This is an emergency update to fix the game-breaking “no overheat” bug. Still, a couple of other fixes made it in here (most notably, the Laser/Hypergun balancing now works
fully kind of).
Also, as a result of a server crash last night, you won’t receive a “most active squadron” message today.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Laser Cannon rework: Applied overlooked v.48 changes: Beam damage 150/300/450/600; increased overheat time to 5.9s (@minasam123 Bug)
- Made “Surrender” text orange in “All-time best result” (@minasam123 Bug)
Hypergun rework: Applied overlooked v.48 changes:
Projectile damage is now 150/300(@minasam123 Bug)
- Fixed “never overheat” bug (@BoggY Bug)
- Fixed end-mission hints overlapping HUD (@Edd Bug)
- Added “fill in field first” error message when callsign/squadron name is left empty (@Francis Bug)
- Boron: Impact flares now match color of projectile (@Lilaxon Bug)
- Comet chase: Reduced number of comets to x2.5 at 100% difficulty.
- Fixed server crash during rankings daily maintenance (phase 1).
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.