An emergency update which makes a lot of difficulty tweaks to the new waves (generally making them easier). Due to the difficulty change, all Galactic Cup Knockout missions flown today so far have been reset, and you’ll need to play them again. A system announcement to this effect has been also sent in your in-game Inbox.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any mid-mission progress
- your language selection
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Main menu: 3D galaxy now uses 60% less particles in low-detail mode (@VerMishelb Idea)
- “Effervescence” wave: Added side danger zones; less barriers and away from screen edges (@AhmedDM @EmeraldBirb Idea)
- “Stacker” wave: Added side danger zones (@Starbrockle Idea)
- “Windmill” wave: Slower appearance, slower spin-up, slower final rotation rate, 115% zoom
- “Hairpin turn” wave: Removed one barrier from each turn (@SpaceDragon @Starbrockle Idea)
- “Brick Breaker” wave: Removed one row of barriers; capped speed at 100%; added danger zone (@Knightcap Idea)
- “Packing Plant” wave: Capped speed-up at 100% difficulty; reduced pistons from 4 to 3 (@EmeraldBirb @Starbrockle @PlasmaX Idea)
- “Squeeze Through” wave: Enemies move slower; barriers move slower; less barriers; barriers leave more space between them; enemies don’t fly as low (@Baron Idea)
- “Trapped!” wave: One less barrier ring; Gatling/Laserguns fire less; smaller anomaly zones (@Baron @PinkG Idea)
- “The Birdhouse” wave: Enemies move slower; raised central birdhouse; deleted second enemy set; less barriers per birdhouse; 110% zoom (@PlasmaX Idea)
- “The Hourglass” wave: Safebox (“Alien Container”) now drops alongside enemies (@Starbrockle Idea)
- “Barrel Roll” wave: Less enemies; Wider gap; 10% slower movement speed; added danger zone (@Starbrockle Idea)
- “Tower Defense” wave: Added danger zone (@PlasmaX Idea)
- “The Forge” wave: Less enemies; enemies further back from player; capped piston speed at 100% (@trueuser Idea)
- “Shooting range” wave: Enlarged Fence radius; 110% zoom (@PlasmaX Idea)
- HSB numeric values go from 0-360 (for H) and 0-100 (for S and B) (@YHB_KEVAN Idea)
- “Hammertime” wave: Halved speed; removed enemies from handle (@SpaceDragon Idea)
- “Tower of Power” wave: Slower scroll speed; less enemies; enemies more spread apart; enemies now collapse when layers below are destroyed (@SpaceDragon @Starbrockle Idea)
- “Exclusion Zone” wave: Smaller exclusion zone (@SpaceDragon Idea)
- “Feather Clumps” wave: Slower movement speed (@SpaceDragon Idea)
- “Magnetic Manipulator” boss now uses CIU boss theme (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Grand Prix” wave: Prevented Cowards from spawning; wider ‘road’; faster starfield movement (@EnticalMintian @Pinkpiter @Fractorial Idea)
- “Droid Rings” wave: Removed one ring of droids.
- Color Themes screen: Added “Sort” button (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
- “The Treasury” wave: Removed one ring of barriers (@Baron )
- “Feather Clumps” wave: Enabled Clean Sweep bonus (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Oops, Wrong Exit!” wave: Enabled Clean Sweep bonus (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Bubble Bath” wave: Made Pecking Order easier for mirrored variation of wave (@IdanHol Idea)
- Steam version: Uses BASS v188.8.131.52 (was 184.108.40.206)
- Multiplayer browser: Games where host is running a different version are now disabled.
- Reverted this change from v.110: “Thundercluck” boss: Bolt attack now has 5 projectiles (instead of 3) for difficulties >=100%
- Barrier Destroyer Bomb: Removed HUD heath bar (@hieudang Idea)
- Comets and “Henlley’s Comet” boss now change color depending on mission environment (hot, frozen) (@AnasWael Idea)
- Added CI3/CI4/CI5 victory themes to wave music random pool (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)