Yet ANOTHER ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles .
A little bit of everything in this update… bug fixes, life improvements, and new features. The most obvious new feature is the addition of the “Absolver Beam” weapon. This uses an entirely new mechanic (actually, several new ones). I won’t spoil anything here. Just play around with it and return with your feedback. I have a feeling it’s hopelessly unbalanced, so enjoy it while you can
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- “Max power” bonus is now given at level 20 regardless of type of spacecraft (@Orandza Idea)
- Paint screen: Removed one-frame lag showing white engine after pressing “Reset to default” (@BoggY Bug)
- Options/Gameplay: Added “Ask for confirmation” option (@Q777 Idea)
- In-mission “Cancel mission” button is lo longer affected by 2-second delay.
- Galaxy Overlay: Fixed “missions won” aggregation for star systems + constellations (@Alucard Bug)
- Added (purposefully vague) key anti-farming measures.
- Reworked targetting system for Lightning/Plasma/Positron (fixes cases where it appeared to pass through targets) (@minasameh @BoredCelestial @HaiAn2007 Bug)
- Added “CI1 big chicken” as a potential Squawk Block boss (@BoredCelestial Idea)
- Better crash reporting.
- Fixed some aspects of (previously-used) skills erroneously being applied to missions that disable skills (@BoredCelestial Bug)
- Added canary profile files (debugging lost profiles).
- Paint screen: Prevent memory-editing exploit of painting the entire spacecraft for minimal cost (@BoggY Bug)
- Store: Satellites and strobes are now combinable (note: only applies to new purchases) (@BoggY Idea)
- loadMode is now forced to “immediate” (temporary debugging measure).
- Better std::exception handling.
- Added support for chargeable weapons.
- Re-organized Riddler muzzle flashes (moved them from ‘weapon’ to ‘outlet’).
- “Thermal capacity” of a heat sink now directly affects in-mission heat capacity (instead of the cooling rate).
- Added “Absolver Beam” weapon (experimental).
- Squadron assignments no longer appear in “recent missions” list.
- Mission outcome screen: “Fly again” button is now enabled for squadron assignments that haven’t been won yet (@hale Bug)
- Mission outcome screen: Better explanation about disabled “Fly again” button when mission was a (won) squadron assignment (@Boggy Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.