Early Access version 49

MAIN CHANGES

This is an emergency update to fix the game-breaking “no overheat” bug. Still, a couple of other fixes made it in here (most notably, the Laser/Hypergun balancing now works fully kind of).

Also, as a result of a server crash last night, you won’t receive a “most active squadron” message today.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Laser Cannon rework: Applied overlooked v.48 changes: Beam damage 150/300/450/600; increased overheat time to 5.9s (@minasam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Made “Surrender” text orange in “All-time best result” (@minasam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Hypergun rework: Applied overlooked v.48 changes: Projectile damage is now 150/300 (@minasam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed “never overheat” bug (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed end-mission hints overlapping HUD (@505 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Added “fill in field first” error message when callsign/squadron name is left empty (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Boron: Impact flares now match color of projectile (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Comet chase: Reduced number of comets to x2.5 at 100% difficulty.
  • :gear: Fixed server crash during rankings daily maintenance (phase 1).

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

27 Likes

Ahh well. 'Twas fun while it lasted. :joy:

But in all seriousness, should be good to check out how the new stuff is actually supposed to work.

7 Likes

The fastest update in the world!

5 Likes

Meh, I’ve seen faster updates :wink:

3 Likes

K, so the new laser cannon is amazing. :joy:

3 Likes

This is quite the update of being fast since today lol

1 Like

Something tells me Hypergun’s projectile damage is the same still.

3 Likes

I have missed the entire version 48 topic!

2 Likes

Pfff. Fixed in v.50 :medal_sports: Bug

16 Likes

I’d like you to keep the medal. I’m not the one who caught that bug, and it’s also not big enough for it to warrant a medal. To me, at least.

5 Likes

Is it just me or is the Mysterious Ship’s chance of spawning too small. Like I used to play the dailies like normal and then there’s today’s daily challenge which has a mysterious ship, and then I realized just how rare that boss was, so can it get a frequency buff?

3 Likes

It appears with the same frequency as any other boss. But you need to be playing at 50-60% difficulty at least.

4 Likes

Unfortunate UCO Encounter when :smirk:

7 Likes

I think the Vulcan Chaingun gift should be dark blue base with a white ribbon, as that’s the non-overheated bullet form. Plus it would be distinguishable from Absolver.

4 Likes

is missing the squadron activity of monday…

1 Like

self-advertising
Meanwhile, check out this post I wrote regarding Boron Railgun. It offers really simple quality of life changes.

I think key rush is better now? Got 310 from a 10 wave, spent 15 min on it. Seems about right-ish.

Comet Chase is perfect currently.

2 Likes

Is it just me who’s hard to distinguish among Vulcan - Absolver - Photon’s gift colour?

5 Likes

Can you make the font color same the color of the icons?

1 Like

You know, Sufi still deserves a medal as well cause he found out that it still wasn’t buffed even in V49, you’ll also have a medal cause you reported it for v48, so I’d go with a shared medal here…

7 Likes