Content-wise, the main change is the addition of three new chicken breeds (Slob, Toxic, and Coward). Each has its own unique mechanics. I won’t spoil anything here – you’re welcome to comment on them after you’ve encountered them in the game (they start appearing in difficulties >40%).
In terms of mechanics, key boosts for several mission types have been scaled back to 100%. They’ll be adjusted back to reasonable values in the coming week.
Technically, the major addition is “borderless” mode (which is in fact the default now). The whole Graphics -> Advanced options screen has been redesigned. Let me know of any weird graphical behaviour.
In other news, Noob October has been postponed for now. In fact, due to unforeseen circumstances, development might slow down or even be halted completely for the upcoming weeks. We’ll be back to our regular programming (literally) as soon as humanly possible.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Boss Crab B is now strong against bio instead of fire (to match Crabs A and C). (@Orandza Bug)
- Graphics options now support window, borderless, or fullscreen (@Rimik13 Idea)
- “Smaller explosions and screen shakes” has been renamed to “Tone down effects”, and it now also affects whether upon-death power-ups are raised above explosions (@Traveller Idea)
- Space Race missions: Starfield scrolls faster (even in boss waves) (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- “Most active recruit” is now sorted by waves (as usual) and then by decreasing time taken (new) (@Traveller Bug)
- The number of keys that non-Invasion mission types drop in between waves now depends on difficulty (was previously constant) (@Orandza Bug)
- Callsigns with too many emoji are now disallowed.
- Increased zap sounds simultaneous limit from 2 to 4 (to assist with sound cut-off in all-Chickenaut waves)
- Increased screen edge margins for all waves so that larger enemies enter/leave the screen completely.
- Randomized pulsation phase of “interdimensional portals” (GroupSpawner) – only apparent in “Magic Flute” wave.
- Added “Slob” chicken breed.
- Added “Toxic” chicken breed.
- Added “Coward” chicken breed.
- Key boosts for Comet/Supernova/Droid/Meteor/Retro are temporarily reduced to 100%
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).