Another multiplayer-focused update. Only two more major bugs remain to track down, and this update goes a long way towards narrowing down when and why they occur.
You can read more about multiplayer here: 🚀 Multiplayer
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Multiplayer: Zombie players can now respawn even in-between waves (@iIfireIi @VerMishelb Bug)
- “Customize” screen: Fixed Strobe Placement text.
- UI confirmation screens: Increased brightness of green “emphasis” color to enhance readability (@JutjuBerzy Idea)
- Fixed spacecraft speech bubbles persisting after player has disconnected (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Space Race: Fixed top-10 message display incorrectly including disqualified missions (ranking is correct because it excludes them) (@ArtemNikolaev211085 Bug)
- Multiplayer: Fixed other players’ Ghost Trails not being visible until their owner dies when joining a multiplayer game half-way through.
- Galaxy “hamburger” menu: Added option to hide other players’ hardpoints during multiplayer.
- Galaxy “hamburger” menu: Added option to darken other players’ spacecraft during multiplayer. (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Galaxy “hamburger” menu: Added option to hide speech bubbles (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Multiplayer: Weapon sounds (from kicked player) no longer continue to play when returning from the pause menu after kicking out said player (@hieudang Bug)
- Multiplayer: Pressing chat key while holding down ESC now cancels the ESC countdown (@iIfireIi Bug)
- Multiplayer browser: Fixed not receiving WAN addresses after exiting/re-entering browser when “Force UDP port” is used.
- Multiplayer: Fixed “Client timed out trying to connect” errors when joining games when “Force UDP port” is used.
- Multiplayer: Darkness now expands only for local player’s weapons/damage. Special weapons, player deaths, and lightning still affect everyone (@iIfireIi Bug)
- Galactic Cup: Updated tutorial to reflect new scoring method and number of recruits accepted into knockout rounds (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Fixed server kicking out players with bombers fully-loaded with Strobe Lights (@Peka_za_Dragon Bug)
- Fixed cases where inbox messages would be displayed in the wrong language (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Crash reports are now uploaded at a lower network priority.
- Multiplayer: Fixed host’s “unoriginality penalty” being incorrectly applied to all guests (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Improved instrumentation to debug multiplayer crashes.
- Galactic Cup: The number of players who advance to knockout from each group is now capped at 4 (@LordHerobrine Idea)
- Multiplayer games. “Connected to” IP is now hidden (only port is shown) (@trueuser Idea)
- In-mission “Skip” button now takes precedence over “Cancel” button (@Nightcap Bug)
- Uses BASS v126.96.36.199
- Fixed “points” capitalization (@MoonKnight )