Too many to list (or remember): Plasma Rifle rework, more quips, and you can now customize hardpoints. Buy a hardpoint, mount it on one of your spacecraft, then use the new “Customize” icon (it’s in the Profile/“pilot helmet” menu) to, well, customize it.
About the new “Ghost Trail” hardpoint: Depending on your DirectX 9.0 emulation, you might find that it slows your framerate down significantly. If this is the case, let me know. As a workaround, reduce the trail’s length and/or density.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any menu options you have configured
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” wave: Cowards are now prevented from spawning on difficulties <75% (@gabytzu Idea)
- “Wormhole” wave: Cowards are now prevented from spawning on difficulties <75% (@Akemisora Idea)
- “Shoot the Core” boss: Firing burst length now depends on difficulty (5-15)
- Fixed Riddler muzzle rendering bug (@GgWw1175 @HaiAn2007 Bug)
- Added disabled hint to “Mark all read” button (@BlueGamingVN Idea)
- Inbox screen: Selected/viewed message now gets cleared when switching between categories (@BlueGamingVN Bug)
- “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” wave: Bandana chicks are now prevented from spawning on difficulties <75%.
- “Wormhole” wave: Bandana chicks are now prevented from spawning on difficulties <75%.
- Bomber pylon ‘average’ power levels can now be fractional (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Fixed excessive scaling of egg splats for large eggs (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Prevented multiple simultaneous quips (@thisistrueuser Bug)
“Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” and “Wormhole” waves: Assassin chicks are now
prevented from spawning (@gabytzu Idea)
- “Chicken Roulette/Wheel of Fortune” wave: Assassin chicks are now prevented from spawning.
- Fixed appearance of “halfway there” quips.
- “Shoot the Core” boss: Barrier drop rate reduced to 25% (from 50%) (@Francis Idea)
- Re-phrased misleading “squadron full” message (@BoredCelestial Idea)
- Re-phrased misleading “heat sink” hint (@BoggY Idea)
- Re-phrased “Price Insight” hint (@BoggY Idea)
- Re-phrased “Extra slot” hint (@BoredCelestial Idea)
- Added skill effects (“damage +X%”, etc.) in skill descriptions (@IceIris Idea)
- “Meteor Storm” missions: Meteors now have a chance to come from the bottom of the screen (starting at 80% difficulty) (@Francis Idea)
- Changed gift colors: Plasma is now magenta/pink, Positron is now violet.
- Reworked “Plasma Rifle” weapon (part II). Now damage ramps up (+50%) the longer lock-on is maintained. Slight damage nerf, longer time-to-overheat, restored original manual firing rate. (@BoggY Idea)
- Added support for per-weapon individual heat savings for manual firing.
- Inbox now automatically switches to the tab of the “most recent unread” message (@TheChickenBoss128 Idea)
- Added “Pecking Order” bonus to “Be Quick or Be Dead” wave (@Francis Idea)
- “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon” boss: Shotgun eggs no longer splat against floor (@Edd Bug)
- Fixed start/stop flare scaling for beam weapons when camera is zoomed out (@00ga Bug)
“Dimensional phase-out” duration stacks if a new one is activated before the old one expires (@TheChickenBoss128
- Galaxy screen: Prevented multiple simultaneous keypresses from being handled together (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Fixed Henperor helmet rendering glitch (@Tailsko_COTDS Bug)
- Assassin & Berserk chick sound pitch is now randomized (@AliWael Bug)
- “Alien Mothership” boss: Fixed client long-term drift and eventual desync (@minasam123 Bug)
- Supernova missions: Satellite now appears exactly in the middle wave (@TheChickenBoss128 Bug)
- Added support for customizable equipment (only used for hardpoints at the moment).
- “Laser scope” and “Strobe lights” equipment is now customizable.
- ESC now closes Galaxy Information Overlay (@minasam123 Bug)
- Fixed server crash caused by incorrect SQL parentheses when 2 or more AA holes are detected.
- Added more quips (@SpryterTerraxian @youraveragegrant @1galbatorix1 @PirBip Idea)
- “Egg cannon cannon cannon cannonade” boss now starts appearing at 90% difficulty.
- Added “Ghost Trail” hardpoint (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- Added “Show hero quips” option (Options -> Gameplay). Upgrade compatibility broken.
- Plasma Rifle: Decreased manual firing heat savings to 35% (was 50%)
Ion Blaster: Weak projectile now deals 165 damage.
- Lightning Fryer: Chains 20% faster, deals 100% more damage (power 0) and 15% more damage (power 10).
- Deleted all existing “Laser Scope” and “Strobe Lights” equipment.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.