Early Access version 101.2

From the Early Access 100 topic, in reply to @1galbatorix1:

Does this matter? Does it matter if people figure this out by playing? If someone is behind the eight-ball and grabbing keys before everyone else, everyone will still get the keys. As far as I can tell that still solves the original problem.

7 Likes

@InterAction_studios, will you edit the satellites

v101.1 other than v101.2 on the title.

download the patch version if you use standalone

1 Like

Nothing news again =_=

The Laser Cannon is a bit fainter…And weird
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XKSsr3FVD0g9F4C0ETcZgt4VQWnK74vX/view?usp=sharing
And also why there 1 “Asteroids” wave have a “!” ?

Epic dare challenge

3 Likes

Asteroids! means the Asteroids No Really wave, while the Asteroids one is just Asteroids

ok thx

1 Like

a part of new changing

1 Like

Nooo :<

My point is that people might not figure this out by playing. Would you notice that your key count goes up when somebody else picks up a key? Or, would you look at the mission outcome and think to yourself “say, I don’t remember picking up this many keys”?

In any case, I agree that keys could/should be shared. Not entirely certain about food, though.

Not sure what the problem is, but you can use Steam Proton to run the game under Linux. Is this a new OS and/or Steam installation?

5 Likes

You must first enable it. Either globally (which I don’t recommend) or for each game separately.

Right Click on CIU on the left list and choose “Properties”. Go to “compatibility” tab and check the “force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool”. Then choose a version. I myself tested it with Proton 5.0 for the longest time, but right now after my yearly PC formatting I’m using the newest 6.3. Ofc, you need Vulkan capable GPU to use it, but I guess you should already know that.

I’m greatly in favor of shared food as well since the current system is exploitable by using appetite attractors and thus depriving other players of food.

3 Likes

Tysm it installs, but it says “launching the game” and it just closes, and it says stop button, but i dont see game

Proton 6.3 btw

Ok, seems like it will require troubleshooting, since I see some pattern. Can you make a new topic on this forum and post your PC specs there and once again say what doesn’t work? I don’t want to make unnecessary mess here and it sounds like it’s gonna require few more posts at best and may be useful if we can solve it. I’ll flash my USB with Manjaro to check something myself.

(by specs I mean, processor, graphics card, RAM, maybe you can also post the neofetch screen if you know it)

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know if an AFK guy can exploit the system or not so for extra measures, I suggest the system kick all players in Multiplayer if they stand still for 60 seconds and zombies players should not get keys to prevent any kind of exploitation. So the motto for this is “Only by playing legitimately will you have keys to spend, or food to eat/sell”

1 Like

I think it would be perfectly adequate just to exclude ghosts/zombies/whatever-they-are from participating in the key sharing. I can’t imagine any way of effectively cheating it so that someone stays alive and afk for a significant amount of time.

6 Likes

Should we dimming the notifications (such as Clean Sweep, Pecking Order…) when we moved the spaceship into this area? sometimes I died because this notifications covered me

9 Likes

To be fair, sharing keys alone will make multiplayer much less of a key-dump. I think making food not shared shouldn’t be a huge issue. Unless I’m mistaken, keys themselves are of much greater value anyway.

I wonder however how key sharing should interract with players’ lives. Because it would kind of feel cheap if someone didn’t take any extra lives, died immediately and still got all the keys for the entire weekly mission for example. Maybe on pick-up, keys should apply to every account in session with 1 or more lives? (In that scenario, even if dead player picks up a key, it still applies to all the living players, but not to him).

Idk, it’s just a thought/concern I have, what’s your opinion on that?

Also, if we are speaking of food, what do you think of its role in game right now? It’s peculiar, it kinda is not the same as keys, but also kinda is, so it’s just another currency that you buy keys with… Idk.

What’s your view on food as it is right now?

7 Likes