Early Access version 117.2

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: Do not use v.117.1, it has bugs. Download v.117.2 instead: ⬇ Download Early Access

Yet another unexpected update. The main addition are Pot Luck missions. These are daily challenge missions where everyone flies with the same spacecraft and equipment. For the next 3 days, daily challenges will be Pot Luck. Afterwards, Pot Luck appears with a 20% probability each day (another 20% for Weapons Training, and the remaining 60% for regular Daily Missions).

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

  • any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

  • :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

  • :bug: Fixed “Powerup Countdown insight” for multi-kill being drawn briefly when mission starts (benign; spacecraft is outside the screen at that time) (@EmeraldBirb :medal_sports: Bug)

  • :bug: “Mission Config” screen: Fixed placement of tutorial dashed box (@Starbrockle :medal_sports: Bug)

  • :gear: “Party Like It’s 2002” mode: Excluded Riddler bullet from filtering (@Bestagons :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Pointless enemies no longer drop golden coins (@Noname2008 :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Added full stops to end of descriptions of new music tracks (@Piotrek1113)

  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Charity for a player is now removed whenever that player leaves game (@Starbrockle @RuLinh @iIfireIi :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Pointless chicks no longer drop any food (@pro.vn :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Your First Mission” now uses CIU wave & boss music (@Pidgey :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Party Like It’s 2002” mode: Planet shading has an extra level of translucency (@Starbrockle @CattyCheese :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Missions” screen: Sorting by “duration” secondarily sorts by difficulty (if durations are equal), and vice versa (@ChickenGaming :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bug: “Missions” screen: Reworked “Recents” list to remove all duplicate missions (also fixes cases of missing dynamically-generated cup/league entries) (@MoonKnight @Kamisama :medal_sports: Bug)

  • :bulb: “Iron Chef” boss: Prevented boss from momentarily leaving the screen when moving (@ChickenGaming :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Look in All Directions” wave: Enemies can now spawn from the bottom of the screen at a sharper vertical angle (11.25o rather than 22.5o) (@RainbowBoyVN)

  • :bulb: “The Forge” wave: Now has 3 safe zones, slightly adjusted anomaly zones (@PlasmaX :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Zombie spacecraft hardpoints are now also displayed as grayscale (@PlasmaX :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Fleet” screen: Added preview when spacecraft is selected from list.

  • :bulb: Added real-time embossing to large and medium fonts.

  • :bulb: “To Infinity and Beyond” wave: Removed danger zone, and added mirrored variation (@OneWingLunarian @TheGoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Phoenix breed: Fireball is now orange/yellow to better distinguish it from chicken body (@ChickenGaming :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Chiller breed can now attack repeatedly (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Missions” screen: Squadron assignments now also appear in “Recents” tab.

  • :gear: “Party Like It’s 2002” mode: Added levels of translucency to “blurred circle” texture (@PlasmaX :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bug: “Asteroid Vortex”, “Trapped!”, “Shooting Range” waves: Prevented lightning from crossing center of screen in electric environments (@Baron :medal_sports: Bug)

  • :bulb: “Spiral of Doom”, “Shape Shifters/Whip into Shape”, “Let the Games Begin/Rematch”, “Bend/Kick it like Beckhen”, “Trapped!”, “Shooting Range”, “Reinforcements”, “Stacker”, “Slice of Chicken Pie”, “Under Pressure”, “Corridor Shooter”, “Tag, You’re it”, “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid”, “Chicken Roulette/Wheel of Fortune”, “Wormhole”, “Mobius Strip” waves: Prevented spawning of Phoenix breed (@OneWingLunarian @JenningsLA @Haian @ordinary_ryxt :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Max power!” bonus has been renamed to “XX Firepower!” (@GuestUniverse @GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” now works on most bosses (@ChickenGaming :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Squadrons” screen: Squadron owners can now select themselves in their own squadrons (@PRO :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Phoenix” breed head now has 50% less flame particles in low detail mode (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Exclusion zone” wave: Removed Anomaly zone markers (@RuLinh :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Cartwheels” wave: Removed Anomaly zone markers (@Baron :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: “Reinforcements”, “Hairpin Turn” wave: Prevented Slobs from spawning (@TheGoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :new: Added “Pot Luck” daily missions (replaces Daily mission with 20% probability) (@ChickenGaming :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures.

  • :bulb: Multiplayer browser: Can now sort ongoing games (@Starbrockle :medal_sports: Idea)

  • :bulb: Multiplayer browser: Improved layout of game list.

  • :gear: Uninstall icon is now set correctly (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)

  • :bulb: Safe/danger/anomaly zones now have interior filling (@Razorcif :medal_sports: Idea)

v.117.2 EMERGENCY PATCH

  • :bug: Fixed gifts not dropping from bosses (Egg Cannon, […] Cannonade, Yolk Star, Henterprise, Dr. Beaker) (@Arnav :medal_sports: Bug)

  • :bulb: “Hairpin Turn” wave: Prevented Phoenixes from spawning (@TheGoldenBoss128)

24 Likes

One QOL Change that I think could be implemented is a banner on the top left, where some info appears (Pecking Order, multi kill, etc.) that displays the music being played in that particular Stage during a mission. Given that 15+ soundtracks can play randomly in Invasion type Missions (as an example), one could get attached to one particular soundtrack/theme and want to buy it later down the line. I could see this taking off for new players who’ll inevitably enjoy the game’s variety of soundtracks. The soundtrack banner will disappear after a few seconds.

This can also apply to Boss missions and other missions if so desired. This banner would be an option in game settings or in the custom themes that can be switched off at will. If a player has one or more themes playing, as part of their loadout, no banner should appear, as the player would know what theme is playing at any given time.

The attached image shows a general idea of the concept.

6 Likes

Yay first ikea medal

1 Like

What?
image

Is that the icon for assignments because they now appear at Recent?

Also:

I don’t know how to explain it, but if there is a sample train like the quote, should we remove the “grid spacecraft” in this screen and when I select the Loadout button, it will appear?

3 Likes

it’s worse somehow

3 Likes

I’m fine with it.

2 Likes

if it’s too complicated, then no need to fix again

1 Like

@InterAction_studios My callsign in CIU is Thành Trung Mega

you can msg him not here

I think the large spaceship behind the ship being displayed should be removed - it feels redundant thats for sure.

1 Like

If they think of buying music though they’d probably listen to it right at the store,
and pick which ones to use there.

thats what i mean, sorry for having no idea to say that :frowning:

We should have something like this (new update notification/info)


2 Likes

apparently someone found after emergency patch
the chickens have bypassed the key appearing thing
and they don’t drop food


also is it just me or the yolk moves much faster?

2 Likes

still drop key

Oh yeah, when the next update hits,
Please notify all players currently playing 5 mins before the update starts so they can finish what they’re working on before leaving to prepare for the update.

It’s kinda annoying to be on the last level on a long series of levels … then server resets for an update.
This could reduce the problem by a lot.

1 Like

This is wrong. It should say:

9 Likes

Does single bosses need a health bar?

For the ones that never appears in Double Team - it’s unnecessary. But it’s fun to see though.
For the ones that do … yeah, it has to be there.
starts to regret my decision on leaving the poll in the Early Access thread instead of having its own idea