Electric, hot, and massive mission environments now actually affect gameplay in a significant way.
Added “Feather Fields” missions and “Feather Brain” boss.
Weekly missions are now classified as “hybrid”: 4th and 8th stages are randomly selected from other types of missions.
Thorough weapon overhaul based on @GgWw1175’s suggestions.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Profile screen: Reordered “Customize” and “Mission Config” buttons (@RamonTokus Idea)
“Asteroids – no, really” wave: Fixed placement of safe zone (@xXmlgDiegoXx
- Fixed bug: Some bosses don’t display “HUD enemy health bars” (@thisisamericanuser Bug)
- Separated foreground effects and UI-related (=topmost) lists (@thisistrueuser @thisisamericanuser Bug)
- “Chicken Highway” wave: Barriers now vanish after all enemies are killed (@Rabbit_Dude Bug)
- Added sound to bomb vanishing (@Fractorial Bug)
- “Cloudy With a Chance of Eggs” wave: Prevented Slobs from spawning (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- Spacecraft painting: Added “Hide other customizations” button (@TheChickenBoss128 Idea)
- “The Fortress” wave: Replaced barriers with “sphere/orb” barriers from CI4 (@Fractorial Idea)
- Remastered “Shoot the Core” (attacking) barrier (@Tails.jpg1 Idea)
- “Panzer Strike” wave: Now uses sphere barriers.
- Mission generator: Skills no longer affect wave types (@Fractorial Idea)
- “Windshield Wipers” wave: Replaced endpoint egg barriers with sphere barriers.
- “Three-stroke Engine” wave: Made barriers indestructible (@gabytzu Idea)
- “Merry-go-round” wave: Added second danger zone (@Edd Idea)
- In-mission pause menu now also shows current wave title (@gabytzu Idea)
- Corrected waves where bombs would not vanish if left remaining at the end (“Soft in the Middle”, “Bundle o’ Chicks/Chickens”, “Chicken Roulette/Wheel of Fortune” “Chicken Fractals/Complex Fractals”) (@Fractorial Bug)
- Missions in electric environments: Deadly lightning strikes appear randomly (@qbus371 Idea)
- Missions in hot environments: Weapons overheat 20% faster (@qbus371 Idea)
- Missions around massive planets: Fighters move slower (bombers not affected) (@qbus371 Idea)
- Tweaked lucrative boost factors: frozen +15%, hot +20%, electric +25%, massive +30%
- “Invulnerability Extension” now only takes effect after being destroyed (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” removed bars from most bosses and enemies that already have alternate bars (Gatling, Barriers) (@thisisamericanuser @thisistrueuser @xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- “Weapons Training” missions: Starting weapon power is 0/2/4 (easy/intermediate/hard) (@Stardrone Idea)
- Daily missions: Easy is forced to Rookie skill, Intermediate to Veteran, Hard to SSH (@Akemisora Idea)
- Added “Massive” icon to mission UI (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Hybrid” missions (user-inaccessible).
- Weekly Challenge: 4th and 8th stages now have a chance of being replaced with another type of mission. Weights: Invasion 100, Comet Chase 100, Supernova 100, Meteor Storm 100, Feather Fields 100, Boss Rush 12.5
- Photon Swarm: Corrected outdated store description (@harakat Bug)
- Feathers generated by bosses now have a consistent screen-space size (i.e., wave zoom is cancelled out).
- Added “Feather Fields” missions.
- Added “Feather Brain” boss.
- “Weapons Training” missions: Reduced appearance probability to 1/4 (from 1/3).
- “Weapons Training” missions: Prevented consecutive waves from having the same weapon.
- All weapons: Firing interval and time-to-overheat values can now vary by power level (previously, certain weapons had fixed values).
- Chainable/splittable weapons: Exposed “time-to-extend-chain” and “penalty-for-multihit” values in Excel.
- Darkness missions: Limited to max 3 stages (was 4) (@gabytzu Idea)
- Absolver Beam: Firing interval is now correctly enforced (was previously ignored)
- Cowards now hold their position until damaged (return to position after 3 seconds), never attack when damaged at 100% health (@Akemisora Idea)
- Re-introduced Cowards on waves that they were disabled because they messed up the pattern/formation (but are still disabled on waves with limited maneuvering space or where enemies must hold positions due to other constraints).
- Absolver: Exposed “damageSharing”, “timeToCharge”, “initialHeatCost”, and “heatDrainRate” in Excel.
- Beam splitting mechanic now staggers each beam split to enhance impression of “progressively spreading out”.
- Chaining weapons (Lightning): Fixed bug where a 4-node chain would momentarily render an unconnected tail whenever the 2nd node (enemy) in the chain was killed.
- Reworked weapons. See WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets) for details. (@GgWw1175 Idea )
- Remastered giant feather (white/black).
- Absolver now pushes feathers 3x more strongly.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.