Early Access version 31

MAIN CHANGES

This is the Christmas 2019 update :gift: . Music and (some) graphics have been changed to their Christmas variants (sadly there wasn’t enough time to do a full re-skin, so you’ll have to make do with a few Santa hats :santa: ). Holiday changes will be reverted in the next update.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Coward chickens now work properly in Squawk Block missions (more generally, in any mission where spacecraft flying area is limited) (@matix524 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed startup crash whereby GetAdapterIdentifier output was incorrectly interpreted as UTF8 (it’s apparently in the current codepage) (@Canterlot :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Painting: ‘Outside’ edge of HSB slider can now be dragged even if resting at 0% or 100% (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Painting: HSB editing now makes ‘changed asterisk’ appear on item being edited.(@Boggy :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Painting: Re-selecting an item while HSB editing will now revert to ‘standard’ color editing (@Boggy :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Uncaught std::exceptions now show a dialog box instead of terminating silently.
  • :gear: Server now logs incorrect/unknown passwords (attempt to debug lost profiles).
  • :gear: Client now saves a copy of any corrupt data files and (only if they’re .pro files) uploads them to server (attempt to debug lost profiles).
  • :bug: Fixed damage/death sounds of “Coward” breed – were previously CI4 chick sounds instead of CI3 Easter sounds (@Nikito :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Game now uses Christmas Edition music tracks whenever possible (temporary change)
  • :new: Added falling snowflakes to title screen (temporary change)
  • :new: Swapped Chistmas Edition faces on some chickens (temporary change)
  • :bulb: Volume slider widgets can now be directly controlled by clicking/dragging on them (@Drax47 :medal_sports: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

17 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:r

3 Likes

i cant wait to hear christmas songs :smile:. also merry christmas everybody

1 Like

Swapped Chistmas Edition faces on some chickens. what about Heros???
Is there a snowball instead of a meteorite?

1 Like

Heroes don’t have a face, do they? :thinking:

No other changes than the ones listed.

6 Likes

Server is very slow!

1 Like

There’s a problem. Investigating.

Update: I think this was because the DB was being backed up, slowing down everything. The backup is finished now. Let me know if you still encounter problems.

6 Likes

I found a bug, the theme of ci3 is not heard in the menu of the store (in other words it is not heard like the others)

It starts off with a slow volume fade-in. Give it 5-10 seconds.

5 Likes

oh okey

got a medal nice

3 Likes

Isn’t the monitor option supposed to be greyed out?

Do you think you could modify the way you can choose the category of missions, just so you are able to select the category you want rather than clicking on it until you get there?
( To change from clicking to selecting a specific category )

From the way they work now:

To something similar to shop categories:

Or exploration options:

Untitled
hey @InterAction_studios I was thinking 372 day ago I just begin this adventure but I know for a fact that all of us started from a diffrent place…and I mean constellation\star systeailm\ planet…
one curiosity could be found somewhere the origin of the begining of this adventure…and if is a YES…could be added an detail in the stats somethink like origin or starting point???

2 Likes

Bubble Bath seems to be bugged:

4 Likes

no its not bugged i think

2 Likes

Yeah, it is the coward chickens that make it look rather weird, I’ve been able to experience the Bubble Bath level with other chickens and they seem to behave normal. But even so… I’m pretty sure I’ve experienced coward chickens in bubble bath before and they didn’t behave like that, but who knows.

EDIT: I’ve found in older topics ( Idea about how to Fix one CURRENT KNOWN BUG - #6 by InterAction_studios ) that this is indeed a bug, even though back then it was affecting only ninja chicks ( seems to have been solved back in version 18 Early Access version 18 ) and since coward chickens were introduced in version 29 ( Early Access version 29 ) they seems to suffer from the exact same issue.

2 Likes

(I think) I found a little bug. Was it present in the earlier versions too?

I’ve quit the game back in the day while being in the orbit of no planet (the orchestrated theme would be played). Now I logged in again, still in the interplanetary zone, but now the ‘mellow’ theme is played instead.

(P.S.: My callsign is “Wajiro” in-game.)

Hello everyone. I’m back

Sounds so similar to Alt+Tab glitch

1 Like