Change Color Picking in Paint Mode

I think that instead of using a selection of various color hues to color your spaceship how you like, it would be more efficient and intuitive to incorporate an RGB color wheel. While the current selection of colors offers you a lot of customization already, offering about 128 different color choices. However, fully incorporating a color wheel with all necessary features (highlights, etc), players will have access to a whole RGB spectrum of colors when painting their ship. 16777216 colors, to be exact.

This is the color picker as of now.

This is a badly made mockup image to convey my idea. In a more realized version, highlight and alpha would have sliders. You would also be able to see the hex of the color. You could also type in your own numbers and your own hex into the field instead of using the wheel.

2 Likes

Full color picker was already suggested: On the subject of spaceship customisation

This was also suggested few times. I even did it: Paintcode - share your spaceship look

1 Like

HMMMMMMM

3 Likes

I think i smell a wild EA here… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If you always keep telling me to ignore you, then why the frick won’t you do the same?

1 Like

let’s not start an argument now

I should, why you asking me?

Very nice Spore inspired image, EA. A Spore mod is actually what gave me the inspiration to try and suggest a color wheel (never knew anyone else already had that idea, sorry about that).

Local Kid Decides To Follow And Harass A Parody Account 2: Electric Boogaloo

2 Likes

You can head over to our closed topic, we had great time there until angry kid ruined it all for everyone.

S T A H P IT :pouting_cat:

Okay, i warned you and you didn’t listen to me! :angry:

angrykiddo invaders: get suspended again

2 Likes

Why should he listen user who broke all fun for forum + get suspended?

Can’t you both just stay silent for forever from now?

Only if that stupid EA stops insulting me! :angry:

And what are you doing

3 Likes

EA just insulted me!

And you keep writing “Stop” with “A”, “H”, “P”, you illiterate creature.

2 Likes

We gotta get SuperKiddo outta my thread. That man just barged in and ruined the discussion.

1 Like