Weapon Reskin Library V2.0

Welcome to the Weapon Reskin Library 2.0!
Now available as a mod! (Again)
Thank you all for your support and encouragement!
Enjoy!

Ion Blaster

Ion1 Ion2
Classic Ion
Older than the Authentic Hero, this green Ion Blaster has been a staple of the UHF since the first sighting of an intergalactic chicken some 120 years ago.

Retro Blaster
From a distant galaxy, this… sleek… weapon seems to hail from a time long since forgotten to the records of the UHF.

Flash Blaster
Supercharge your Ion Blaster with high-energy, yellow bursts of photon light.

Crystal Tears
Make the Henpire weep with these blue bursts of liquid energy.

Glitter Blaster
Rainbows and sparkles will explode out of your victims when you use this colourful weapon.

Snowdrops
Like gentle snowflakes… in a hailstorm. Rains upon chickens like fallout from the apeckalypse.

Neutron Gun

Neutron1
Neutron2
Negative Gun
Negative energy charge causes your Neutron Gun to fire monochromatic bursts of dark power.

Classic Neutron
Deprecated UHF technology allows for the “squashing” of neutrons into a tighter space, creating compact zig-zags of damaging energy.

Chromatic Aberration
This add-on to your Neutron Gun squeezes the wavelengths of light proportionately around high-energy projectiles, causing each power level to have a unique color signature.

Scarlet Pulse
An elegant weapon from a more civilized age. Wraps your Neutron Gun in a soft film of crimson light.

Fireball
Some people just like to watch chickens burn. Especially if they’re hungry.

Space Police
Standard issue Neutron Gun for all members of the intergalactic Space Police.

Laser Cannon

Laser1
Laser2

Light Cannon
Replaces your Laser Cannon with high-energy bursts of pure, solidified light.

Lunar Laser
Charged by pure moonlight, this Laser Cannon modification creates pink-and-white columns of glittery destruction.

Alien Phaser
We’re not quite sure if this is a green energy stream, or a blast of concentrated, superheated space-sludge, but the chickens don’t seem to like it either way.

Quantum Entanglement
The only weapon in the universe that can leave victims simultaneously alive and dead, this Laser Cannon fuses two beams from alternate realities into a single blast.

Electrified
Why should you have to choose between your Laser Cannon and your Lightning Fryer when you can use both at the same time?

Island Warrior
Glows like a golden sunset over a tropical island, or an easter egg from a companion title.

– Credit to @samuelronban for the idea to include this reskin!

Lightning Fryer

Lightning1
Lightning2
Golden Bolt
The Lightning Fryer modification for only the most discerning of chicken-hunters.

Black Lightning
We’re going to be honest - we have no idea how this works, or if it’s safe. But it looks totally awesome, so it’s got that going for it.

Pink Storm
No point in having chains of deadly lightning spewing from your spaceship if they’re not going to look pretty, right?

Green Thunder
Harness the power of this rare optical phenomenon in every bolt that discharges from your Lightning Fryer.

Disco Fryer
Don’t blame it on the sunshine.

High Voltage
Removal of the safety limiter on your Lightning Fryer creates this behemoth of a beam. The UHF does not endorse, promote, or accept responsibility for usage of this weapon. But we’re selling you one anyway.

Vulcan Chaingun

Vulcan1
Vulcan2

Rainbow Blitz
Turns your Vulcan Chaingun into a popsicle of multicolour madness.

Comet Chaingun
Replaces your Vulcan Chaingun ammunition with miniature fragments of ultra-celeritas comets.

Classic Vulcan
Slightly outdated, but no less effective than the modern variation of the Vulcan Chaingun.

Stoplight
Green means go, red means stop. Inspired by the UHF Juniors Inititive.

Starlight Vulcan
Every colour in the spiral of the galaxy, condensed into a single blazing projectile.

Phosphor Shadow
Dark and mysterious. The Vulcan Chaingun for the most edgy of UHF recruits.

Plasma Rifle

Plasma1
Plasma2

Author's Note

First sprite is firing, second is impact. Just like default.

Acid Rifle
For only the most insidious of Chicken-Hunting recruits. For your safety, the UHF requires that you wear gloves when installing, operating, observing, or thinking about this weapon.

Ghost Plasma
This cartridge of plasma glows a creepy blue colour… we’re sure it’s totally safe to use though.

Plasma Discharger
Streams high-charge volleys of golden plasma directly into whatever you point it at. Eye protection may be necessary.

Pasta Rifle
Chicken pasta, anyone?

– Credit to @kokokokos for the concept behind this reskin!

Microwave
This nifty modification for your Plasma Rifle allows you to bake your enemies to perfection, rather than splattering them with radioactive plasma. For the most voracious of chicken hunters.

Spider Bite
This web-like Plasma Rifle proves that even intergalactic chickens can suffer from arachnophobia.

Boron Railgun

Boron1
Boron2
Monochrome Master
Elegant. Sleek. Sophisticated. Crystal white bullets for your Boron Railgun.

Boron Ice
Mined from the distant reaches of Eta Astropelacae, these shafts of ice have been shaped to fire from your Boron Railgun.

False Moron
The weapon of choice for show-offs and pranksters. We promise it’s not an actual Moron Railgun. Guarantee it. For certain.

Atomic Fusion
Directly channels the energy from your atomic powerups into concentrated, solid beams to be fired from your Boron Railgun.

Hornet Tailgun
Load up your Boron Railgun with these vicious, elongated stingers.

Obsidian Shards
Smooth, perfectly-refined fragments of nigh indestructible space obsidian for your Boron Railgun. Purchase comes free with unnatural, glowing auras around each bullet - we’re not sure why it does that, to be honest.

Photon Swarm

Photon1
Photon2

Author's Note

Left is standard, right is high-power.

Solar Swarm
Fires clouds of miniaturized stars because, well, that’s just an epic idea.

Stinger Trails
Chickens across the universe will beware your stinger trails when you have this modification for your Photon Swarm.

Photon Fairies
Don’t worry - you’re not actually shooting fairies out the front of your spaceship. Not only would that be impossible, it would be against UHF regulations, too.

Bubblegun
It might look like fun and games, but this is not a toy. It’s a highly sophisticated liquid energy weapon which generates lethal projectiles that just so happen to resemble cute little bubbles. We promise it’s more effective than it looks.

– Credit to @samuelronban for the idea to include this reskin!

Twilight Stars
Like a twinkling night sky in motion, this Photon Swarm modification will stun with its simple, colourless beauty.

– Credit to @MrPablo_Islam for the idea behind this reskin!

Christmas Lights
The most jolly, festive way in the universe that you can obliterate poultry.

Positron Stream

Positron1
Positron2
Doom Ray
…be careful with this one? Please.

Corrupted Negatrons
If you accidentally touch this stream and feel the sensation of your molecules reconstituting at random, we advise you stop using this weapon and talk to your local medical practitioner.

Magma Stream
Fried chicken, anyone? Great for combat on frozen planets, and hosting intergalactic barbeques.

Freeze Ray
Cold and unforgiving - keep your chickens colder than… frozen chicken with this Positron Stream adjustment. Most effective when you shout its name loudly before usage.

Double Helix
This Positron Stream firing pattern should be familiar to geneticists and chickenwaveologists alike. Get two beams for the price (and impact) of one!

Jelly Worm
Guaranteed to melt your taste buds.

Hypergun

Hypergun1
Hypergun2
Goldshot
Fire your Hypergun through a film of liquid keys - only to be shot at Very Important Poultry.

Ionized Crimson
Part of an experiment originally intended to give the Hypergun more spread, all this modification actually manages to accomplish is discolouring the bullets. Like red?

Intense Focus
This… extreme… adjustment puts the “hyper” in Hypergun.

Green Mist
Infused with the collected vapors of Toxic Chicken gas clouds. Ew.

Ultra Celeritas
Designed by the infamous Mad Madame Madámme. She never uses weapons, or sells them, so we have no idea why she made it. If her public statement on the matter is anything to go by, neither does she.

Starfire
Did you know that Hypergun ammunition is flamable? By lighting it with an open spark, this modification creates the vibrant hues of an open flame and blends them with the burning power of a blazing comet.

Riddler

Riddler1
Riddler2
Supercharged Bullets
Because what good is a machine gun if it only shoots regular bullets?

Mad Painter
For the artist at heart, this weapon fires a differently-coloured projectile with every shot.

Noir
The henpire will be pushin’ up daisies.

Red-ler
C’mon. Admit it. You chuckled. The pun isn’t that bad.

Water Fountain
Unorthodox, but effective. Sprays high-pressure jets of water into outer space.

Fireworks
Celebrate your victory over the Henpire with these vivid projectiles. Explodes into stunning displays of light with every shot.

Corn Shotgun

Corn1
Corn2
Freeze-Dried
Tired of jumping out of warp and into combat only to find your corn has gone stale? This modification keeps your corn kernels well-preserved, tasty, and completely inedible within a coating of liquid nitrogen.

Flaming Corn
In an attempt to conserve interior hull space, this Corn Shotgun modification stores unfired ammunition in the basin of your heat sink. If smoke begins pouring out of the exhaust in enormous plumes, just fire off a few shots and your ship will almost definitely probably not explode.

Extra Buttery
Satiate your desire for extra-delicious destruction with the most appetizing projectile weapon in the galaxy. Available in Regular, Large, and Superstar Hero.

Rotten Shotgun
…ok. This is kind of gross.

Sweet Corn
Sugar-filled pink kernels explode into a multicoloured array of delicious rainbow popcorn overflowing with taste, colour, and artificial flavours.

On-The-Cob
Don’t settle for anything less. You bought the whole cob of corn, and you’re going to fire the whole cob of corn.

Absolver Beam

Absolver1
Absolver2
Sonic Beam
A powerful stream of focused sonic energy, strong enough to de-atomize almost anything that crosses it path. Ear protection recommended.

Waveform
Channels your Absolver Beam into a series of tightly-packed radioactive waves, for increased coolness and absolutely no change in function or total damage output.

Rainbow Flash
We shoved a prism in front of an Absolver Beam and it turned into this - give the chickens the mercy of seeing the most stunning sight of their lives as you vaporize them.

Candy Cane
'Tis the season to be saving the universe!

Warp Tunnel
This tunnel of hyperspace forcibly propels chickens across the universe at multiple times the speed of light! We’re sure this won’t upset anyone.

Space Angel
Like a halo of light, this Absolver Beam is elegant and refined. Bring peace to the cosmos and defend the galaxy from chicken invasion with this hope-filled channel of starlight.

Utensil Poker

Utensil1
Utensil2
Gold-Plated Cutlery
Fire away your retirement plan as you spray these refined, genteel dining implements at alien poultry.

Superstar Hero
Eat chickens for breakfast… in style.

Dark Chrome
Suave, stylish weapons of anti-chicken glory. Voted #1 people’s choice in the annual “most desirable weapon of mass destruction” contest.

Iridescent Sheen
Whether you dine with these opal-hued projectiles, or rain down a rainbow of pearl annihilation upon the Henpire, you’ll be the envy of the universe and the scourge of chickens everywhere.

White-Hot Metal
Because firing forks into space wasn’t enough, why not heat them to melting point?

Emerald Poker
Carved out of crystals more vibrant than Gamma Chthon’s finest.

The Weapon Reskin Library is now available (again) as a functional game mod for CIU!

Please be aware that this is intended as a proof-of concept, not a definitive edition. Modding has limitations. Some skins are missing special effects. A select few are not available at all.

Download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nooygshhrpnas43/Weapon+Reskin+Library+V2.0.zip/file
(WARNING: Link has pop-up ads, make sure you download the right file. :wink: )
Please read the Readme!

:white_check_mark: You are welcome to:

• Use these mods in your gameplay!
  • Share videos of this mod (no credit required!)
  • Share this mod with others!

:x: Please don’t:

• Claim or infer that this mod is official content - please include disclaimers that it is a mod.
  • Claim or infer that this mod was created by someone who it was not.
  • Share any of the files from this mod without including an unaltered version of the Readme.
  • Include the files of this mod in your own mod without permission.

Note 2: The remainder of this post was written for Series 1, and has been preserved in its entirety for context. See this post for details on Series 2.

So there’s been talk about weapon skins for a while - people have been wanting to see old versions of weapons get added, recolours, etc.

And so I decided to take the time to make a series of prototype ideas for different skins. The idea would be that you’d buy these (perhaps only at specific stores, to encourage travel!!!) and your weapon could then be equipped with this skin (ideally, on a per-spacecraft basis). In making them, I endeavored to:

• Remain true to the weapon’s gameplay - don’t change anything that would be “confusing”
  • Avoid new sprites where possible - avoid over-cluttering the file size (since the game will be getting a mobile port). How possible some of this is depends entirely on how able the game is to recolour images.
  • Give every weapon an equal number of skins, and in a wide diversity of styles to appeal to a wide audience.

I’m definitely happier with some of them than others, and some weapons really don’t lend themselves to reskins, either, so it was hard. But I think I’ve done ok, so I’m sharing them here.

So thoughts? Which of these (if any) would you like to see in CIU, potentially? Which ones don’t you like? If you have any ideas of your own, feel free to share them in this topic, too.

These took waaay longer than I expected to make, lol…

118 Likes

It’s overall pretty cool, my favorite ones are the Utensil Poker, Plasma and Neutron Gun add-ons.

5 Likes

Lunar laser, the best. No more questions

5 Likes

The green ion blaster looks really cool and it does fit well on 120th anniversary lol

5 Likes

Ion, Laser, Neturon fit well on CI2 and they are my favorites.

1 Like

Neutrino gun :thinking:

4 Likes

I think it’s named negative gun because it’s reversed color.

2 Likes

Forgot to upload the Hypergun to this library, even though I finished the sprites - it’s a testament to how forgettable it is that nobody even noticed. :joy:
(It’s there now)

Also, if anyone clever wants to mod these into CI5 or something, flick me a message with the skin you would like (one at a time, please!) and I’ll send you a raw sprite. I can’t guarentee they’ll all work in game, though - stuff like the photon swarm would probably need additional adjustment, and things like “Mad Painter” obviously won’t work without code.

4 Likes

It’s out of my confusion.

1 Like

I really love these artworks, especially mad painter Riddler and the pinky fryer

Summary

2 Likes

I was thinking about the exact same thing dude, you stole them from my mind lol, And yep, it’s as cool as I imagined it to be.

Another one that I was thinking of, I really wanted Utensil Poker to have a visual remake since I kinda felt that it was a bit boring IMO visually, so why not make em golden?

I know whom this is made for…

Mmmm… Extra crispy hot chicken…Who wouldn’t want one?

I really have to applaud you for your effort into these weapon skins, they look epic!
Update V44 did a lot to increase player customization, so if this idea gets added into V45, it might just live up to Update V44. As for my own personal idea, I have this:

Argent Bolt

The power of an alternate dimension at your disposal… Has a… tendency to make the pilot… ‘Mortally Challenged’

What do you think?

2 Likes

Oh ok :ok_hand:

Really? Because I don’t, and I made it. :joy:

@OneWingLunarian kind of was the inspiration behind the name (because the colours reminded me of her spaceship) - but I created it just by doing some negative layering, it wasn’t really “designed” for anyone if that’s what you mean.

I’m assuming it’s a reference that I’m missing, but the weapon itself looks pretty cool. I leant away from a “red lightning” because I had so many other weapons that had a “red version” - but that doesn’t make it any less cool.

And it looks like you’ve actually put it in game, so bonus points for that. I don’t know how to mod CI :joy:

It just so happens that people in CI Discord call me Luna. Short for One-Winged Lunarian. My ship happens to look like that.

Screenshot (1497)

Also I’d really appreciate it if people can avoid calling me Luna outside of Discord. Thanks a lot.

5 Likes

And it looks really cool IMO. I would love to see you play with the Lunar Laser since the color scheme matches your primary ship’s color ship.

1 Like

(reply for the actual post)
Someone finally suggested weapon reskins…
I want the weapon reskins alright. I’d even pay 1000 keys each if it did cost THAT much.

100% would use Black Lightning

4 Likes

You got it right, it is a reference to the 2016 DOOM and Doom Eternal, in fact, I used one of its most controversial jokes, the ‘Mortally Challenged’ joke and used it for the description.

Actually, I used photoshop to make the image, so no, I didn’t mod CIU to make that image.

I’m not on the Discord, I had no idea :joy:
If it bothers you I can rename it, but I hadn’t really named it as a reference, I was just sort of like “white and pink, what’s white and pink…” and Lunar seemed like an appropriate name once I thought of it.

That’s epic, lol… I can’t really take credit for the idea of reskin (obviously - tons of people have suggested it) - but never had I seen anyone actually make any, so thought I might as well go ahead.

Had me fooled. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t mind Lunar Laser. I just don’t want people calling me by my Discord name outside of Discord is all.

3 Likes

where are the swords in place of forks

6 Likes