New content (waves, specifically)! Hard to believe, I know. I originally didn’t intend for it to become this massive thing. I merely wanted to add a couple of new waves to the game, because (i) it’s been a while and (ii) there’s a long upcoming period during which adding new content will not be a priority. After the first 2-3 waves, however, I kept adding more and more because (i) I re-acquainted myself with the wave creation code, so my efficiency increased (for a similar reason to why working sets, cache warming and economies of scale are a thing) and (ii) great new ideas kept coming in from you guys. It almost killed me, but I crammed in as many as I could (a few more will appear in the next update).
Encountering some of these new waves ‘naturally’ in missions is hard, so if there’s any demand, I’ll create a special mission that includes all of them. That’ll have to wait until v.53, however, because there’s currently no support for this and I’ll have to hack a special case into the code.
There’s also a new type of daily challenge named “Weapons Training”. Despite what its name might suggest, it’s not actually related to WBP – instead, it’s an alternative type of daily mission where you are forced to use a different weapon on each wave. It generates randomly with a 33% chance, so it might be a few days until you see it.
The downside of all this was that I didn’t have any spare time to work on anything else (namely, actual weapons balancing). That will also wait until v.53
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Boron: Muzzle and impact flares are now perfectly colored to match bullet (@minasam123 Bug)
- Pressing ESC to quit contexts now also obeys the “ask for confirmation” setting (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- Removed repeatable RNG from non-competitive missions (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Added “Merry-Go-Round” wave (starts appearing at 40%) (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Anode-Cathode” wave (starts appearing at 20%) (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Slice of Chicken Pie” wave (starts appearing at 50%).
- Added vanishing effect to Alien Container.
- Added “On the Radar” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@Fractorial Idea)
- Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade boss: Fixed scaling of laser ring (last phase) (@vinhso Bug)
- Removed bUseNetRandom parameter (it’s now automatically calculated).
- Disallowed equipment is no longer listed in the “potentially mountable equipment” hint (@BoggY Bug)
- Fixed bug: “Grill Hero” medal not awarded for exactly 10,000 food (@Francis Bug)
- Added “Take a number!” wave (variation of “Enemy Queue”; replaces it gradually over 60%-110%) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added “Windshield Wipers” wave (starts appearing at 50%).
- Added “Enemy Hurricane” wave (variation of “Egg Cyclone”; replaces it gradually over 70%-120%) (@OneWingLunarian @Francis Idea)
- “Gyroscope Malfunction” wave: Difficulty now controls number of simultaneous/total enemies (@Akemisora Idea)
- “Chicken Fractals” wave variation is now named “Complex Fractals”
- Added “Under Pressure” wave (starts appearing at 60%) (@Fractorial Idea)
- “Play Both Sides” wave: Fixed cases where bottom small targets would not be hittable by thin forward-firing weapons (@sazonrius Bug)
- Music no longer fades before boss battles if both wave & boss music have been customized to be the same.
- Added “Henn Diagram” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Panzer Strike” wave (starts appearing at 50%) (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Replaced “top-10” references with “leaderboards” (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- Added “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” equipment.
- Additional anti-cheating checks.
- Added “Portal Gun/Portal Shotgun” wave (starts appearing at 20%/60%) (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Berserkers” wave (@matix524 Idea)
- Added “Go With the Flow” wave.
- Speech bubble is no longer hidden by other game elements (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Added “Chicken Highway” wave (starts appearing at 40%) (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Repeatable RNG is now enabled for appropriate missions (was always disabled in v.51)
- Added “Weapons Training” daily missions.
- Restored fractional power levels in Bombers (affects Boron/Corn/Hyper/Photon)
- Added “Chequerboard Strut/Chequerboard Promenade” wave (starts appearing at 30%/70%) (@Pidgey Idea)
- Added “Out of Nowhere” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@EvilCrash Idea)
- Added “Droid Slalom/Droid Giant Slalom” wave (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Cloudy With a Chance of Eggs” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added “Braided Assault” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@matix524 Idea)
- “Pecking Order” bonus now requires a minimum of 5 enemies (was 4).
- Added “Ricochet” wave (starts appearing at 20%) (@matix524 Idea)
- Added “Asteroids (no, really)” wave (from CI2).
- Added “Over the Rainbow” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Mission Config screen: Selecting a slot now correctly makes the corresponding equipment visible in the list (@Netto_JM Bug)
- Added “Corridor Shooter” wave (starts appearing at 40% (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Added “The Fortress” wave (starts appearing at 60% (@Civilian Idea)
- Added “Möbius Strip” wave (starts appearing at 50% (@Fractorial Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.