So, let's talk about the Plasma Rifle

¿

Well, I’m up for the idea of removing the AoE effect from Plasma Rifle, and giving it the old damage ramp-up with a higher fire rate. (Alternatively, IA could add a new weapon that focuses specifically on the AoE mechanic. Plasma was always meant to be a single target weapon.)

2 Likes

tbh i would’ve just make it overheat ur ship more. I dont think you rly can nerf it without making a noticeable change

About everything.

Waves in the game were not designed around Absolver as they were for the rest of the weapons, causing the extreme imbalance that one observed in mechanics added into gameplay that was never designed to account for it. I don’t think Absolver can ever really be changed to make it viable without changing the game itself, but even then it’s not a popular choice because of its playstle being radically different from the rest. There’s lot more about it that makes it unusable sometimes, but the very fact that wave design did not account for it makes it well… unfitting.

2 Likes

:eyes:

I wonder if this was just to see the results, or if we’ll be seeing a change sometime in the future…

By the way Kylo, with “Something Else” I actually meant that the AoE should be replaced with the damage ramping with Automatic fire, and Plasma’s base damage value should be increased

1 Like

It’s quite great, however I don’t think it’s overpowered. For single targets I see myself using the Boron Railgun more, and for large groups both the Positron Stream and Lightning Frier do a better job. The plasma is great all around and it does its purpose, which is to specifically be the best weapon. If anything I’d like to see the Laser Cannon, Corn Shotgun and Vulcan Chaingun buffed a tad more since they’re extremely annoying and bland to play with.

1 Like

^^

2 Likes

Unless you have specific proof of IA denying it, I don’t see the problem with that. Is it really not meant to be the most powerful? With that insane overheat, ridiculous single-hit damage and with the new AOE that melts large waves if held for sufficiently long, how is that not the case?

The point of WBP was to eliminate the concept of the strongest weapon (which at the time was Utensil, and Neutron, to sken extent). If you cared to read through the topics you’d find that the point was to make every weapon a viable strategy during play, and the concept of a “strongest weapon” would be counterintuitive to this goal. There shouldn’t be a strongest weapon, period.

1 Like

What if we left UP the king

“Honestly $5 for AoE on all weapons, fuck balance”

~GgWw1175

1 Like

“Can confirm, I was google translate”
-Medo

Hey, making Plasma’s AoE a $5 extra was your concept, I just improved it.

2 Likes

he was inspired by EA

1 Like

1 Like

Linking a discussion here because it’s relevant to this topic and if you’re reading through it in the future it’s probably handy to have it here - starts with Enhawks repost of the virtuosity stats, I reply not too far down.

I wonder if it changed.

2 Likes

Quick heads up: that info is a few months old, and may have changed hy now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.