Early Access version 49

Did you juſt manage to take every ſide in this debate?

On a more ſeriöus note,

I don’t think that SSH was every intended to be a method for people to get more keys, but rather the greater proceeds are intended to help a player cover his coſts. SSH is there ſimply to make the game harder; honeſtly, I think that it’s difficulty ſhould be increaſed as ſoon as we can find a way to ſtop the conſtant complaints about the hardeſt difficulty beïng to hard. The recent changes to the comet chaſes ſeems to at leaſt help with this.

4 Likes

Maybe let’s finally add this hardest difficulty then? The SSH in CIU isn’t placed as the hardest difficulty so of course there will be complaints about it being too hard (or even straight unfair). And it’s not like the complaints aren’t legitimate.

5 Likes

IA has ſaid that for SSH, anything goes.

Look, the reaſon the game provides a range of difficulties is ſo that each player can find the right difficulty for them.
When ſhopping for underwear, if I juſt bought the largeſt ſize (feeling overconfident) and ſubſequently complained to the ſhopkeeper that he was crazy to expect me to be able to wear them without a belt, I have a feeling it juſt wouldn’t fly.

1 Like

Bruh, not really, and don’t force me to do it.
It’s for ALL difficulties.

That doesn’t mean that players can’t have objections. It’s not like with these words IA just magically solved every issue.

Exactly. There is a range of difficulties and SSH isn’t at the end of it. So let’s finally extend it to the full and introduce the missing difficulties so then we can think about if the hardest difficulty is in fact the hardest or unfair.

Ah yeah, ending the reply with joke. Classic traveller move. You’re terrible person to discuss with.

7 Likes

IA’s ſaid not to expect higher difficulties anytime ſoon, ſo for practical purpoſes it is.
Beſides, 100% is ſuppoſed to be the hardeſt difficulty moſt people will want to face.

If the hardeſt difficulty iſn’t completely, 100%, unfair, then it ſeems like a harder level would be neceſſary for people who want “unfair” levels.

Dude, that’s not a joke, that’s a metaphor. And it’s a rather apt one too, if I may ſay ſo myſelf.

It’s a pleaſure and an honour to be of ſervice!

2 Likes

Can we have a little icon indicating the “effects”

10 Likes

There’s difference between hard and unfair, moving between small gaps but still possible is hard, while giving a dead end without way to escape is unfair. A game that makes the player feel being cheated is clearly a bad designed game.

Are we going back to hieroglyph era? I don’t think people would remember all symbols meaning.

5 Likes

That would be useful to indicate which favourite mission has a lucrative boost and which not

For the love of god, I’ve done it with a Laser Cannon on a BX-9. Happy? Why don’t y’all just accept the point?

7 Likes

Umm, nope, don’t try it with a bomber. Try it with a Muller. (yeah, i know it’s exhausting and that it’s excessive)

1 Like

The bomber is just harder, muller would make it easier, he did it with bomber to make the challenge even more harder and to show you that it is possible even with a bomber.

3 Likes

100% + SSH, non-legendary/rare/uncommon BX-9 without repulsors, jets, satellites or special weapons. I’ll be waiting for video proof (and will take a look as soon as my internet speed allows me to).

12 Likes

You forgot the requirement of getting the medal of extreme unpreparedneſs.

.___.
That’s exactly how I did it, just that I didn’t record it. Also I used lives and lost a bit of them but the firepower really helps.

More of 90 replies for the behavior of Comet Chase?

Edit: We are talking about Comet chase, so, my tough its what it didnt need to be changed now, i love this new behavior of this type of misión, and it got nerfed in 48.1 sadly, i really love this new thing, and i didnt really care about with what ship use in that nission, its perfect of how behave

2 Likes

Actually, Photon Swarm may also be viable now that it has homing and better spread. Anyone tried it?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a rather hot topic (just like weapon balance program). Makes me get a Déjà vu of discussions after famous version nr 10

2 Likes

wut happened in v10?

1 Like

Majority of bosses got ridiculously buffed and there were two sides of the conflict: those that liked it and wanted them to stay like that and those that didn’t like it and thought that they were unfair. I think that both of the sides had some good points, but for me personally U.C.Os were a little unfair.

tl;dr
bosses got unreasonably hard (IA words not mine so shush)

Here are related topics if someone wants to do their research:
Early Access version 10
Early Access version 10.3
Pease Nerf and Fix
The Yolk-Star™ with maximum difficulty

I remember there was also another topic (probably much later), but I can’t find it.

2 Likes