This is the Christmas 2019 update . Music and (some) graphics have been changed to their Christmas variants (sadly there wasn’t enough time to do a full re-skin, so you’ll have to make do with a few Santa hats ). Holiday changes will be reverted in the next update.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Coward chickens now work properly in Squawk Block missions (more generally, in any mission where spacecraft flying area is limited) (@matix524 Bug)
- Fixed startup crash whereby GetAdapterIdentifier output was incorrectly interpreted as UTF8 (it’s apparently in the current codepage) (@Canterlot Bug)
- Painting: ‘Outside’ edge of HSB slider can now be dragged even if resting at 0% or 100% (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Painting: HSB editing now makes ‘changed asterisk’ appear on item being edited.(@Boggy Bug)
- Painting: Re-selecting an item while HSB editing will now revert to ‘standard’ color editing (@Boggy Bug)
- Uncaught std::exceptions now show a dialog box instead of terminating silently.
- Server now logs incorrect/unknown passwords (attempt to debug lost profiles).
- Client now saves a copy of any corrupt data files and (only if they’re .pro files) uploads them to server (attempt to debug lost profiles).
- Fixed damage/death sounds of “Coward” breed – were previously CI4 chick sounds instead of CI3 Easter sounds (@Nikito Bug)
- Game now uses Christmas Edition music tracks whenever possible (temporary change)
- Added falling snowflakes to title screen (temporary change)
- Swapped Chistmas Edition faces on some chickens (temporary change)
- Volume slider widgets can now be directly controlled by clicking/dragging on them (@Drax47 Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.