare scaling of Egg Cannon near/far center dish.
- Improved collision accuracy for thick projectiles (e.g., Egg Cannon ‘red’ lasers, UCO green lasers).
- Added “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon” boss (@EmeraldBirb Idea)
- (from v.39) Boss Rush missions: Space Crab and UCO variations are no longer penalized as a group (i.e., it’s now possible to encounter multiple variations in the same mission). They are still penalized in Invasion missions. In v.39-40, the opposite is true: Boss Rushes still penalize, but Invasion doesn’t.
- Fixed bug: Space Crab didn’t appear (neither Invasion nor Boss Rushes) in difficulties >90%.
- Key Rushes are now removed from the To-Do list even if they are surrendered/lost (@Francis Bug)
- “Crazy Squawker” apprearance probability reduced to 50% (@youraveragegrant Idea)
- Clicking on “Missions” button in an assignment message now takes you directly to the “assignments” tab of the MIssions Screen. (@trueuser Bug)
- “Fly again”, “Make favourite”, “Assign”, “Save for later” button icons turn to “X” when button is disabled (@ChickenInvader45 Idea)
- Eggs now have a 4px collision radius (was 0px)
- Temporarily removed “Touchscreen” button from Controls screen.
- Increased maximum supported itinerary length in database.
- Terminator chickens now bank smoothly when turning direction (@Sophodot Idea)
- Terminator chickens’ targets are now jittered slightly to prevent bunching up.
- Added “Chicken Exponentiality” boss (starts appearing at 70% difficulty) (@RoboCat Idea)
- Paint screen: HSB brightness slider can now go all the way down to 0% (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Reworked Neutron Gun (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Reworked Utensil Poker (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Low-memory warning now only triggers if free memory <512MB.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.