Weapon suggestion: Original and Flash Ion Blaster

Perhaps, but I had to come up with something to close the power level gap and I was getting tired of copy pasting for today ¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯
Besides it’d still carry over most of it’s differences so I don’t really think this would be a big deal.

I never cared about this almost useless weapon, that is good only on bosses like the egg cannon, the henterprise and on rookie mode in the begining. Call me crazy but I prefer the positron stream.
This weapon is good only in CI1 and CI2. That’s my opinion.

It’s still decent for early chapters. And personally,I’d say that positron stream is the second worst weapon in the entire game.

1 Like

This. While Positron Stream is one of the best weapons at low power, at :zap:20 it’s only slightly better than Vulcan Chaingun. Also, Ion Blaster has a much higher damage per second than Positron Stream (when using manual fire) but it’s not that noticeable because it’s damage is spread out over a larger area.

Yes,I tested it,which is why I’m saying that it’s the second worst weapon. It performs worse than everything else other than vulcan chaingun. Ions,on the other hand,performed decently. Sure,they’re not the best,but they’re certainly better than positron stream.

You’re crazy.
The poſitron ſtream’s effectiveneſs is derived mainly from the placebo effect.

My favourite as a general uſe weapon is the utenſil poker; it has ſpread yet alſo a concentrated center, it delivers a high damage, it’s good at moving things like the feathers in CI5, it ſeems to have no maximum fire rate when firing manually (unlike the corn ſhotgun), it is nigh on impoſſible to overheat (firing manually), and it alſo has the bonus of making an incredible ſound when fired.

Barring that, I like the ion blaſter and photon ſwarm depending on what I’m doïng. I don’t really like the continuöus damage weapons, as I can ſhoot faſt enough manuälly that they’re not really worth the downſides.

No maximum fire rate? Lol,that’s funny. Every weapon except for riddler and corn shotgun have the exact same maximum rate of fire,which is 6.5 shots per second(manual fire rate). This includes the Utensil Poker. Riddler can shoot up to 20 times per second with manual fire,while corn shotgun can shoot up to 4.4 times per second with manual fire. In online multiplayer,this changes to 5.0 shots per second for every weapon except corn shotgun which remains the same

Go figure. I juſt don’t fire ſignificantly faſter than that ſo I’ve never noticed. I did realize that moſt weapons could fire as quickly as I could preſs the trigger though. How did you find out about the maximum?

I didn’t,a person called sophodot did it. I only noticed that there definitely is a max firing rate,since I just love spamming the fire button,so eventually I got used to it,and after enough practice,I was able to fire about 10 times per second for a good amount of time without getting tired,and while using the weapons in Ci,I just noticed that the weapons didn’t really fire as quickly as I was pressing the fire button

1 Like

better @InterAction_studios should add bullet color custom

Don’t bump this post, pls

huh? what?

It’s 4 months post.

So don’t bump. Not good to see old post in the top head

1 Like

okay fine

Bump: This topic kinda got revived in the latest Early Access thread. Because this post was created before the 14 day rule was implemented, it didn’t get locked and I was able to edit it instead of having to create an entirely new post.

I remade the power levels and added a poll to determine how exactly these weapons should function as items.

You can just PM InterAction Studios to open it if that’s ever needed.

Also I’m gonna follow my vote with a little comment.
They shouldn’t be added as new weapons because we would have 3 fricking Ion Blasters which are lame as hell and their weapon gift boxes could be confusing. You probably can relate to the feeling of grabbing accidentally Ion Blaster box when you have a great weapon. Yeah, now it could be more frequent.

3 Likes

I probably should’ve specified it a bit better. By “separate weapons” I meant that the item itself would be separate from the standard blaster. The variant equipped would determine which variant appears in the gift, so you wouldn’t get different versions of the same weapon in a mission.

Though now that I thought about it, I do think that it would work better as a mountable, especially if it’s made a special item that can only be obtained by unlocking it (perhaps from anniversary missions?), since that would give the player more freedom (since weapon upgrades are permanent, and therefore upgrading a non-purchasable weapon would prevent the player from starting with lower firepower. Also it could still drop from gifts without it being set as the default weapon).