Early Access version 63.2

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: v63.1 has a bug where the game will crash if you search for members to add to your squadrons. Use v.63.2 instead.

This started off as a small maintenance update, but evolved into quite a substantial update. The most prominent change is the addition of Balloon chickens, which can appear randomly as part of the “elite” enemy tier. There are also numerous bug and quality-of-life fixes, check out the changelog below.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
  • :bug: Galaxy screen: Fixed galactic coordinates not being colored correctly according to theme.
  • :bug: Gifting screen: CHL badge was incorrectly shown next to all contacts (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Contacts screen: CHL badge is now larger (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Out of nowhere” wave: Split into 4 separate anomaly zones to match “Corridor Shooter” (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Removed more unused debugging/testing code from release build.
  • :bulb: Squadrons screen: CHL badges are now shown next to member callsigns (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Fixed cases of duplicate suggestions when attempting to detect e-mail misspellings.
  • :bug: Compare screen (and elsewhere): CHL badge is now shown even if callsign is empty (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Purchase tokens now expire after 1 hour.
  • :bulb: Space Race: Daily “progress so far” messages are now sent. (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Profile screen: Added “Missions won” under “Galaxy Exploration” (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed overdrive symbol initially being visible for the first frame of a mission (@SOLAR :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Spacecraft loadout screen: Removed ellipsis from description (text is now squeezed to fit) (@who?)
  • :bulb: Inbox: Challenge expiration times are now shown. Added warnings for “already expired” and “expires in less than 1 hour”. (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Ironman: Base key/score multiplier is now 300% (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Prevented server crash when player disconnects mid-login (not a proper fix, more of a band-aid).
  • :bulb: Gifting now requires at least tier 10.
  • :gear: Changed .exe icon.
  • :new: In-mission HUD now shows remaining Coolant Canisters / Poultry Payback / Speedy Recovery (@SA-GoldenBoss128 @ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Exhaust particles now skip visibility calculations (better performance).
  • :bug: Removed tier requirement from challenges (@Star_Light -> rodabeh :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Comparison screen: Now shows “all-time best” ranking (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Top-10 mission scores older than 6 months have been cleared (@KaizoKaioticVN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed weekly maintenance occurring on Thursday instead of Monday (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: All-Time Best screen: Fixed empty list being scrollable when browsing from page to page (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: CHL badge is now also shown in Contact search results (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Spacecraft Painting screen: Added warning about inappropriate spacecraft names.
  • :new: Added “Balloon” chicken breed.
  • :bulb: In-mission: Satellite docks are now colored to match shield color (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)

v.63.2 EMERGENCY PATCH:

• :bug: Rankings screen: Fixed chart placement (was half off-screen) (@Pidgey :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed HUD icon spacing (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed render-before-tick HUD bug (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Squadrons screen: Fixed crash when receiving results after searching for members to add (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

21 Likes

This egg looks pretty smooth for some reason. Why is the ship Black now though?

9 Likes

so look the new member!!!

14 Likes

Can someone take a picture of this

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t. I still downloading the latest version.

1 Like

Noice…

4 Likes

Uh.

Can’t see anything

6 Likes

Now it is expanded

1 Like

:pain:

7 Likes

I actually prefer the new black color scheme, but the egg looks like some kind of slimy space monster to me instead of being an actual eggsplats. Also there’s gonna be a lotta people who’ll mock the game logo for contradicting the in-game logic, where eggs will insta-kill any ship, and even if future ships did exist that could withstand eggsplats, it likely won’t be a muller, so unless this is a hint of mullers being able to tank eggsplats, I’d remove it.

Maybe its a 1 second before disaster kinda thing l :smile:

Jesus Christ they got squeezed too much
Screenshot (872)

7 Likes

same lol

Compare screen I mean

I like the new breed.
They are the perfect counterpart for cowards.

While the gimmick is different (Cowards shoot at you when hit while Baloon slowly descend to the bottom of the screen with a speed based on how many bloons you popped) their role is the same: forcing the player to not spamming attacks.

Obliviously cowards will still be seen as the hardest enemy in the game (Nothing changed about them) but the fact that they will be rarer will reduce their impact a little.

How often do you see assassins? Not a lot and but when you see one you “scream out of fear”.
This may become coward case too (even tought I still met more cowards and baloons than assassins today)

Everyone, before complaining, please wait some time and see how the change goes.
This is not an immediate fix but a long term one.

As facts are said I must say that due to how thw new breed works, Baloons may be seen as truly problematic in enclosed waves… let’s see if that reveals to be true.

(Also let’s apprecate IA for completely reworking a frequently begged enemy just to fit a needed role and shut up people)

3 Likes

about the mission won so we have an good detail in the universe there’s 19482 missions :dizzy_face: I like this detail but I would like to see evan more …like the numbers of each mission type
and somethink about mission environment… on massive planets Fighters move slower you’ll need the maneuvering jets max 10!! …how about making 5 max on fighters just to make a difference! …and I think that it will be fair …on bombers you have 2 pilons max 10 is good I think because you have already an advantage!!

1 Like

Only care about the main one “Now shows “all-time best” ranking”

Ok, I will, but I meant a timer while flying the mission.

But that’s not what I’m talking bout. I’m saying I can’t fly a 22 day ago mission while I can fly a 27 day ago mission because the 22 day mission doesn’t appear at Recent section. Is it a bug or not?

Did anyone understand now? Or imma have to make a video bout it?

1 Like

Okay, so here are some things I’ve found with the Balloon chickens. Please DO NOT CLICK THE BLURRED TEXT UNLESS YOU’RE ABSOLUTELY 100% SURE OF SPOILING THE NEW BREED.

So, here’s what I’ve found so far, take this as an early impressions, since we haven’t had much time on these new breeds.

Here’s Palpitating Grid, a notoriously difficult wave. While the one I got was fairly tame compared the the monstrosities out there, it does have a few balloon chickens in there:

This did whittle me down to one life, cause I’m a duma** and I used Riddler which has a lot of recoil.

But most of the deaths occurred due to Chickenauts, or UFO chicken eggs, or Metal suit chickens. The juicy bit: The Balloon Chickens drop downwards ONLY, this meant that as long as I wasn’t facing straight up, these guys weren’t a threat. This is pretty similar to cowards, where spam-fire is not advisable. As of the moment however, their threat is basically none unless the player faces upwards.
As for difficulty, It’s a 60%-96% difficulty mission on wave 34 on SSH.

5 Likes

balloon chickens are the next level in defying logic

I literally cannot do anything to balance while keep the physics clean