Early Access version 43.2

@InterAction_studios These splats are WAY TOO BIG in 200% zoom

6 Likes

@InterAction_studios Can the low-memory warning be changed, so that it says “requires at least 1GB” instead of “requires at least 512MB”? It’s really annoying to see it saying that.
Because an internal change made it like that.

2 Likes

But it actually requires 1GB

1 Like

Then It should be changed to warn if you have less than 1GB, not 512MB.

1 Like

Since when did we reverse changes?

1 Like

:gear: Low-memory warning now only triggers if free memory <512MB.
Early Access version 41

Still, it’s weird case with memory usage. I have it 2 times less than everybody.

4 Likes

@InterAction_studios I flew a boss rush and the Hero quip triggers TWICE in a SECOND!

• (Something that the hero says before starting boss rush that is going to the back layer)
  • Lives? I need no stinky(or something) lives!
1 Like

That would require A lot of getting used to.

About Plasmer, didn’t it not get changed in terms of DPS this update or am I wrong? I remember trying it out on like v42.1 and nothing was different. Perhaps IA did something in the emergency updates?

Oh so it did get a damage buff?

For the record, I started writing my reply before I had read the entire thread again. So that explains the order of quotes.

Yeah, the damage buff wasn’t applied in v42.1.
The damage buff combined with the firerate nerf brought the weapon up to 12000 DPS (from 10400). It’s not really usable in terms of damage output, but it has indeed joined the pantheon of weapons that don’t overheat.

1 Like

Just a quick question because I forget at the moment, is the automatic firerate 4.5/s?

I need it for something.

Fixed in v.44 :medal_sports: Bug

The game’s memory requirements are not a matter of preference, and not something I can suddenly reduce by 50% just because I feel like it. For the best experience, 1GB is optimal, but (as you can see), the game won’t stop you from playing it even if you only have 100MB left. The fact that the warning is only shown if you have 512MB or less is irrelevant – the game still needs 1GB ideally.

11 Likes

Both the manual and automatic firerates are now 5/s.

That’s extremely convenient because I can do my calculations much more easily since 12000 ends with, well, 0.

If IA applies the 6.5/s automatic firerate to Plasmer, I think that would be more than enough. Its DPS would jump to 15600, and since we agreed on it being the Basic Beam, that seems like a satisfying result to me. If it isn’t, you guys can debate on that.

2 Likes

Fixed in v.44 :medal_sports: Bug

5 Likes

Just to add something important that was already mentioned in a previous Early Access post, weapons don’t need to be simply mathematically balanced. There are other factors such as their design (projectile or beam, spread or dense), their overheat rate, their firerate (I.e. how many chickens they can kill per second), their DPS (how much damage they inflict per second on one or multiple chickens), etc.

What I’m saying here is that even if Plasmer was to get 156000 DPS, it would perform almost exactly the same way as when it has 10 times less than that on easier missions. A notable difference would occur when you use the weapon against Chickenauts and other stronger enemies, though. Coward chickens also can’t release waste because the weapon one-hits them.

In this case the amount of chickens Plasmer can kill per second depends on both the firerate and the DPS. Right now you can kill only 5, even though it’s mathematically balanced with a total of 12000 DPS.

With that in mind, can someone who is really dedicated and has enough time (not that I wouldn’t do it myself, but I’m really busy and I’m not even supposed to be here) test all weapons thoroughly and write down everything I mentioned above?

I didn’t ask Galbatorix to do this because IIRC he has real life stuff to deal with, college I think? So yeah.

7 Likes

Also one more thing. Procrastinator gang, where are you at?

Currently Bombers’ pylons can’t reach PL12. Power Levels go like this:
0 - 1;1
1 - 2;1
2 - 2;2
3 - 3;2
4 - 3;3
And so on and so forth, I’m not writing a wall of text. Basically each pylon gets upgraded with each atomic powerup.

At FP20, both pylons are at PL10, and at FP30 - PL11. By this logic, @InterAction_studios, can you make it such that both pylons reach PL20 at FP40? Or it could be a bit more gradual, like so:

20 - 10; 10
25 - 11; 10
30 - 11; 11
35 - 12; 11
40 - 12; 12

This would also make Galbatorix’s dream of seeing both types of Proton Swarm projectiles on a single power level come true

Jokes aside, do you think it’s possible to do that? After all, Bombers are supposed to be what their name suggests - extremely powerful spacecraft capable of destroying everything on their way, at the cost of something. In our case that’s speed and a much larger hitbox. That would also make having such expensive maneuvering jets fairer since Bombers would offer such perks.

6 Likes

@InterAction_studios Is it really intended to split like that? (lighting doesn’t do that)

1 Like

(
Actually, that’s not quite right.
:zap:0 - 0+0
:zap:1 - 0+1
:zap:2 - 1+1
:zap:3 - 1+2
:zap:4 - 2+2
)
I’m sure this could be done, the algorithm just has to treat :zap:11 as :zap:20. I thought about this too, but I’m not sure if this is a good idea. For a lot of weapons, the transition from :zap:10 to :zap:20 is more significant than :zap:9 to :zap:10. This means that the BX-9 would get a much larger increase on max power than the other bombers depending on the weapon.

I still think that a 12/14/16/18 power limit would be the best option.

Ey, we can still hope for the RNG Swarm.

As for your Plasma post above, are you asking for projectile/hit count per second?

Speaking of the Plasma Rifle, I don’t know how exactly IA would like to tackle this. I’ve pretty much given up on manual fire being the default, but we still have an issue. If we bump up the automatic firerate to 6.5/s, we’ll have an okay damage output, but a horribly low max damage before overheat (which from now on I’ll be referring to as MBO, because even copy-pasting this takes too much effort. I know it sounds rubbish, but I can’t think of anything better atm).

The way I see this, we’ve got two options.

1. We do what galbatorix proposed, and set the overheat to 13 seconds. This way Plasma will have one of the highest MBOs in the game, in exchange for a DPS that’s a bit on the low-end.

2. If IA wants to keep a fast overheat rate, let’s do it big. Bump up the firerate to about 9/s and the overheat rate to 5s. Over 21k DPS with about 100k MBO. That way it’d be similar to WBP Laser Cannon, but just a tad bit more extreme.

5 Likes

To clarify counting starts from 1 when we talk about power levels. That’s why we say there are 12 power levels, otherwise if counting started from 0 we’d say 11 instead.
Sorry for the confusion, I should have clarified.

How big are we talking? Asking because I really don’t know.

I’d choose Option 2, personally. That way Plasma Rifle’s gonna be a bit more like the old Positron Stream, and the current Positron Stream has the splitting mechanic and less DPS so there’s the advantages of both weapons.

EDIT: I also noticed that you wrote an entire post about Bomber power levels so scrap everything I said earlier. On top of that IA already implemented your proposed changes.
EDIT2: It’s apparently about firerate alone so I guess don’t scrap everything I said earlier…
Source: About the current rendition of the bomber firerate fix

2 Likes

If there is no new messages,

should it appear a hint like this?(Ex: no new messages)

2 Likes