Another content-oriented update (but with a lot of bug fixes and small improvements as well).
Customization options (paintjobs) have been added to the H&C series. New wave types have been added. Squawk Block missions now have a boss. Retro missions have been added. And there’s a new frozen planet environment for missions flown on “Frozen wasteland” planets.
In the mission listing/selection screen (and in your favourites), you’ll now be able to tell which missions you have flown/completed/failed.
Community credits go out to @cook1ee for his Wave Insight idea, and to @RoboCat for the frozen environment look. Congratulations, recruits! As usual, there are medals and key rewards on the way (“when they’re done”).
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Added “Droid Highway” wave to Droid Raids.
- Keyboard hint only shows “left” and “right” keys for Squawk Block missions.
- Added “Lethal Connections” wave.
- Fixed typo in “Rookie” skill description.
- H&C series: Added paintjob customization options (6x fuselage, 4x wing, 3x pods, 4x canards).
- Added boss at end of Squawk Block missions.
- Changed “Game Over” message to “Mission Failed”.
- Remastered “Treble Trouble” waves from CI3 (both horizontal/vertical variations).
- Remastered “Chicken Geometry” wave from CI3.
- Added Retro missions.
- Multiplicity boss: Reduced Infinichick health by 50%.
- Multiplicity boss: Increased Superchick health by 33%.
- Added last/best result to mission info.
- Improved mission color-coding.
- Fixed incorrect placement of player projectiles due to a camera mismatch between client/server when continuing a mission.
- Fixed typos in Insight descriptions.
- Added “Waves Insight” (based on Madam Madámmes new prediction technology)
- Added “Frozen” mission environment (based on What should the mission look like on the planets "Frozen wasteland").
- Exchange rate from food to keys is now doubled (from 0.035 to 0.070).
- Stars’ “core temperature” reduced by a factor of 10.
- Skills can now be purchased only once.
- Skills now sorted by difficulty (instead of alphabetically).
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).