Early Access version 36

MAIN CHANGES

Yet ANOTHER ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles :sob:.

A little bit of everything in this update… bug fixes, life improvements, and new features. The most obvious new feature is the addition of the “Absolver Beam” weapon. This uses an entirely new mechanic (actually, several new ones). I won’t spoil anything here. Just play around with it and return with your feedback. I have a feeling it’s hopelessly unbalanced, so enjoy it while you can :wink:

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bulb: “Max power” bonus is now given at level 20 regardless of type of spacecraft (@anon27929001 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Paint screen: Removed one-frame lag showing white engine after pressing “Reset to default” (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Options/Gameplay: Added “Ask for confirmation” option (@Q777 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: In-mission “Cancel mission” button is lo longer affected by 2-second delay.
  • :bug: Galaxy Overlay: Fixed “missions won” aggregation for star systems + constellations (@Alucard :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Added (purposefully vague) key anti-farming measures.
  • :bug: Reworked targetting system for Lightning/Plasma/Positron (fixes cases where it appeared to pass through targets) (@minasam123 @OneWingLunarian @anon48763505 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “CI1 big chicken” as a potential Squawk Block boss (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Better crash reporting.
  • :bug: Fixed some aspects of (previously-used) skills erroneously being applied to missions that disable skills (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Added canary profile files (debugging lost profiles).
  • :bulb: Paint screen: Prevent memory-editing exploit of painting the entire spacecraft for minimal cost (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Store: Satellites and strobes are now combinable (note: only applies to new purchases) (@BoggY :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: loadMode is now forced to “immediate” (temporary debugging measure).
  • :gear: Better std::exception handling.
  • :gear: Added support for chargeable weapons.
  • :gear: Re-organized Riddler muzzle flashes (moved them from ‘weapon’ to ‘outlet’).
  • :gear: “Thermal capacity” of a heat sink now directly affects in-mission heat capacity (instead of the cooling rate).
  • :new: Added “Absolver Beam” weapon (experimental).
  • :bulb: Squadron assignments no longer appear in “recent missions” list.
  • :bug: Mission outcome screen: “Fly again” button is now enabled for squadron assignments that haven’t been won yet (@hale :medal: Bug)
  • :bulb: Mission outcome screen: Better explanation about disabled “Fly again” button when mission was a (won) squadron assignment (@Boggy :medal: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

19 Likes

Lets view the New gun!

1 Like

Is this something strange?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks ok to me. What is the problem?

1 Like

Why is it hitting there? And not where the laser is?

Ah, I see now. Yes, that’s wrong. Will investigate.

Unrelated: Rebooting the server… 30 seconds of downtime. Done.

2 Likes

Should I wait for a hotfix?

Whoa that was fast from the last update

No, it’s minor, it’s visual, and it can’t quickly be fixed.

2 Likes

Hm. Perhaps increase the overheat rate? This thing’s reeeeeeallllly powerful.

2 Likes

Oh man. Imagine being galbatorix now. New weapon to balance…

3 Likes

4 Likes

haha yes my dream weapon.

2 Likes

it’s good for regular waves but bad for bosses

4 Likes

Are you sure its fixed?

It’s kinda bad for me

When you immedally pause after starting mission (bug maybe)

1 Like

Wow •_•

1 Like

Ermmm
SHOULD I PICK IT UP

1 Like