Make the positions of the planets more consistent with the rules of physics (Idea #1)

As you can see, in this idea I will try to change the positions of the planets to better suit the reality we live in.
(NOTE: Please do the ideas below in order of decreasing temperature away from the sun but within the range I recommend)
1.Hyper-Inferno, Inferno, Sub-Inferno (400-4800K)
These two types of planets will always be closest to their suns, the temperature of Inferno can range from 400K-2273K (400K to 800K with Sub-Inferno). If the star system has Hyper-Inferno, they will be closer from the sun than Inferno, and has a temperature of 2273K-3000K.
2.Gas Giant near the sun (Hot-Jupiter) (400-4800K)
If there were more of these giants in the group near the sun, they would need much higher heat, between 400-4800K (their thick atmospheres will hold heat well).Environment: Hot (some may have electricity, especially Gas Giant).
Moon: may or may not, if so, they will carry a Hot environment like the planet it revolves around
3.Barren rock, alien world and terran planet (150-400K)
These planets are located in the habitable zone with temperatures from 150K-400K, in order of increasing distance are barren rock, alien world and terran planet. The temperature gradually decreases to 150K the further away from the sun.
Environment: Electric (appears in some)
Moon: May appear in some.
4.Gas giant in the habitable zone (150-400K)
Environment: Lightning (appears in some)
Moon: Yes (some may have life)
5.Sub-frozen and frozen (60-150K)
Because they are so far from the sun, these planets have very low temperatures, only 60-150K. Frost appears, the temperature decreases as you get further from the sun
Environment: Frost (gas giant can have lightning)
Moon: Possibly, if present, they will bring icy environment.
I hope @InterAction_studios will take a look and leave a comment to help make the game a bit more physically plausible.Thanks for watching

21 Likes

So, i must say, this idea will once again force iA to recaculate the physic and of course, make the map way bigger. But this is a nice idea so why not ? :smiley:
Bonus: Electric environment can be appeared when gas giants rotates around itself too fast, causing air friction and boom, lightning everywhere.

9 Likes

they’d look real good

6 Likes

if we’re going the realistic route then the planets will be specks compared to the stars

sometimes suspension of disbelief is just necessary

4 Likes

And i also haven’t reminded to the special place like Aftermarket, heroware,… They aren’t evenly distributed

2 Likes

I like that gas giants near the sun you named it Hot Jupiter.

5 Likes

Ya. And i thought that those gas giants should have a desgin being suitable for its temperature, postion…

1 Like

I had a look at your idea and, although it’s well thought-out, I won’t make any changes to the galaxy. I have indeed made some recent changes to make the numbers appear more physically plausible, but what you are proposing is a restructuring of the galaxy. Some objections I have with this:

• The game already does some basic temperature calculations based on distance (so planets farther out are indeed colder on average)
  • For gameplay reasons, I need a certain percentage of planets of each type to be present probabilistically (e.g. 10% of planets need to be frozen), because that affects environments, which affects mission types. Your proposal would make it impossible for a small star system to contain a frozen planet, which would heavily skew these probabilities.
  • In reality, temperature also heavily correlates with atmosphere and not just distance.
  • Practically, changes to the galactic structure are hard to make and might lead to another galaxy reset.
  • There’s a limit to how “physically plausible” the galaxy needs to be. CIU is at heart an arcade shooter, not a space simulator.
13 Likes

That would be kinda cool though

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.