Early Access version 35

MAIN CHANGES

Yet ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles :sob:.

There are a lot of goodies in this update… mostly quality-of-life improvements, but also numerous bug fixes and a couple of very far-reaching internal changes (this is one of the reasons I’m nervous that something will go horribly wrong with this update :worried:. Let’s hope for the best :crossed_fingers: )

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :gear: Database version is now stored and verified by server.
  • :bug: Galaxy Overlay: Bodies with 0/0 missions are no longer displayed (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Galaxy Overlay: Sub-planet missions no longer counted as part of parent-planet’s missions. (@GuestUniverse :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Default fullscreen resolution is now desktop resolution (previously, was the lowest resolution – 640x480 or similar) (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: crashReport_extract now correctly extracts ‘statement’ and ‘build’ fields.
  • :gear: fclose() is now error-checked.
  • :gear: Added Speedhack detection (@Q777 :medal_sports: Bug )
  • :gear: Lost profiles debugging: Saved profiles are now immediately loaded back and verified.
  • :bulb: Pressing ENTER in a text box now automatically invokes associated button (@matix524 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Riddler manual firing rate is now reduced to match automatic rate (@SpryterTerraxian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Added loadMode (immediate, opportunistic, on-demand).
  • :gear: Uses WAD format v.4 for faster loading.
  • :gear: INI files are now saved in (stable) sorted order.
  • :gear: Added auto-clicker detection (experimental).
  • :bug: Henterprise’s last stage (purple lasers) no longer fires “too-close-to-dish” laser if player is dead (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: More informative messages when trying to add members to a full squadron.
  • :bulb: Mission select screen: Missions that have been assigned to your squadrons are marked with a little “squadron” icon (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Mission outcome screen: “Fly again” button added (@Polduka :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Mouse pointer is now precisely limited to spacecraft flight bounds during a mission (requires “Capture mouse”) (@Ridley12 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Squawk block: Prevented berserks and assassins from appearing (@ngoinhado :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Paint screen: Added “Reset to default” button (@Kylo-Hen :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Information overlay screen: Added “Only show contacts” option (@ordinary_ryxt :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Galaxy: Contacts are now shown with asterisks instead of dots (@Boggy :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Galaxy: Contact on-line status is also shown (filled=on-line, outline=off-line)
  • :new: Added “Power-up Countdown” insight (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Weapon Switch” bonus now gives a constant 8000 points regardless of weapon type (@Nikito :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Increased precision of HUD Progress Meter to (maybe) avoid rounding 99.99% to 100% (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: In-mission “surrender/cancel” button is now disabled for 2 seconds to avoid accidental activation (@BoggY :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Bomber maximum power changed to 13/15/17/19 (from 13/14/15/16) (@Sophodot :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Contacts screen: “Locate” button doesn’t work if contact is near a wormhole (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: [Server-side v35.2] Digits 0-9, #, *, ©, ® no longer considered to be emoji characters (@Q777 :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

10 Likes

Some poeple from server installed it, but for me it’s

Changing the display options crashes the game.

1 Like

Serves you right, for downloading an unofficial release :wink:

@VerMishelb That’s because you downloaded it while it was still being uploaded to server
@Sammarald: That has been fixed in the “official” release.

3 Likes

Ok here’s your bug: mouse pointer jumping a little while changing loading bar (is that loading bar?)

Known:

During the upgrade I also noticed that UHF recruits have flown over 650,000 missions in total :+1:

5 Likes

I have a question. Asterisks are for people who have UHF license, right? Then why friends are asterisks?

I’ve changed it for the moment. Now contacts have asterisks. Not sure how to show licensees yet :thinking:

This dude is totally illegal

Hey, I have another idea for the max power bonus. What if it was moved down to fp20? The points are awarded there, but ofc the gun still changes the same way it normally would.
Or maybe the regular firepower bonus could give 100000 points when you reach 20fp for the first time in a mission, while the max power bonus would still be awarded when you reach actual max power, but it wouldn’t award any points. That’s what I thought of, anyways. Might not be consistent enough.

1 Like

Can the timer insight apply for overheating as well? It’d be nice to have a timer easily visible next to our ship, as staring at the very corner could make us lose track of our ship for a second which can cost us a life.

5 Likes

Can we have in the settings an option to disable confirmation dialog?

Names are displayed if you yourself have explored the wormhole. Should they still not be?

@Q777: Which confirmation dialog?
@anon27929001: That’s a good idea. The bonus could indeed be given at level 20 regardless of spacecraft. For bombers it just won’t be accompanied by any firepower increase (like it is for fighters). Changed in v.36 :medal_sports: Idea

2 Likes

Oh, okay then

Like all confirmation dialogs. So we don’t have to double click everytime we finish modifying our fleets or spam fuel packs twice as much.

Uhhhh… that sounds like an invitation for “I bought X by accident” bugs :weary:

But it can be done. Who else wants this?

4 Likes

Make it an option, but keep the confirm version in default.

3 Likes

I was changing some settings and suddenly the main theme started playing twice over. It was probably just a one-time thing, I haven’t been able to reproduce it again.

Two more unrelated things:

1. I’m looking for new contacts and squadrons to join, my callsign is the same, “Sophodot”
  2. If the other person who is playing on my account somehow sees this, please stop buying extra lives, we have 800 of those already and buy instead other things, like Spacecraft, Satellites, Warp upgrades.

What?

WHAT?

Do you have siblings?

1 Like