CIU version 128

MAIN CHANGES

Anti-Cheat. There are hardly any player-facing changes in this update. Instead, ‘proper’ development has been suspended – I’ve instead spent the last two weeks improving the anti-cheating measures in the game. It was sadly not productive work, but it was (equally sadly) necessary in order to stop certain cheaters from ruining the competitive aspect of the game for everyone.

:warning: The anti-cheat system is now a lot stricter. You will be banned if you cheat. You will be banned if you use cheating tools (whether you actually cheat or not). You will be banned if you think about cheating. You will be banned if you allow yourself to consider thinking about cheating. You will be banned if your brother cheats, if your best friend cheats, if your cat cheats, if your next-door neighbour cheats, if your 3rd grade classmate who moved across the country and you lost touch and you’re now wondering where he is and how he’s doing cheats. (*)

The new policy (which recently came info force) is stated here: ⚠ Exploit & cheating policy .

* Some of these may not actually be true.

Soundtrack. The Chicken Invaders Soundtrack is almost ready. There is already a “coming soon” Steam page here: Chicken Invaders Soundtrack on Steam . It should be released on or shortly after February 16th.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bug: “Contact accepted” message now shows correct player name (i.e., the recipient’s name, instead of the initiator’s) (@neonep :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Credits screen: Fixed centering in right-to-left languages (@ans1382 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Quests: “Fly mission type” goals are now restricted by number of missions that actually exist (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Renamed “Picardy Bird” to “Picard-y Bird”

• :bulb: “Reset to default” now also resets spacecraft’s name (for consistency with how e.g. Color Themes behave) (@OrvilleTheOrca :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Fixed mouse pointer jittering as it ‘fills up’. (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Slowed spacecraft movement (i.e., hit by Chiller snowball) now continues to be applied across pause/unpause.

• :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures.

• :bulb: “Trash Compactor” wave: Removed Pecking Order bonus (@GoldenUndrowler).

• :gear: Credits: Lowered contribution threshold for being included in the “localization” section.

• :bug: Touchscreen: “Follow method: Point” in combination with “Firing mode: Two-finger” now works correctly (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Fixed server memory leak when entering planet orbits (bug introduced with Quests).

• :new: Added Valentine’s Day Easter Egg (@Baron :medal_sports: Idea)

v128.2 EMERGENCY PATCH (server-side only)

• :gear: Unified two ban phases into one.

• :gear: Better ban logging.

• :gear: Detection of certain kinds of cheats no longer results in a ban (temporary measure, will be reverted).

v128.3 EMERGENCY PATCH (server-side only)

• :gear: Fixed crash during handling of fraudulent Steam purchases.
24 Likes

1st time here

2nd time here

lmao what

2 Likes

I wonder why my cat can cheat huh? :thinking:

You get the hammer and you get the hammer and they get the hammer in fact your whole family gets one including your dog. Now don’t again

Did you know that meaning?

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn’t grow. You didn’t improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It’s sad that you don’t know the difference.

-Memequote

No, no, no, NO, NO, NO!

9 Likes

what the hell

Shouldn’t it be CotDS, instead of COTDS

1 Like

Meown’t

1 Like

prepare to be hit

I don’t know if I have a lag or a bug, but in one of my missions, food flew right through me and flew right through the walls.

Where is it anyway?

1 Like

It’s an easter egg, so you need to find it yourself.

Change your device’s date to February 14th or wait till it’s Valentine’s Day and you’ll see

I wonder if Klaus could throw heart-shaped potions on Valentine’s Day? :thinking:

no more easter egg ://

Funny enough after this update my uncle account “AndreI” got “banned”.

He never used any exploits or cheating, when he downloaded the version 128 this came up, sudden ban on e-mail account with no explanation whatsoever. Could be this some type of error or the anti-cheat system didnt like something on his laptop??