Mainly weapon tweaks, bug fixes and quality-of-life changes.
Weapon data can be now overridden. See 📊 Weapon data spreadsheet for more.
In other news, yesterday UHF recruits exceeded 1,000,000 flown missions in total. The recruit to precisely fly mission number 1,000,000 wins… absolutely nothing.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Absolver Beam: Firing interval reduced to 0.200 (was 0.125) (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- Positron Stream: Applied overlooked damage values (from v.50) Damage progression: 200 280 360 440 520 600 680 760 840 920 1000 1240 (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Boron Railgun: Impact flares are now colored the same as muzzle (source) flares (@thisisamericanuser Bug)
- Fixed typo in Mass Condenser description.
- In-mission pause menu: Screenshot mode is no longer cancelled by any key press (just mouse clicks and primary fire) (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Competitive missions: “Safe” end session now lasts up until first damage (was previously until first kill).
“Vending Machine” wave: Barriers are now indestructible. Cowards are prevented from spawning. (@Kylo-Hen
- Fixed disconnections from server when enemies are killed after last life is lost (@VerMishelb Bug)
- (v.50 fix was incomplete) Inbox now correctly selects an initial category to display, even if there are no unread messages (@thisisamericanuser Bug)
- Hall of Fame: Top Squadrons: Fixed apparently duplicate data (actually, partial day data) for day on which server started up (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Weapon data can now be overridden by an external Excel file.
- Enemy drops RNG is now repeatable even if player fires during wave introduction.
- Re-enabled key dropping from “pointless” enemies during competitive missions (unsure as to why it was disabled in the first place).
- 120th Anniversary mission is now competitive (up to 4 dis/reconnections allowed), but without repeatable RNG (@BoggY Idea)
- Skills are now disallowed in competitive missions (@gabytzu Idea)
- Non-competitive missions no longer have repeatable RNG.
- 120th Anniversary mission leaderboards have been reset.
- Mission Config screen: The same music can now be mounted in wave & boss music slots (@TheChickenBoss128 Idea)
- Darkness missions: Make starfield 10% darker.
- Darkness missions now have their own music (@BoggY Idea)
- Corn Shotgun: Smoke puff is now white when firing popcorn (@CrashBandicoot Bug)
- Increased vertical beam limit by 10% to minimize cases where the endpoint becomes visible during screen shakes (@thisisamericanuser Bug)
- Multi-kill bonus: Now awards 250 points for each of the first 10 enemies, then 275 for the next 10, then 300 for the next 10, etc. (@Fractorial Bug)
- Bombers: Fractional power levels are now disabled (limitation of loading data from Excel).
- Utensil/Laser/Neutron overdrive is now 50% (was 100%) (@harakat Idea)
- Fixed “More Chicks ‘n’ Chickens” wave title never appearing (@Francis Bug)
- Renamed “More Chicks ‘n’ Chickens” to “Chickens ‘n’ Chicks”.
- Renamed weapon classes to match in-game names (Utensil, Vulcan, Boron, Positron, Riddler)
- Plasma Rifle: Area-of-effect outermost damage is now 20% of innermost damage (was 0%) (@Francis Idea)
- Plasma Rifle: Area-of-effect innermost damage reduced to 40% of main beam (was 50%)
- Paint screen: “Texture” is now listed before “paint” and “density” for a given customization.
- Added “cockpit trim” customization option (@thisisamericanuser Idea)
- Added “screenshot” button on galaxy menu (@Fractorial Idea)
- Fixed bug: “Big Chicken”/“It Gets Cold in Space”/“Iron Chef”/“Space Crab”/“Henperor”/“Twice Infinity”/“Special Forces”/“Party time”/“Superchick” boss won’t drop anything if centerpoint is outside screen.
- “The Weakest Link/The Strongest Link” wave: barriers are now indestructible (@lbekeneb88 Idea)
- “The Weakest Link/The Strongest Link” wave: barriers are now denser so spacecraft can’t fit between them.
- “Do Not Cross”/“Lethal Connections” waves: barriers are now indestructible (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- Spawned/collected stats are now held separately for gifts and atoms (previous “powerups” stats are now lost).
- Enemy repelled-by-damage force reduced to 250 units (was 300) (@thisisamericanuser Idea)
- Collected food point value is now 3x (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Gift point value is now 2x.
- All barrier point values reduced by 50% (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Planetary Egg City: Beam warning time increased to 1.5s (from 1s) at 0% difficulty, minimum is now 0.5s (was 0.4s). Hitbox reduced by 35% (@BoredCelestial Idea)
- Corn Shotgun: Popcorn impact sparks are now white (@thisisamericanuser Bug)
- Overdrive is now engaged with a double-click (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- In-game pause menu: ESC now just leaves screenshot mode instead of closing entire menu (@Fractorial Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.