Early Access version 62

MAIN CHANGES

A seeminly small update but with a lot of far-reaching back-end changes, so fingers crossed that everything will work correctly. It has a couple of nice new social/competitive features, too: you can now see the top-10 list for every mission and an “All-time Best” button has been added to “Hall of Fame”. This list (like daily top-100 lists) isn’t real-time, but rather only gets updated each midnight GMT.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • [backported to v61.2 patch] :bug: Fixed bleeding of mission icons (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Reduced Shady Dealer discount to 45% and reduced regional sell price to 55% to prevent “selling prices higher than buying prices” exploit (change applied server-side to v.61.1).
  • :gear: Shady Dealers: Reduced effective probability of items on (uncommon/rare/legendary probabilities were previously compounded, now they’re mutually exclusive).
  • :gear: Shady Dealers no longer stock very cheap items (full price per unit < 6 keys).
  • [backported to v61.2 patch] :bug: Fixed DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL crash when monitor goes to sleep during exclusive full-screen mode (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • [backported to v61.2 patch] :gear: Reverted to DXGI 1.0 (was DXGI 1.2, but caused several E_NOINTERFACE errors, even with the Windows 7 Platform Update installed?)
  • :bug: “Top-10” message for Weapons Training is now titled as such (it previously reused the “daily mission” title) (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Chick Gatling Gun” wave: Renamed to “Chick Heavy Artillery” (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Chickenaut Quartet” wave: Renamed to “Elite Quartet” (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed wrong trophy being awarded for Hybrid and Ironman missions (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added top-10 leaderboards for all planet missions in galaxy (@Karizaki :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed Ironman message expiring after 7 days instead of 11.
  • :gear: Refactored server-side maintenance clauses (:crossed_fingers:)
  • :gear: Medals can now be revoked.
  • :gear: Gifting a Chicken Invaders License: Completed (but not awarded yet) purchases are also checked in order to determine if recipient already owns a license (reduces instances of double-purchasing).
  • :gear: CHL badge now also appears in Contact list and gift recipient list. (@Stardrone :medal: Idea)
  • :new: Added “All-time Best” rankings (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added “Unmount all” button to spacecraft loadout screen (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Reworked Cowards: Now retaliate immediately upon being damaged (even by one-hit-kill weapons), never retaliate while they’re in evade mode (3 seconds) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Ironman competition: Now (randomly) can be either hot or frozen environment, projectile speed boost reduced to +80% (from +100%), repeats every 7 days (was 11), Double Team boss fights zoomed out 20% (was 12.5%).
  • :bulb: Weekly Challenge & Ironman Competition: Daily “progress so far” messages are now sent.
  • :gear: Messages: Removed redundant “key” word wherever key icon is also present.
  • :new: Added galactic coordinates to all suns/planets and their missions. Coordinates range from (0,0) at bottom-left to (999,999) at top-right. (@1uws :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Galaxy screen: Added current galactic coordinates to bottom-left corner.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

25 Likes

Well I was going to fly Ironman again before it leaves. But now… there’s no way I’ll e beating scores that were set prior to this, I imagine.

Maybe you still can though, because at least now that challenge’s gonna allow you to use a non-plasma weapon too

1 Like

in the all time best you should be able to sort by score,time,missions and waves

8 Likes

i wanted to know that 5 months ago (my score rank)

New global leaderboards are great. I’m not sure if score alone is the best indicator of skill so much as playtime (some math with score and flight time/waves could probably give more interesting stuff) but it’s still really cool to see every player in the “universe” ranked. I’m a fan.

(Not posting mine though, it’s embarrassingly low. :joy:)

What’s this? I didn’t see one in my inbox yet.

This is a measure of progress in the game, not skill. For skill, I prefer “score per hour” (that’s why it’s an option when you’re comparing two recruits).

First ones will be sent midnight GMT tonight. Either that, or the server will crash. Time will tell which.

2 Likes

When I open the gift recipient, it adds a CHL badge to everyone even the ones that doesn’t have CHL:

For example 2sN has it while Kaizo doesn’t:

Is that intended or a bug?

And could the CHL badge be a little bigger? Because there’s a little space between it and the logo.

Also could CHL badge appear at squadrons? For example:

Could it not affect Hardpoints slots?

really great iA… the top scores on the mission are incentives to see if we can beat the top score…There should be a reward if one does beat the top score to become the TOP GUN of the mission…100 keys would be nice and wouldn’t break the bank !
also like top all time list , great stat to try to get to next level…
Thanks for this great update…
Shadylarry

Why I don’t see @MoonKnight CHL?

1 Like

About missions and challenges, I think it would be better if you can see how much your score currently is so you can compare it to the leaderboard.

Aren’t they included in “all”?

I have a question about how anomaly zones are determined because this wave has one zone and 4 anomalies while some other wave (corridor shooter?) has 4 zones for each anomaly with the same layout. Would be better if all waves show the same, either one zone or 4.

4 Likes

Fixed in v.63 :medal_sports: Bug

I didn’t want it to take up too much space (so more space is available for the text), but now that I look at it again, it can probably be larger. Changed in

v.63 :medal_sports: Idea

Better not. Badges are associated with users, not squadrons. It would also be visually cluttering/redundant if you have many squadrons (some users have 10+ squadrons).

Don’t really want to confuse things. How would you label such a button? “Unmount all except hardpoints”? Ugh.

If you find that you’re constantly mounting/unmounting between spacecraft, buy more equipment :wink:

Probably because they bought their license while you were connected. The contacts list CHL status doesn’t get continuously updated in real-time, only when you log in. Workaround: Reconnect.

I’ve made them both 4 (merging was not possible because there’s also a safe zone in Corridor Shooter that would overlap the anomaly text).

Changed in v.63 :medal_sports: Idea

Incidentally, the zone warnings are just a visual effect that I place manually. They are not affected by the actual location/size of the anomalies themselves.

8 Likes

You mean “Added”, right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Added in v.?? :medal_sports: Bug when?
:stuck_out_tongue:

I actually meant the CHL badge to appear next to your callsign if you are a member on a squadron, not the actual squadron name.

Yes, you got a point, but for those who have all hardpoints for their spacecrafts and only one legendary heat sink/engine/reactor including me wouldn’t click the button because they would take a bigger time to add the hardpoints again in the spacecraft. That kinda defeats its purpose, so we need a middle solution for this.

I’ll make a poll:

Should “Unmount All” button not affect hardpoints slots:
  • Yes.
  • No.
0 voters

As I said above it would take me yes time to buy another most expensive & legendary items, so I don’t wanna risk it.

Isn’t that the point of the game? Improve your arsenal if you want to have more spacecrafts. You can buy a car and another car without engine but you won’t switch engine from one car to another on order to drive it, will you?
This is also one of few ways to make people actually play the game right now.

1 Like

Ah, right. Added to v.63 :medal_sports: Idea

5 Likes

Also could the gift recipient not show the players who got CHL?

Already suggested at the beginning of v61: to show icon near those who has license.

1 Like