This is mainly a bug-fixing update, although there are minor content additions in the form of two new exhausts. However, don’t take this to mean that the experience is the same: all CI3/4/5 bosses have been buffed to provide much more of a challenge in harder difficulties, and most boss variations can now appear at any difficulty. Keep a healthy stock of special weapons handy – you’re bound to need them!
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
Waves & bosses in existing missions may have been reshuffled due to changes to procedural generation.
- Atreus constellation: Moved Danae star system away from Lamedon to prevent overlap (server-side fix)
- Fixed Yolk-Star’s 2nd form collision area.
- Mysterious Boss now has danger zone warning.
- UCO eggs are now larger and faster.
- Bonus Challenge presents now have 75% less health.
- Asteroid wave probability reduced by 25%.
- Fixed breadth of H&C 301 exhausts (they were twice as wide as they should be).
- Added 2 new exhaust types.
- Prevented “Logging in” message from being visible for a single frame upon disconnection.
- Dimensional Phase-out now has a 0.5 second grace period upon expiration.
- “Special Forces” boss now has deeper cluck when damaged, “It’s party time” boss has squeakier cluck.
- OS keyboard state is now reset to zero on each frame (might fix some ‘stuck key’ problems).
- Yolk-Star now has 7 cannons on difficulties >120%
- Fences can no longer kill players with invulnerability.
- Perfectly centered laser scope in HQ2X mode.
- Poultry Payback now appears at player’s location (instead of incorrect source-of-damage location)
Much faster login times.
- Temporarily reverted to BASS 220.127.116.11 in an attempt to fix the ongoing loop sounds bug.
- Collision cones of BulletTaperBlue (UFO aliens), BulletTaperGold (Crab), and BulletTaperPink (Henterprise) reduced by 20% to better conform to their visual appearance.
- Fixed pink beam blind spot of Henterprise’s final stage.
- Prevented UCO from dropping too low in difficulties <100%.
- Increased number of UCO tentacle deformation polygons.
- Buffed all CI4 & CI5 bosses to ramp up speed & attacks according to difficulty.
- Number of certain UCO attacks now depends on difficulty (higher=more attacks).
- New throwing algorithm for Chef and Crab that is more accurate and works even if arms move too fast or fps is low.
- All UCO variations can now appear at any difficulty level.
- All Crab variations can now appear at any difficulty level.
- Temporary debug feature: holding the right mouse button down during a mission will display currently pressed keys at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Removed “Some” from star system name list (requires galaxy regeneration)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).