Early Access version 52

MAIN CHANGES

New content (waves, specifically)! Hard to believe, I know. I originally didn’t intend for it to become this massive thing. I merely wanted to add a couple of new waves to the game, because (i) it’s been a while and (ii) there’s a long upcoming period during which adding new content will not be a priority. After the first 2-3 waves, however, I kept adding more and more because (i) I re-acquainted myself with the wave creation code, so my efficiency increased (for a similar reason to why working sets, cache warming and economies of scale are a thing) and (ii) great new ideas kept coming in from you guys. It almost killed me, but I crammed in as many as I could (a few more will appear in the next update).

Encountering some of these new waves ‘naturally’ in missions is hard, so if there’s any demand, I’ll create a special mission that includes all of them. That’ll have to wait until v.53, however, because there’s currently no support for this and I’ll have to hack a special case into the code.

There’s also a new type of daily challenge named “Weapons Training”. Despite what its name might suggest, it’s not actually related to WBP – instead, it’s an alternative type of daily mission where you are forced to use a different weapon on each wave. It generates randomly with a 33% chance, so it might be a few days until you see it.

The downside of all this was that I didn’t have any spare time to work on anything else (namely, actual weapons balancing). That will also wait until v.53 :frowning:

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Boron: Muzzle and impact flares are now perfectly colored to match bullet (@minasam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Pressing ESC to quit contexts now also obeys the “ask for confirmation” setting (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Removed repeatable RNG from non-competitive missions (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “Merry-Go-Round” wave (starts appearing at 40%) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Anode-Cathode” wave (starts appearing at 20%) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Slice of Chicken Pie” wave (starts appearing at 50%).
  • :bulb: Added vanishing effect to Alien Container.
  • :new: Added “On the Radar” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade boss: Fixed scaling of laser ring (last phase) (@vinhso :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Removed bUseNetRandom parameter (it’s now automatically calculated).
  • :bug: Disallowed equipment is no longer listed in the “potentially mountable equipment” hint (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: “Grill Hero” medal not awarded for exactly 10,000 food (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “Take a number!” wave (variation of “Enemy Queue”; replaces it gradually over 60%-110%) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Windshield Wipers” wave (starts appearing at 50%).
  • :new: Added “Enemy Hurricane” wave (variation of “Egg Cyclone”; replaces it gradually over 70%-120%) (@OneWingLunarian @Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Gyroscope Malfunction” wave: Difficulty now controls number of simultaneous/total enemies (@Akemisora :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Chicken Fractals” wave variation is now named “Complex Fractals”
  • :new: Added “Under Pressure” wave (starts appearing at 60%) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Play Both Sides” wave: Fixed cases where bottom small targets would not be hittable by thin forward-firing weapons (@sazonrius :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Music no longer fades before boss battles if both wave & boss music have been customized to be the same.
  • :new: Added “Henn Diagram” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Panzer Strike” wave (starts appearing at 50%) (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Replaced “top-10” references with “leaderboards” (@trueuser :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” equipment.
  • :gear: Additional anti-cheating checks.
  • :new: Added “Portal Gun/Portal Shotgun” wave (starts appearing at 20%/60%) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Berserkers” wave (@matix524 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Go With the Flow” wave.
  • :bug: Speech bubble is no longer hidden by other game elements (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “Chicken Highway” wave (starts appearing at 40%) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Repeatable RNG is now enabled for appropriate missions (was always disabled in v.51)
  • :new: Added “Weapons Training” daily missions.
  • :bulb: Restored fractional power levels in Bombers (affects Boron/Corn/Hyper/Photon)
  • :new: Added “Chequerboard Strut/Chequerboard Promenade” wave (starts appearing at 30%/70%) (@Pidgey :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Out of Nowhere” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@anon51565962 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Droid Slalom/Droid Giant Slalom” wave (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Cloudy With a Chance of Eggs” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Braided Assault” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@matix524 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Pecking Order” bonus now requires a minimum of 5 enemies (was 4).
  • :new: Added “Ricochet” wave (starts appearing at 20%) (@matix524 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Asteroids (no, really)” wave (from CI2).
  • :new: Added “Over the Rainbow” wave (starts appearing at 30%) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Mission Config screen: Selecting a slot now correctly makes the corresponding equipment visible in the list (@Netto_JM :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “Corridor Shooter” wave (starts appearing at 40% (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “The Fortress” wave (starts appearing at 60% (@Civilian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Möbius Strip” wave (starts appearing at 50% (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

31 Likes

Let’s play

1 Like

Lets play the weekly challenge for more results!

3 Likes

i recently updated to 51 like 2 mins ago. :upside_down_face:
Kill Me

5 Likes

Well , i dont like the egg canon canon cannonade flame things becuase they letirally firing everywhere and i lose 2 or 3 of my lifes so i go crazy going everywhere , by the way lets see the new uptade

lol that look like the flash upgrading

If someone plays my wave, send me a photo please, I want to see my creation lol

What is it

this one

ok i know know the new waves is Binary scream , the trash compactor , tangled mess , play both sides and shear stress , i want to see more and try them

yes should be nice…an experimental mission!!

5 Likes

i dont think so , some experimnetal missions cosumes me many lives

You’re not force to try it than :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

no i meant some hard chickens like the fat , the egg ships and the armored chickens are very tricky but easy those consumes me lives , also i know some tactics to defeat them but that might consumes life and i always use ICBMs

it was all abount the new waves just to familiarises to them

Now that reminds me of terminator chickens wave… (but still a cool change tho, and yes I know there’s a different topic for that, but I just wanted to say my opinion)

Those chickens really annoying in this waves , specially the toxics and the fat chickens

they are but sometimes are hard

The first update that focuses so much on new waves! :smiley:

I just encounter the asteroids no really wave :heart_eyes:…I was thinking that should be nice that evan the asteroids would spawn keys!!!