Yet ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles .
There are a lot of goodies in this update… mostly quality-of-life improvements, but also numerous bug fixes and a couple of very far-reaching internal changes (this is one of the reasons I’m nervous that something will go horribly wrong with this update . Let’s hope for the best )
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Database version is now stored and verified by server.
- Galaxy Overlay: Bodies with 0/0 missions are no longer displayed (@gabytzu Bug)
- Galaxy Overlay: Sub-planet missions no longer counted as part of parent-planet’s missions. (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Default fullscreen resolution is now desktop resolution (previously, was the lowest resolution – 640x480 or similar) (@VerMishelb Bug)
- crashReport_extract now correctly extracts ‘statement’ and ‘build’ fields.
- fclose() is now error-checked.
- Added Speedhack detection (@Q777 Bug )
- Lost profiles debugging: Saved profiles are now immediately loaded back and verified.
- Pressing ENTER in a text box now automatically invokes associated button (@matix524 Idea)
- Riddler manual firing rate is now reduced to match automatic rate (@SpryterTerraxian Idea)
- Added loadMode (immediate, opportunistic, on-demand).
- Uses WAD format v.4 for faster loading.
- INI files are now saved in (stable) sorted order.
- Added auto-clicker detection (experimental).
- Henterprise’s last stage (purple lasers) no longer fires “too-close-to-dish” laser if player is dead (@VerMishelb Bug)
- More informative messages when trying to add members to a full squadron.
- Mission select screen: Missions that have been assigned to your squadrons are marked with a little “squadron” icon (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Mission outcome screen: “Fly again” button added (@Polduka Idea)
- Mouse pointer is now precisely limited to spacecraft flight bounds during a mission (requires “Capture mouse”) (@Ridley12 Idea)
- Squawk block: Prevented berserks and assassins from appearing (@ngoinhado Bug)
- Paint screen: Added “Reset to default” button (@Kylo-Hen Idea)
- Information overlay screen: Added “Only show contacts” option (@ordinary_ryxt Idea)
- Galaxy: Contacts are now shown with asterisks instead of dots (@Boggy Idea)
- Galaxy: Contact on-line status is also shown (filled=on-line, outline=off-line)
- Added “Power-up Countdown” insight (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Weapon Switch” bonus now gives a constant 8000 points regardless of weapon type (@Nikito Idea)
- Increased precision of HUD Progress Meter to (maybe) avoid rounding 99.99% to 100% (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- In-mission “surrender/cancel” button is now disabled for 2 seconds to avoid accidental activation (@BoggY Idea)
- Bomber maximum power changed to 13/15/17/19 (from 13/14/15/16) (@Sophodot Idea)
- Contacts screen: “Locate” button doesn’t work if contact is near a wormhole (@VerMishelb Idea)
- [Server-side v35.2] Digits 0-9, #, *, ©, ® no longer considered to be emoji characters (@Q777 Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.