Anniversary Mission: To commemorate the 20-year anniversary from the release date of the original Chicken Invaders 1, a special Anniversary Mission has been added. Be warned that it’s not meant to be easy. Won’t spoil anything else here – you can access it from your Profile screen (pilot/helmet icon).
Weapon virtuosity scoring bonus: You are now rewarded for using unpopular weapons during missions. The exact boost depends on how unpopular the weapon has been the previous week – the more it’s been used, the less you’ll be rewarded. Weapon popularity is calculated weekly (end of Sunday) and lasts throughout the following week. There’s also an additional boost if you start the mission with the Moron Railgun. If there’s demand, a “Weapon popularity insight” can be added to show you the exact numbers. For now, here are the popularity stats for the previous week:
Rare equipment: Location of rare equipment in the galaxy now changes every 4 weeks, starting 2019-08-11. There is also an additional one-off change effective immediately with this update.
There’s also several visual tweaks, including a new texture for Gas Giant planets.
Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- [Server-side v24.2] Number of rare equipment instances across the galaxy is now 6 x Uncommon, 3 x Rare, 1 x Legendary (@GuestUniverse Idea)
- Squadron Activity message: Mission column is now displayed correctly for each entry (previously, top squadron’s value would be copied to all entries).
- Squadron Activity message: Removed msec from “Time” column to make it fit in available space.
- [Server-side v24.3] Squadron Activity: Number of assignments & missions now calculated correctly.
- Food/powerups disappearing at the end of the mission are now accompanied by a vanishing visual effect.
- Changed gas giant heightmaps to look more similar to Jupiter. (@Stardrone Idea)
- Fixed CI2 starfield tiling. (@Nikito Bug)
- Fixed wrong tiling in “green” CI4 starfield (HQ2X only) (@Nikito Bug)
- “Goal progress” no longer shows 100% when sufficiently close to goal (@ShardNguyen Bug)
- Implemented basic word blacklisting for callsigns (@PenguinBOI Idea, @Pritish/ChickenSlayer Bug , @isp Bug )
- Locations of rare equipment in galaxy now change every 4 weeks (starting 2019-08-11).
- Uses unofficial build of BASS 126.96.36.199. Fixes “Looped sounds (UFO engines, energy beams, etc) will keep on playing even after they should stop.”
- Implemented Anniversary mission top-10 lists.
- Instrumented ExhaustVisuals06 to try and catch Graphics bug- ſcreen flaſhing red
- Henterprise dish attack’s collision thickness is now 70% wider to better match visuals (@Nikito Bug)
- Henterprise now fires dish during last stage to cover blind spot of purple lasers (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- “Weapon virtuosity” scoring bonus now works.
- Fixed “You have reached the maximum number of contacts” message still showing even after deleting contacts (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Added Anniversary mission.
- Made Stats database upgrade process much faster (15x).
- HUD equipment (Progress Meter, Destruction Meter, Damage Indicator, Points Indicator) can now only be bought once (@gabytzu Bug)
- Removed msec from “Time” column for all messages except Space Race top-10 (@GuestUniverse Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).