Early Access version 119

i have no problem with lengthy, boring tasks (if they’re still within reason)

i only have problems when the task can only be done by waiting a long period of time to merely get a chance at fulfilling it

1 Like

Same thing.

Skill issue.

mic dropped

Play quests

I haven’t watched it yet, this idea I came up with from another game I’m playing and its quest mechanics are quite similar to this one

My point being it’s not like your game progress won’t be erased from existance if you don’t complete
any of the quests, and besides, Quests already all saves all your recording to the next level if you if you don’t give a fuck to complete them, but honestly only the galactic cup thing looks a bruh to me, others aren’t.

can we add a button to skip the quest and it is limited to 1 use per rank level, you will have to spend a certain number of keys to be able to use it and the number of keys the key will increase with each rank

Can this help
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

idk iA will like it

Okay, but I think dares should also be excluded from quests along with cups. Rest of the comp missions can at least be played casually so they’re fine, after giving them a second thought.
Granted that if friendly dares would count then that would be fine too. If only friendly dares were allowed even after you quit the league…

3 Likes

If a player isn’t good enough to be in the to be in the top 256 to pass Cup Qualification Match, it would take 24 seasons or 432 days to complete just this task, way more than the expected time to max out the whole thing. Galactic Cup participation tasks should be encouraged, but they should be in the final rank only (Admiral or Supreme Admiral), and they should require 3 at most.

I’m still against allowing players to skip quests or choose quests in any way, because that’s just dodging the problem.

I agree with this one, actually. I don’t like the idea of forcing the player to be in league just to actually progress the quest.

1 Like

Idk just nerf all quests and demand way more quests completed to rank up. I’d rather do 100 different easy quests than grinding on a boring “epic” quest. I’m happy and willing to do any quest if they don’t require insanely repetitive and exhausting work to complete. I prefer the quests to be enjoyable and refreshed regularly so that I can experience more type of quests and stay constantly motivated to do so.

ok, let me suggest a thingy:

your congratulatory message of your new rank now comes with fireworks!
also in the quest screen, the rank shines like your medals. and with a corona effect behind that gets more intense the higher the rank

and once you reach supreme admiral, now there’s constant fireworks on the quest screen

1 Like

Before this, I joked that “hey iA, please don’t spoil the quests to make it more fun” and also joked that “if a task requires 10 cup missions it could take up to 180 days to complete”. But at this point, because quests are still experimental, iA should now announce the full list of quests available so that we can suggest balance changes on it.

Here is the list of quests for rank 1 (Recruit): Quests | Chicken Invaders Wiki | Fandom

I said for each quest, not milestone.

When I click on a wormhole, can it says “travel to / approach etc wormhole” instead of “star system”? Apparently there isn’t any star there. The star system icon in the button should be changed as well. Is this a bug?

Yeah, I thought it would be a good compromise for both groups but I guess for some reason this wave has a massive following. Though it’s just a difference of 1 vote now.

Side note but also for you: Why did you disable the like counter for not logged in users? Was there a Discourse update that made it so?

This is ridiculously too much now…
Untitled

I need to fly like 15 missions with “40 waves” to get this.

1 Like

It’s definitely painful, and it’s gonna get even more repetitive once you reach lieutenant