Early Access version 122

MAIN CHANGES

A maintenance release with lots of bug fixes and improvements related mainly to the new Android version. Speaking of which, you can find the Android version here: 📱 Android (experimental preview) . Carefully read through the notes, because it’s still experimental.

Note that due to the addition of new options, all your saved menu Options have been reset.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection
  • all your menu Options

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bulb: Reverted this change from v.121: Buttons and other UI elements now use “additive magic”.

• :bug: Fixed Henterprise’s collision circle dropping lower in Halloween Edition (caused by cobwebs) (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Removed useless .preload files from WADs.

• :gear: Socket errors now propagate correctly (and are reported by UI) when ::connect() fails.

• :bulb: Improved joystick/gamepad text entry screen.

• :gear: Changes to “Letterbox” option can now be applied without restarting DirectX.

• :gear: UVE event manager: Fixed NULL access crash when moving focus from an object to nothing (in principle always a bug, but only practically encountered in Android release build due to compiler optimizations).

• :bug: Crab/V2 boss: Vial shatter sound effect is now also played in low detail mode (@ShadowMoon :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Minor code fix-ups (removed unused variables and unreachable code) identified by Apple clang 14.0.0

• :gear: Reworked how client processes player input to unify mouse/keyboard/touch control.

• :bug: Fixed cost of renaming spacecraft being conflated with cost of renaming color theme (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: Cost of renaming spacecraft is now 30 keys (was 75) (@VerMishelb @Horseradish :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Calculation for “Birthday Accomplishment” medal now correctly takes time zone into account.

• :gear: Reworked calculation for “Birthday Accomplishment” to make it more robust. Medals for multiple birthdays can now be (theoretically) awarded at once.

• :bulb: Cost of renaming Color Themes is now 1 key (was 15) (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Removed CHANNELVERSION build parameter.

• :gear: First Android version (experimental).

• :bug: “Marching On” wave: Fixed orientation of barriers in mirrored variation (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: “Server is experiencing heavy load” message is now shown after database queue exceeds 70 items (was 40).

• :gear: Removed Halloween content.

• :bug: Joypad text entry: Space, backtick, and tilde characters are now allowed (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Fixed text blurring in small buttons without icons (e.g. main menu’s “Legal” button)

• :gear: Instrumented network traffic to debug multiplayer crashes (between Windows and Android; related to Yolk-Star boss)

• :bug: E-mails with uppercase letters in their domain names are now accepted.

• :bulb: Android: OS “navigation bar” is now hidden (@DePeeper :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Configuration is now also saved when exiting Options screen (was previously only saved when entering main menu) (@Bandicoot :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Android: Now compiled for armeabi-v7a (32-bit) architecture (was arm64-v8a).

• :bulb: Touchscreen: Added “Finger offset” option. Due to this change, all menu Options will be lost. (@DePeeper @Harciog @Abyss :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Touchscreen: “Dragging sensitivity” is now a slider.

• :bulb: Keyboard controls: “Keyboard sensitivity” is now a slider.

• :gear: Reworked (again) how client processes touch input.

• :bug: Touchscreen: Fixed “network predictor” positioning (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: Touchscreen: Dragging is now also detected over the letterbox area (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: Android: Main menu is now not quittable (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Touchscreen: Dragging into an on-screen button now doesn’t stop spacecraft movement (and button is ignored) (@Piotrek1113 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Android: Native soft-keyboards (IMEs) are now used for text input.

24 Likes

hello

1 Like

hi + second

1 Like

You guys better suggest or report something instead of starting this place with just off topic greetings.

1 Like

The target position cursor isn’t vertically locked on Squawk Block missions again

Well, we had android version now
Can you update tutorial of “Your first mission” IA?

Which update the description how to play the game on Android

Apparently it still not hidden (for me)

1 Like

For who want to hide “navigation buttons” follow the steps…
step1 just Search “navigation buttons” in your device

step2 enable it
note:i am using a huawei device.

2 Likes

I closed the poll, we have a 2/3rds positive majority.

We should have a way to read past notifications if you accidentally clicked “Mark all as read” and forgot about it

Agree or disagree?
  • Yes
  • Naw

0 voters

There’s no image so that I decide whether to agree or not. Please re-upload.

I don’t think someone would accidentally click mark as read. Also clicking Mark as read doesn’t disallow you to read incoming messages unless you went away.

I found a bug (missing textures?)

Can we have a option in gameplay settings which is like: “Don’t deactivate weapon booster upon picking up firepower/gifts”?

There would be no reason for you to ever have that turned off.

@InterAction_studios This weird pixel thing bug in 9.

1 Like

I see nothing wrong in the image.

I don’t find that any useful at all.

Tell me you don’t play android version without telling me you don’t play android version:

Also it’s useful for races.

U know what? You can just spend 1 sec (approximately) to activate weapon booster right after picked up FP again. There’s no need to add an option like that.

Only your skill become useful in races (and other types of missions)