Yet ANOTHER ANOTHER ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles .
This update comes a little bit sooner than expected, but (as a quick glance at the changelog will prove) there’s a multitude of little improvements and bug fixes (some of them important). The Absolver Beam has been (hopefully) balanced better than before, try it out!
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Fixed white background when pausing immediately after starting a mission (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Paint screen: Removed unnecessary revert button when “Reset to default” was selected (@BoggY Bug)
- Fixed (rare) uninitialized buffer crash in Logger constructor.
- Fixed bug: heat continues to increase when switching weapons while charging Absolver (@BoggY Bug)
- Fixed bug: Wave insight does not show anything for upcoming Squawk Block boss missions (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- Absolver Beam charging flare now rotates together with spacecraft (@Kylo-Hen Bug)
- Reworked collision code for linear beams and fast-moving projectiles (more accurate collisions)
- Fixed bug: Absolver beam impact effects can appear outside beam (@Nikito Bug)
- Store: Added 120th anniversary music (@Max @lbekeneb88 Idea)
- Fixed bug: Absolver beam sometimes doesn’t damage enemies (caused by client/server discrepancy in beam’s location) (@BoggY Bug)
- Missions screen: Missions are removed from “to-do” list only when won (not just flown) (@hale Bug)
- Missions screen: Added sorting to squadron assignments (@hale Idea)
- Improved font caching mechanism (now uses non-square textures); uses 18% less memory.
Collected keys no longer award any points (@BoggY Idea)
- Added low-level logging.
- Files are now backed up on a “last known good” basis (lost profiles debugging).
- Fixed positioning of Laser Cannon weapon effect (was previously susceptible to client/server discrepancy).
- Weaker camera shakes no longer override stronger ongoing ones (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Added rarity diamonds in fleet/paint/compare screens (@Boggy Idea)
- Shockwave Capacitor now does 8x damage.
- (Maybe) fixed bug: Pressing ESC simultaneously with a quit button can potentially quit more/different than expected (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Bullet Spray” and “Squawk block” waves, and disallowed it in “Barriers to success”, “Bundle o’ Chicks”, “Chicken Roulette”, and “Shoot the core” (@Boggy Bug)
- Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Satellite Fly-by” wave (@anon27929001 Bug)
- Football is no longer counted in level statistics (@Francis Bug)
- “Overarching chickens” wave: Fixed spawning order so that pecking order bonus is now feasible (@Boggy Bug)
- Following things are no longer counted in level statistics: Yolk-star rayguns, Space Crab legs, Iron Chef arms, U.C.O. tentacles.
- “Travel to star system” button now shows approximate time required (in addition to fuel and distance) (@RamonTokus Idea)
- “Change color theme” screen: Changed style of “Reset to default” button to match Fleet painting.
- “Ask for confirmation” no longer affects “Hint” button in store and medal descriptions (in screens: mission outcome, compare, medals).
- Added visual effect to Yolk-Star’s raygun charging phase (@Sophodot Idea)
- Compiled using Visual Studio v.15.9.21
- Fixed bug: Plasma/lightning/positron keeps playing “hit” sound even after target dies (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- Absolver now fires automatically (if charged) when collecting a gift/powerup (@Stardrone Idea)
- Absolver changes: increased beam damage 250% (uncharged) to 200% (charged), one-off heat -25%, charging heat -50%.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.