CIU version 128

Small bug I found: I disconnected my controller and connected the mouse while the game was loading and when I joined the server the galaxy started scrolling to the top right, I couldn’t stop it even by disconnecting the mouse.

This appears to be some sort of SpeedHack (so playtime is actually much longer). I also see another 2 players with seemingly similar stats. I won’t ban anyone yet – first I’ll wait until v.129 which catches any SpeedHack to be sure.

Fixed in v.129 :medal_sports: Idea

I don’t see how that’s even possible by just blindly overwriting a handful of values. Has anyone actually got this script to work?

In any case, the script is for v.127 and v.128 is a lot stricter.

Yes, if you disconnect ‘uncleanly’, there is a period of a few seconds where this can happen. Just wait and retry.

The game doesn’t support hot-plugging in controllers, so anything is possible.

8 Likes

I and @DePeeper tried to fly a multiplayer mission and we’ve noticed strange behaviour. You can fly the multiplayer mission again from the recent missions list, but you can’t do it from the mission outcome list (both after mission and from the “view outcome” button).

1 Like

This happened just very long time ago, not just now :confused:

Yet I don’t see people reporting it.

1 Like

I feel weird too, and I was involved in this. Here’s the full story:

Version 93

Version 94

Version 115

Eventually, this was added, making the above change in v94-95 pointless.

2 Likes

@OrvilleTheOrca Please don’t send me missions from comets, I hate it! :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Don’t post here not related to game feedback. Also, friendly dares don’t hurt at all and they may be required to do so as part of Quests.

2 Likes

No, I mean, I hate comet missions because they take up small space for me and I have nowhere to go, and because of that, I was hit by comets, so I hate comets.

Yes, a lot of people hate comets, but there is no penalty for ignoring it.

1 Like

This happened when I was leaving my computer for 30 minutes to complete a quest. I was away from the computer during most of this time so I don’t know when this starts happening, and my internet isn’t disconnected at any point (although I don’t know if there are any connection warnings shown during this time). The mission is this Space Race.

2 Likes

I would guess it became out of sync with the server :neutral_face:

Off-topic already :confused: and nothing can help you but training. Lost some lives is also a learning method, so just allow yourself. :grin:

Hmm, indeed. Fixed in v.129 :medal_sports: Bug

Fixed in v.129 :medal_sports: Bug

Correct, although rather ironically it was the code designed to prevent it from de-syncing that actually caused the de-sync :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

It is a shame that we can’t easily “share” missions like that now, but would it be possible to make it so that if a player plays through the entire multiplayer mission (no partials), then they can replay it solo? I think that’s a fair compromise.

Would there be an option to disable the edition like example,
I don’t like the Christmas edition, I would just go and hit disable so it will return to the original, just like the 2002 party mode when you want to turn off

That won’t help with the core issue: Several people complained that being able to replay multiplayer missions was an ‘exploit’ (because it allowed you to play missions outside of your tier, or locked behind environments).

Editions have different assets (and even different code), so it’s not easy to toggle between them. 2002 is a simple filter – it makes no other changes.

6 Likes

:warning:

v.129 UPDATE

ETA Wednesday 15 Feb 2023 08:00-10:00 GMT

11 Likes

yay a new update tomorrow :slight_smile:

will there be a replay video option just like osu?