Early Access version 49

Fixed in v.50 (probably) :medal_sports: Bug

9 Likes

What about this?

I think it would make the weapon more suitable for casual players too.

4 Likes

@InterAction_studios

how

1 Like

I’m thinking about it. Obviously the damage would need to be reduced, but I’m not sure yet how to best go about modifying the firerate. Will look at it later.

Well, the increased number of comets makes it possible that there’s no way out, especially if you don’t move fast enough (for example, in your screenshot, there might have been space to move right, but it’s too late now).

I’m ambivalent about fixing this by always ensuring that there’s a valid path (difficult), or just assuming that at that difficulty level you should really be expected to have some special weapons (or other remediating measures) handy.

12 Likes

I’d say keep comet chase the way it is. It’s just recommended to use Vulcan Chaingun, considering it’s the only weapon capable of shooting behind itself. Plus, ICBMs can also help save you if you get trapped.

Besides, making it so that comet chase always has a valid path would make it really boring, as it means you could just sit there and not even use your weapons even once.
I think it’s better to have the players keep on their toes, rather than be too relaxed on a HIGH difficulty.

7 Likes

This.

I didn’t know it could do that. Cool!
I wrote up a deſign for another weapon that could do that at higher firepowers (which admittedly in current comet chaſes is of limited uſe), but it haſn’t been a raging ſucceſs ſo far.

Good point.

3 Likes

Try shooting it while at near overheat. You’ll notice that the bullets are able to shoot behind the ship. Using an expander can make it do that even more effectively.

4 Likes

eggulars could work

nvm just shoot that comet

1 Like

Protip: you can win by not dying

also use vulcan on comet chase please

1 Like

Tip: Shoot that comet

2 Likes

Sell your food

2 Likes

me VS nearest space burger

3 Likes

Do some assignments

1 Like

Explore some planets

2 Likes

no pls

1 Like

Go ahead bruh and don’t be afraid

2 Likes

Oh, oops. I read “vulcan chaingun” and thought of plaſmer. I was aware of vulcan.

1 Like

Actually, due to other demanding matters, development will proceed very slowly over the coming week. Then v.50 will come out, followed by perhaps another 2-3 more versions, before an extended slow-down period during August.

24 Likes

Is it possible to make it take you to the sun or whatever planet you’re clicking on instead of just saying “Travel to star system” when you’re already in it, or at least fix that text:

5 Likes

Random idea: Drumsticks that form an Asteroid shape, which can randomly appear as a wave in Meteor Storms or part of an asteroid wave in chicken invasions.

Drops about 3-7 drumsticks upon destruction.

As for how to model this… Just slap like 10 drumsticks into a asteroid shape

3 Likes