📊 Weapon data spreadsheet

:warning: Starting with v.73, the capability to override weapon values though an external Excel file has been removed.

17 Likes

@InterAction_studios

I made some changes to Vulcan, Utensil, and Corn. If you have the time, please have a look.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/560838017539899394/823084936813871124/Updated_Forks_Vulcan_and_Corn.xls

Vulcan has been made slightly stronger, since Boron really outperforms it on higher heat levels.
The change was made so that it’s on par with heated Boron. Also makes the “overheated” Vulcan slightly less of a pushover, since it will barely hit anything.
Has an increase in DPS and DUO. (Damage Until Overheat).

Utensil’s firerate was increased, and is now a constant value.
Felt that it was a bit too sluggish, and it doesn’t feel like what it used to be like, so I made it faster.
Has a slight increase in DPS and DUO.
EDIT: I nerfed the damage for the forks. Forgot to do so before. Oops.
Has a slight decrease in DPS and DUO.

Corn was made faster, but does less damage.
This is the counteract the probability of missing shots, and also to make it better against waves where enemies can escape.
Has a slight decrease in DPS and DUO.

If it’s possible, please implement those changes.
If you have any feedback for the changes, please let me know. Thanks.

15 Likes

What?
Why??
Nooo!!

1 Like

You’re like…12 days late

3 Likes

Was exploitable

1 Like

Changed in v.75 :medal_sports: Idea

Two thoughts:

1. I find it slightly worrying that you haven’t been able to test these values using an external Excel. Maybe it’s worth bringing that feature back.

2. I’ve made all suggested changes, except that I’ve left corn damage values as they were before. I felt it would otherwise be too much of a sideways move rather than a straight-up improvement. But let me know if it’s OP now.

9 Likes

Yes please. This makes it so I can let others see if the changes will be ok or not.

2 Likes

I assume it’s not possible to make it so that only certain users may use that functionality, to avoid exploitations

2 Likes

That’s sadly not possible.

5 Likes

:warning: Starting with v.75, the capability to override weapon values though an external Excel file has been temporarily reinstated.

The link to the Excel file has been updated in the original post.

8 Likes

How about Ion Blaster? Since they change the damage but nerf the OverheatTime make this weapon still unpopular and weak, I think they should buff the overheat time of this weapon to make this weapon back in the space !! ( sorry for my bad english )

Unpopular is true but weak is not anymore…maybe

It’s one of the more popular weapons, along with Lightning and Positron

1 Like

weak here is the Overheat time weak, so fast to be overheat if you don’t get a good coolant system

I’ll be honest - my recent criticism of Plasma was under the assumption that way more people are using it.

General question for “Pro” players (in other words, not me - the leaderboard-topping, Ironman-flying people, examples being @Francis, @OneWingLunarian, @SA-GoldenBoss128, @Sammarald, and others):
What weapons are you actually using competetively, and why?

3 Likes

For me I just collect every weapon gift & atom at Dailies+Weekly, use only Positron at Space Race, at Ironman I don’t use weak weapons like Corn, Boron Railgun because when I used those they kill less enemies+increase the chance of my dying, and I don’t play Anniversary.

2 Likes

Positron seems good thanks to auto-lock, high firerate and dps thanks to splits
Though during competitions i tend to pick up everything but absolver and corn sometimes

6 Likes

I sometimes use Bullet Spray Expander at Space Race too.

3 Likes

Plasma, Positron and Absolver are the best weapons in my opin-ion. Laser is good for bosses. On Weekly you’d better collect them all, including corn.

To win, duh :wink:

3 Likes

So generally, it’s more valuable to collect gifts for points than it is to rely on a specific weapon?

Because, as I said a far while ago, that’s actually more than what I was expecting when it comes to “balanced” weapons. That actually puts a lot of my concerns to rest regarding weapon choice, and balancing in general. I think it’s safe to say that Galbatorix, in the end, was pretty successful. :wink:

Also glad that Absolver is still divisively controversial and the bane of all things resembling consensus, just as it ought to be.