Early Access version 50

Make it real fortune. Ez.

1 Like

Can we have a button on attempted missions that displays the most recent victory results?

If you have not beaten the mission yet, it displays your most recent defeat’s results.

If you’ve already beaten the mission, but fail afterwards, it will display your victory’s results and not the fail’s. Just to not make you feel bad. (perhaps you can add a “Most Deadly wave” on the mission results/overview to tell you which wave you died the most on in your overall attempts?)

If you’ve beaten it more than once, it displays the victory result with the best score.

5 Likes

@InterAction_studios This happens after defeating mysterious ship boss:

Not sure if it happens with plasma.

4 Likes

It happens as long as there’s a screen shake. The beam is meant to be displayed only within the screen resolution. The screen shaking makes it show more than it should, and that’s why you don’t see the beams go beyond that.

10 Likes

Try Plasma with Heavy Bomber, it will be a weapon of destruction, the fear of chickens. If you have difficulty in Supernova waves do not forget to use Vulcan with BX-9 because it will outperform Utensil

He’s using Translate.

image InterAction_studios:

Not worth fixing

My bad :pensive:

Skills are now disallowed in competitive missions

Does that mean that the leaderboards will also be reset for the anniversary mission? There’s absolutely no way you can beat someone’s time on rookie when they used tourist to get a better time, and there’s even less chance to beat someone who used ssh for the scoring leaderboard if you play with rookie, thanks to the huge score boost.

8 Likes

What is heavy bomber

He meant BX-9, which is the heaviest bomber.

1 Like

The BX series heavy bombers are one of the ship families in the game.

They have an extended range of firepower, generally allowing you to dish out more damage, at the cost of being big and slow.

I’m not sure how that is in any way related to the introduction of overdrive, and why it was brought up in the first place, but anyway.

“Heavy bomber” refers to all spacecraft in the BX family, not just the BX-9.

5 Likes

Fixed in v.51 :medal_sports: Idea

Note that the music will still fade out before boss battles (that’s another issue).

6 Likes

Isn’t it a bug?

1 Like

It’s both. This time I leaned more towards idea.

4 Likes

This is based on yesterday’s discussion. I don’t agree with this change, I think it will cause excessive drops on some waves with many enemies. You need to let me know if you observe this in your challenge missions.

A better solution would be to limit the gifts and atoms individually, or (frankly the best solution), just leave it as-is. If some people want to waste their life testing out different kill orders in the off-chance that they might get a marginally better drop, then I see no reason to stop them :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you!

Honeſtly, I don’t get why there’s ſo much focus on balancing everything. I mean, on the one hand there’s the weapon balancing, which attempts to make all the weapons equal as well as making their ſtats eaſily compared (hence the perſiſtent 11 firepower model), and on the other hand there are moves to remove all RNG from the miſſions, ſo that everything is equal for everyöne. Juſt accept that you win ſome and you loſe ſome, and when you loſe blame it on bad luck rather than thoſe three times you ſtupidly craſhed into a ſlow-moving egg.

Alſo, here’s a thought for you: ſince the drops are now identical each time you fly a challenge, it would be entirely poſſible to, ſay, write down the dropped weapons in the weekly as well as the waves that come up, and then uſe that info to work out the beſt ſtrategy for your ſecond playthrough. Juſt ſayin’.

4 Likes

:bulb: Skills are now disallowed in competitive missions (@1galbatorix1 :medal_sports: Idea)

I think that I suggest somethink like that Early Access version 22 - #140 by gabytzu on june 2019

2 Likes

Alſo, rather than diſallow skills in competitions, would it be poſſible to make it ſo that you could ſtill fly them non-competitively? Given that there aren’t any normal 100 wave miſſions, it would be nice to ſtill be able to fly the weekly on a different skill.

4 Likes

I would like to suggest something. When Corn Shotgun is overheated and pops baked popcorn, the smoke should be white after firing.

5 Likes