Weapon Reskin Library V2.0

I was wondering too, and also some non edited preloads and textures

1 Like

EDIT: If you’re reading this after the event, what you’re about to read in the next few posts is an issue we ran into where I had to take the reskin library mod down to fix an oversight on my part. I eventually got things sorted out correctly, so there’s no need to be concerned about the link in the topic post infringing the policy. But I’ve preserved my parts of the conversation below for the record and for the sake of transparency.

Example:
Someone installs a skin that has custom, edited sfx - “Disco Fryer”, “Supercharged Bullets”, “Intense Focus”, etc.

They then decide to install another skin for that weapon that doesn’t have custom SFX, without first resetting to vanilla.

For the new weapon to not use the wrong SFX, it needs to replace the modded sounds with the default ones. So by putting the defaults with those weapons it will ensure that no reskins will get “half-installed”. :wink:

1 Like

Good point but I think this goes against this part (though it IS encrypted just for cases like these when new file somehow is the same as old one):

4 Likes

I can’t find that post from iA anywhere on the forum search, so I’m guessing it came from your DM’s? I wasn’t aware that it was a concern when I was developing the mods.

Additionally, it kind of reads like it applies to the mod tool itself rather than individual mods, although I might have that mistaken.

If there’s an issue with it, I’m happy for those “default” files to go - it just means that people will need to be more deliberate when installing the mods - but I certainly meant no harm setting up the files like this, and I’m not sure that it’s necessarily a problem under this context.

Well, we need @InterAction_studios’s point anyway.

And yes, this is from PM where I asked what can I show in mod tool, because WAD 4 happened.

4 Likes

Eventide
Prismatic Railgun (I made this with the help of GgWw)

8 Likes

Ok, that’s pretty epic. I like how it’s not just a recolour, but an actual boost to the vibrancy of the sprite. Does it look as good when it moves? (I ask because I found that my “Atomic Fusion” Boron skin looks far more green in-motion than it actually is when you freezeframe it)

Rainbows are easy so I kind of avoided giving them to every weapon (there’s already a fair few types of “multicolour” skins in the Library) but Boron definitely missed out - I tended to focus on stuff that took advantage of the colour progression, for wave 2.

Does it still look cool on low heat? Or does it just sort of go red?

5 Likes

looks like the colour of India’s flag…

8 Likes

Well, anything that doesn’t have any red in it becomes invisible, which results in a blob at each end of the bolt.

And since green fades in first, it looks like this before going full rainbow.

5 Likes

Without high heat, no. With high heat, yes. Trying something experimental to see if I can make the rainbow more visible.

Also: Another reskin I made, this time just by me. Ethereal Vulcan. Becomes more and more transparent as it’s heating up.

And here’s Chromoron. (Colouring by GgWw)

7 Likes

I love this conceptually, although it wouldn’t work as an official skin because it kind of puts you at a disadvantage. Still makes a cool mod though.

2 Likes

Kylo, Is there any chance of releasing the “RED Lightning”?

1 Like

I didn’t make it, so you will have to ask the creator of the image (there have been a few variants I’ve seen around the forum so I’m not sure which one is being referred to)

This one was the first:

1 Like

Ghost plasma

Atomic fusion

Bubble gun

Starfire

Rainbow Blitz

Corrupted Negatrons

Hornet Tailgun

Water fountain

close-up image

Iridescent Sheen

Retro Blaster

Golden Bolt

12 Likes

Did this get buried? I definitely want to make sure that I’m not sharing any files that I ought not to be.

1 Like

To be sure I would remove OG files from your mod files

I don’t really have the time to do a manual removal currently, but so that I feel better about it I think I’ll temporarily disable the download link until I hear from iA. :wink:

3 Likes

Some more:

9 Likes

Idk why i post this message few year ago

2 Likes