“Supernova” missions have been added, complete with a new matching boss (fun fact: the boss implementation requires more lines of source code than the entire Chicken Invaders 1 episode. Ah, progress.). Supernova missions can currently appear on any planet (IIRC), but when the galaxy is regenerated they will only appear on suns.
Also, “Most active” medals now work and user interface color is now customizable.
In other news, UHF recruits have now flown over 200,000 missions total! Well done, recruits!
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- your “Information Overlay” settings
- Bubble Bath wave: Fixed ninja chicks (and other evading enemies) escaping their protective bubble.
- Skill slot now shows an empty (default) skill for Space Race missions.
- [Server-side 17.2] Fixed droids disappearing from galaxy (overflow list).
- [Server-side 17.2] Fixed time reported in Weekly top-10 (@GuestUniverse ) and score reported in Space Race.
- [Server-side 17.2] Manually generated missed Daily Challenge & Space Race (@KiyanChickenFan )
- [Server-side 17.2] Fixed server deadlock (multiThreadDeleteQueue)
- Paint screen: Added grayscale option to shield.
- Paint screen: Added customization of GUI, progress, heat, destruction colors. (@GgWw1175 )
- “Daily Hard Worker” and “Weekly Hard Worker” medals now work.
- Music no longer fades out before Comet Chase boss (@Traveller )
- Music no longer fades out before Retro boss (@GuestUniverse )
- Egg Cannon collision areas fixed (weapons would not lock onto uppermost/lowermost areas) (@Nikito )
- Hot environment corona is now placed correctly for all possible headings.
- Fixed wrapping seam in “ringB” texture.
- Added “Supernova” missions + boss.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).