Early Access version 83

MAIN CHANGES

A small but important update to iron out the kinks with the new waves, as well as add 4 new ones. Also, some minor improvements to existing old waves. Due to changes in the wave pool, ongoing league dares have been reset.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :bulb: “Ribbit!” wave: Barriers now leave larger gaps (@matix524 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Gladiator” wave: Zoom is now 125% (was 100%), enemies move slower, max 4 simultaneous enemies.
  • :bulb: Destruction meter now fades out as spacecraft approaches (@RainbowBoyVN @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Progress meter now fades out as spacecraft approaches.
  • :new: Added “The Treasury” wave (@anon51565962 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Tribute” wave: Now uses blue alien (“Fester”), barriers are now indestructible(@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Tag, you’re it!” wave: Reversed direction of anomalies (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Bullet Rain” wave: Made “Pecking Order” bonus feasible (@KnockoffFeline :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: League: Can now only dare players within ±30 points from you (was 50) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Cherry Bomb” wave: Made “Pecking Order” bonus feasible (@OrvilleTheOrca :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Four-lane Merge” wave: Reduced enemy sets from 3 to 2 (@Enhawk :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “High-Speed Chase” wave: Halved appearance probability
  • :bulb: “Rolling ball o’ Chicks” wave: Ring sets are now 2,2,1,1 (was 1,1,2,3) (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Retro Highway” wave: Made “Pecking Order” bonus feasible (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Henterprise/Yolk-Star/Egg Cannon/Cannonade" boss: Gift/atoms now appear beneath enemy, even in pro-gamer mode (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Skyscrapers”/“Demolition Crew” wave (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Symphony No. 1 in C major” wave (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Translations: Fixed DATE_FUTURE_PRE/DATE_FUTURE_POST/DATE_PAST_PRE/DATE_PAST_POST sometimes disappearing from squadron assignment expirations.
  • :gear: Fixed changes to squadrons, squadron members, squadron assignments, and CI1 top-10 not propagating to all servers correctly.
  • :bug: Due to change above, fixed problem with duplicate or ignored squadron joins (@Arnav @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Droid Raid missions: Waves are now penalized 50% for appearing (they were previously not penalized at all) (@Kylo-Hen).
  • :bulb: UFO Saucer enemy: Colorized bottom ‘LED’ (chick=yellowish green, green alien=cyan, Fester=red, Shady=violet). (@Pidgey @Piotrek1113 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Checks for duplicate squadron names are now stricter (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Squadron names and callsigns are no longer trimmed.
  • :bug: “A mysterious ship approaches…”: Background no longer stops scrolling during Space Race (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Tying Shoelaces” wave: Raised ‘knot’ path by 20% (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Elevator Action” wave: Reduced elevators from 6 to 5 (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Zigzag” wave (reworking of “The Chicken “wave”” from CI3)
  • :new: Added “Conveyor Belt” wave (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

31 Likes

New update! :tada::confetti_ball::bouquet:

1 Like

I liked more the old colors of ''type ‘’ mission te new one are way to simillar…wich brings me to an ideea it is possible to make this colors customable like incuded in the themes?

1 Like

I was supposed to get 5 idea medals, I only got 4…

This one doesn’t count so you didn’t get a medal.

I thought the alien swap part count?

Why is the blue alien called “Fester”? Is this a reference?

Yes, and no one was able to figure it out until iA pointed it out himself

The reference

Fester Blatz | Space Quest Omnipedia | Fandom

2 Likes

You didn’t suggest it. You asked why doesn’t it attack.

Well, I asked about U.C.O before and got medal:

But I see your point too.

If my name would’ve been removed from the Alien change or at least the word “idea” be striked it would’ve made more sense(that’s why I got confused).

this is strange

iA, can u keep the old UFO drop design for UFO chicken?

3 Likes

Barrier nodes disappearing Symphony No. 1 in C major feels quite weird. Probably a vanishing effect would do the trick (same as other waves using these nodes).

2 Likes

Add 5 new waves for chicken invasion
Add a new boss, the boss rush is boring to play over and over with only the old bosses

1 Like

@InterAction_studios Can you add the wave “Saucer Attack” reverse version, meaning it can appear from the left side of the screen instead of 100% appearing on the right side of the screen and the left:right ratio is 50:50. And, should the “Pecking Order” bonus be on the “Skyscraper” wave?

2 Likes

Isn’t it already random

Agreed

2 Likes

Did you encounter the “Saucer Attack” with the flying saucer appearing from the left during the wave?

1 Like

I’ve encountered it just now on the Space Race, and they came both from the left and right

1 Like

Hmm ok

1 Like
Is ‘Energy Fences’ wave too slow?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

These colors are automatically generated, and it would be too much of a maintenance hassle to make them individually theme-able.

Oversight. Medal awarded.

I don’t see how that would be better. Black LED or green LED, they are both wrong (since this particular saucer doesn’t even have a LED).

There aren’t any barrier nodes (the electric fences connect directly to each other). I had some in there originally, but they interfered with firing, so I removed them. I could easily put some in. Poll.

“Saucer Attack” has random but uniform entry direction. You’re thinking of “Mars Attacks!” – on that one enemies enter from both sides.

It already has Pecking Order. Do you mean it shouldn’t? Why?

4 Likes