Early Access version 119

this feels like it’s just making the tasks longer in a very artificial way

you’ll find out…

Yes, a simple cup already takes about 17 days
(3 in Qualification, 7 days Group, 7 days Knockout)

I guess I have time to catch up

I don’t even understand why competitive stuff is included in the quests, let alone stuff like cup missions. It really shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

And this is why I don’t do quests.

What makes the game fun for me is not what the quests are asking of me, which is why I don’t find quests enjoyable in the slightest. Quests are only fun if the player finds it enjoyable when they do those quests, you get me?

There’s also that problem with actual playtime in the future.
If you’ve spend over hundreds of hours playing this game, but not do any quests, for most people who do not know you, looking at your quests accomplishments could make them think of you as someone who’ve just started, effectively making actual playtime feel … meaningless.
(And time is more important than any arbitrary metric or goal the game could ever make)

And there’s another problem with marketing this game in the future:
There will always be players who solely rely on quests to create meaning in the game. When quests reach a certain point that’s too big for them at scale, or ask of them the things they don’t find fun to do, they’d be frustrated, causing yet another frustration problem to deal with.

This is why the choice rework was designed.

PS: a lot of this was already shown at the GMTK video I’d shared to both InterAction and in the replies of the choice rework post. It already happened to many other games, and they all had their own ways to fix it.

1 Like

You are not forced to play quests.

Your point being?
My point was that it’s dumb for people to be forced to play a highly competitive mode just to complete a quest. And if you want to do quests, well you’re forced to do this.

1 Like

I have the same point as you here, but expanded, to all the other quests the player doesn’t really like doing (because it’s not fun for them), but have to in order to “complete a quest”.

And there’s also some more problems, too.

PS: I’m done with editing that post.

I’m also thinking of the idea that there is a button to skip the quest, you can only use this button up to 1 time per level of that rank and of course the number of keys is not cheap.

1 Like

if the quest is something like “collect 5000 greatest chicken hunter of all time” medals, im fine wasting a month on this

but if the task is literally forcing the player to wait 2 weeks before they can start making actual progress, then thats crossing the line

3 Likes

Then it’s just boring.

1 Like

even better still: a single galactic cup wont even be enough to fulfil that task. imagine if you fail the qualification match or a group match…

tough luck buddy, you now have to wait EVEN more to try and finish the darn task

2 Likes

Now do you see why I designed the rework post 2 days after its release?
Already saw something like this would happen ahead of time.

You can repeat the Qualification Phase until you reach it, but since the Group Phase is here, then :skull:

1 Like

You saw my rework post, right?

i have no problem with lengthy, boring tasks (if they’re still within reason)

i only have problems when the task can only be done by waiting a long period of time to merely get a chance at fulfilling it

1 Like

Same thing.

Skill issue.

mic dropped