v63.1 has a bug where the game will crash if you search for members to add to your squadrons. Use v.63.2 instead.
This started off as a small maintenance update, but evolved into quite a substantial update. The most prominent change is the addition of Balloon chickens, which can appear randomly as part of the “elite” enemy tier. There are also numerous bug and quality-of-life fixes, check out the changelog below.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
- Galaxy screen: Fixed galactic coordinates not being colored correctly according to theme.
- Gifting screen: CHL badge was incorrectly shown next to all contacts (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Contacts screen: CHL badge is now larger (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Out of nowhere” wave: Split into 4 separate anomaly zones to match “Corridor Shooter” (@VerMishelb Idea)
- Removed more unused debugging/testing code from release build.
- Squadrons screen: CHL badges are now shown next to member callsigns (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Fixed cases of duplicate suggestions when attempting to detect e-mail misspellings.
- Compare screen (and elsewhere): CHL badge is now shown even if callsign is empty (@blue_ocean Bug)
- Purchase tokens now expire after 1 hour.
- Space Race: Daily “progress so far” messages are now sent. (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Profile screen: Added “Missions won” under “Galaxy Exploration” (@gabytzu Idea)
- Fixed overdrive symbol initially being visible for the first frame of a mission (@SOLAR Bug)
- Spacecraft loadout screen: Removed ellipsis from description (text is now squeezed to fit) (@who?)
- Inbox: Challenge expiration times are now shown. Added warnings for “already expired” and “expires in less than 1 hour”. (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
Ironman: Base key/
scoremultiplier is now 300% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Prevented server crash when player disconnects mid-login (not a proper fix, more of a band-aid).
- Gifting now requires at least tier 10.
- Changed .exe icon.
- In-mission HUD now shows remaining Coolant Canisters / Poultry Payback / Speedy Recovery (@GoldenBoss128 @RamonTokus Idea)
- Exhaust particles now skip visibility calculations (better performance).
- Removed tier requirement from challenges (@blue_ocean -> rodabeh Bug)
- Comparison screen: Now shows “all-time best” ranking (@blue_ocean Idea)
- Top-10 mission scores older than 6 months have been cleared (@KaizoKaioticVN Idea)
- Fixed weekly maintenance occurring on Thursday instead of Monday (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- All-Time Best screen: Fixed empty list being scrollable when browsing from page to page (@RainbowBoyVN Bug)
- CHL badge is now also shown in Contact search results (@blue_ocean Bug)
- Spacecraft Painting screen: Added warning about inappropriate spacecraft names.
- Added “Balloon” chicken breed.
- In-mission: Satellite docks are now colored to match shield color (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
v.63.2 EMERGENCY PATCH:
- Rankings screen: Fixed chart placement (was half off-screen) (@Pidgey Bug)
- Fixed HUD icon spacing (@RamonTokus Bug)
- Fixed render-before-tick HUD bug (@RamonTokus Bug)
- Squadrons screen: Fixed crash when receiving results after searching for members to add (@blue_ocean Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.