Early Access version 37

MAIN CHANGES

Yet ANOTHER ANOTHER ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles :sob:.

This update comes a little bit sooner than expected, but (as a quick glance at the changelog will prove) there’s a multitude of little improvements and bug fixes (some of them important). The Absolver Beam has been (hopefully) balanced better than before, try it out!

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Fixed white background when pausing immediately after starting a mission (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Paint screen: Removed unnecessary revert button when “Reset to default” was selected (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Fixed (rare) uninitialized buffer crash in Logger constructor.
  • :bug: Fixed bug: heat continues to increase when switching weapons while charging Absolver (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Wave insight does not show anything for upcoming Squawk Block boss missions (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Absolver Beam charging flare now rotates together with spacecraft (@Kylo-Hen :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Reworked collision code for linear beams and fast-moving projectiles (more accurate collisions)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Absolver beam impact effects can appear outside beam (@Nikito :medal: Bug)
  • :new: Store: Added 120th anniversary music (@Max @SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Absolver beam sometimes doesn’t damage enemies (caused by client/server discrepancy in beam’s location) (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Missions screen: Missions are removed from “to-do” list only when won (not just flown) (@hale :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Missions screen: Added sorting to squadron assignments (@hale :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Improved font caching mechanism (now uses non-square textures); uses 18% less memory.
  • :bulb: Collected keys no longer award any points (@BoggY :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Added low-level logging.
  • :gear: Files are now backed up on a “last known good” basis (lost profiles debugging).
  • :bug: Fixed positioning of Laser Cannon weapon effect (was previously susceptible to client/server discrepancy).
  • :bug: Weaker camera shakes no longer override stronger ongoing ones (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Added rarity diamonds in fleet/paint/compare screens (@Boggy :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Shockwave Capacitor now does 8x damage.
  • :bug: (Maybe) fixed bug: Pressing ESC simultaneously with a quit button can potentially quit more/different than expected (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Bullet Spray” and “Squawk block” waves, and disallowed it in “Barriers to success”, “Bundle o’ Chicks”, “Chicken Roulette”, and “Shoot the core” (@Boggy :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Satellite Fly-by” wave (@anon27929001 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Football is no longer counted in level statistics (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Overarching chickens” wave: Fixed spawning order so that pecking order bonus is now feasible (@Boggy :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Following things are no longer counted in level statistics: Yolk-star rayguns, Space Crab legs, Iron Chef arms, U.C.O. tentacles.
  • :bulb: “Travel to star system” button now shows approximate time required (in addition to fuel and distance) (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Change color theme” screen: Changed style of “Reset to default” button to match Fleet painting.
  • :bug: “Ask for confirmation” no longer affects “Hint” button in store and medal descriptions (in screens: mission outcome, compare, medals).
  • :bulb: Added visual effect to Yolk-Star’s raygun charging phase (@Sophodot :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Compiled using Visual Studio v.15.9.21
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Plasma/lightning/positron keeps playing “hit” sound even after target dies (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Absolver now fires automatically (if charged) when collecting a gift/powerup (@Stardrone :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Absolver changes: increased beam damage 250% (uncharged) to 200% (charged), one-off heat -25%, charging heat -50%.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

18 Likes

Lets DownLoad!

4 Likes

here we go again!

4 Likes

The perfect update for the Absolver Beam.

6 Likes

You need delete Clean Sweep in “Enemy Queque”

2 Likes

I just finished a mission with the Absolver Beam and I want to say that now it is much more fun to play with it and more versatile without breaking the game, the overheating is very well balanced with the damage it does to the full charge, the damage at level 0 is very good despite the increase, aesthetically it is still very cool and satisfying when shooting. The only negative that I could find is that when you collect a power up or the gift of the Absolver Beam the charge of the shot was reset causing it to be a bit annoying but that does not ruin the experience of this weapon.

5 Likes

You said keys no longer award points, yet i collected a key and still awarded 11111 points. Is that’s how it is or i am not reading correctly?
To be sure, i updated to v37.

Dude don’t erase my extra score, it’s bad times now don’t make it worse (just kidding lol)

1 Like

I had to revert to a backup and the change was apparently lost. I will re-apply it in the next update.

2 Likes

Hey, can you change the alien mothership so it always keeps going until one of its blocks hits an edge of the screen? Right now, you can just get rid of the leftmost(or rightmost) parts of the boss and the boss will never reach the edge. Also, maybe change the Henlley’s comet slightly, so once it enters its final phase, it instantly goes upwards at a very fast speed? Right now, it can actually make the first wave of comets in the last phase impossible to dodge if it decides to go where the safe spot between the comets is supposed to be.
EDIT: also, sometimes, not all of the charity spawns during the planetary egg city fight. It might be spawning too far off-screen. I noticed that I sometimes get 8 powerups from charity during this fight even on max difficulty, while I get 9 other times. Once, I was even unlucky enough to get 7 only. All on the same mission, btw.
@InterAction_studios

7 Likes

Very similar to squawk block invasion.

1 Like

Satisfying

(zomfg rare spacecraft finally have a use!1!!1!)

6 Likes

OH!!! PERFECT!!!1!!!1! Diamonds!

1 Like

@InterAction_studios The keys in the key rush missions will give points ?, I think that since these are the missions to farm keys and as they are rare, you cannot over exploit much.

No, we can’t change the rules depending on the mission type. Either all keys will give points, or none of them.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios I still see strange sparks when using absolver beam.
I think it should move to the light instead.
Here:

Can you please try to use the absolver beam and tell me if you had the same prob. and fix it?

2 Likes

Good, your quality of screenshots its nice!

thank you.

1 Like

@InterAction_studios Have you think about creating sound for wormholes? Planets which have lighting have sound(from the lightings) for example, wouldnt be nice if we have some whooshing or sucking sound when we are close to wormhole. Just like the lighting planets. Or the sound can start around 3 or 4 zooms less from the maximum. I just think that being at wormhole and there’s no sound from it its kinda strange. Even in CI4 the black hole at the center had some sound. Could you implement something like this?

8 Likes

I would like an option to disable the banner above that says “early access vx.x”.

1 Like