Early Access version 117.2

(ehh, I wait for over 40 minutes for IA to finish the post so I can reply to it neatly, finally gave up because haven’t seen his profile picture in replying and 1 minute later it’s available…)

One nitpick from me. Don’t you have like to-do list? In the game though, but it’s still a list that can be revisited later.

So we’re in development hell.

I’m polling it.

No equipment (items, weapons, superweapons etc) special challenge
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Welcome to a new kind of challenge. Have fun!

1 Like

so it’s a like a challenge but we only fight with our main weapon? Neutral for that. But I don’t find anything to be interesting in it.

No, iA doesn’t have to read all topics here. If even I can’t do that, iA shouldn’t do that either because the main purpose of this forum is these Early Access feedback posts, the other topics are just something that players can discuss separately from the topic of the update.

Moderators: the frequency of bad, silenced or suspended users and the size of this community is not enough for new moderators to be necessary. If even one mistake is made in promotion, all of us will be suspended permanently and that is not worth the risk, comparing to just let the community self-moderates and use flags (flags should be available at trust level 1 or 2 instead of Regular).

Any good ideas planned to be posted in the Early Access posts, if they have an acceptable length should go to a separate post for player discussion first instead of throwing them to the developer’s face in these feedback posts.

1 Like

basically after 6 months the player is removed from the leaderboard in the planet missions so can we make the key rush missions playable again after 6 months ??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My list is over 1000 items long. Even if I stopped accepting new suggestions it would take me over a year to implement all of it. Besides, how do you even sort such a list to know what to tackle in each order? Chronologically? By technical difficulty? By impact? By popular demand? By category? By “I don’t feel like doing this today”?

Most of the time there is a benefit to grouping similar work together, so instead of implementing e.g. one new wave, I wait until I can do more in a batch. I’ve explained how this works here: Early Access version 52

If that’s how you want to define it :man_shrugging:

That would create a series of cascading exceptions for me. After 6 months of playing the game, do you really need the extra keys?

11 Likes

Oh, that’s a LOT

I figured if someone were to risk the big 3 medals (no deaths, no special weapons, no satellites), they should have enough items to have a chance to get more points than the points of these medals combined. Of course, whether or not they actually get that is entirely on how they use said items.

Though with the items given to you currently you won’t be capable of doing such things.

With the assumption that for item slots, only the things in the “Mountables” category are picked and randomly-selected (with each item having equal weights), we have a set of 23 avaliable choices.

So the chance for a choice to fall in Auto-Use, HUD, Perishable and Special Weapons are 5/23, 6/23, 6/23 and 6/23 respectively.

The number 25 was suggested mainly because some slots may be randomized to fall into items that you don’t have to worry about where and when it’ll be used (Auto-Use, Perishables, HUD), which in total takes 17/23 or nearly 74% on those items.

The other 26% are for the Special Weapons, which averages out about 6 slots, or 21 items, which could lead to far more options for strategic item usage, and opens up opportunities for some players who could beat other players for actually using items by taking a huge point risk in advance and took them on like a champ.
Which is both fun and suprising to see at the end of the day, as even if you got all 3 big medals, you may not be the first in the leaderboards.

For this challenge, you need to not only be a good pilot here,
but also use your items well to reach the top, don’t cha think?

PS: Can some insight powers be randomized into Pot Luck as well?

Also, some math I used here wasn’t that on-point, I’ll have to rebalance it later in the day, but at least you get the idea why I wanted that in the first place.
(The math I used had some errors, mainly with the ones that can only be picked into the final list once like the HUDs, and max item stack limitation items with Perishables, those need to be considered too)

1 Like

We should have 2 more filters into the contact list (so you don’t have to scroll down to see your out and in requests and respond)

1 Like

just press the first character of their name

1 Like

Tried the new pot luck missions and I like them a lot.
I have a very small suggestion for them: right now the player’s loadaout is fully randomized but the playable ship have the default paintjob. Is it possible to also randomize that? (Maybe letting the game choose the design of a spacecraft from a random player?)

• Yes
  • No
  • I’m neutral about it

0 voters

2 Likes

Not sure if these were suggested before but:

1. In the “Overarching Chickens” wave, the chickens create 3 arches, right? I noticed that if you didn’t clear an arch and let a chicken escape, the next arch will show up very lately later. This will unnecessarily lengthen the wave if you missed some chickens.

2. Can you add a simple progress bar for previewing music in store? It’s good to show the length of the audio, where it is currently playing and help you easily get to where you want to listen to, instead of having to listen to the entire audio normally.

The progress bar should only show the current time, length of audio and help you choose where you want to hear. Volume adjustment isn’t necessary since you can just change it in-game or your computer volume in general.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios

Can this problem of the Heat visuals in the Treasury wave be looked at again? I have another image that shows the barriers being near impossible to see. This was part of my Galactic Cup KO round that I finished last night.

This next image is spoilered, to see if people can find the two barriers without having to click on the “answer”.

I also raised this issue in the v116 thread, here: Early Access version 116 - #499 by DePeeper

2 Likes

I think the same weapon also should be picked for every player. At least that’s how I imagined it. But we’ll see.

I think it’s even required by law to moderate every public message. But don’t quote me on that.
Also. It was possible to do it before I left the forum for my longest break. Nowadays it’s overwhelming with the amount of new posts so some help would be great. (and maybe like I said a while ago, don’t autoclose the topics after 14 days, but after they are reviewed and you decide if they are going on a list or are they in wait or won’t be made at all)

Isn’t the purpose of the forum to generally debate about suggestions, fixes, balance etc? Heck even the FORUM word means the public square of an ancient Roman city that was used for discussions. Yes, IA mostly replies in EA topics but not exclusively.

Well then other users shouldn’t complain that IA has to deal with it.

This is so easily reversible that it’s not an issue. Also don’t give mod role to some randos. I bet there are people here that would love to help with moderation even for free.

Good one. I think even regulars abuse flagging nowadays. Giving it to L1 and L2 users is the true way to make the forum go into chaos mode.

If we’re still talking about the pot luck type suggestions then they were posted in many topics. Some of them in EA, some of them in their own.
Honestly right now it’s a gamble where to post it and when to gather the most engagement and make IA see it.

I actually don’t think it’s such a bad idea. Go into the maintenance mode and just focus on critical bugfixes from new versions, review your to-do list and make some kind of plan that you want to achieve. Will it be really that much different from how it is today?

It’s 2022, we have tools for pretty much everything - version control (git), project tasklists (trello and open-source variants of it f.e. Kanboard, GitHub issues), forums (you already use probably the best one of them right now - Discourse).

Why not all of them? Also some stoopid stuff like https://dont.build/

Yeah, group them, make tasks, subtasks. Add how long do you think it will take to add. Rate the importance for you, for players.
Heck, here’s even my list that made you stop giving “likes” to other ideas: Collection of ideas liked by InterAction Studios

I think it’s pretty fitting.
https://www.thegamer.com/best-games-longest-early-access/
We’re between Subnautica / Fortnite and Rust / DayZ

5 Likes

I wonder why

Add an option to enable in-game a display of the percentage of coins/food collected, too keep better track of the 90% food/coin collection medals.

I suggested a similar idea and I’m not sure if anyone suggested it before me.

Ah didn’t know, sorry

In multiplayer mode, can the satellites, when dismounted on player death cannot be docked by other players and only that player who originally docked it?

Glow color depends by player

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Feels like an exploit giving every players in that mission free satellites.

Honestly it’s more annoying because others can steal your satellites, forcing you to rejoin or hope others die and lose them, which is kinda oof.

4 Likes