This update is 100% compatible (you’ll only lose your menu settings). Not a lot of new functionality this time, but a lot of bug fixes, some of which have been very persistent and very hard to track down (dating as far back as CI3).
Superstar Hero difficulty and “epic” waves have been toned down – let us know what you think.
- “In-game music” option now also affects galaxy music
- Fixed: You can only buy one “Extra Slot”
- Henterprise is now invulnerable while retreating/changing sides.
- Fixed: ESC (used to pause the mission and display the in-game pause menu) will stop working if you use any kind of display overlay during the game (examples: Windows 10 game bar, Steam overlay, NVidia game menu, Discord ingame etc)
- Reduced probability of all-miniboss (“epic”) waves to 25% of previous appearance rate.
- Fixed: Galaxy music will play together with menu music if you Alt-Tab.
- Increased Egg Cannon & Henterprise health by 50%.
- Store prices now show separate “unit x pack” numbers.
- Removed enemy health boost based on skill (except Tourist, which is still -20%)
- Fixed automatic sizing of balloon tips
- Added % wave progress and mission timer to HUD.
- Fixed issue of old messages piling up.
- Combined easy/intermediate/hard top 10 into one message.
- Top HUD (score & heat) is now translucent
- Switching from keyboard to mouse control now doesn’t make spaceship warp to mouse pointer.
- (Probably) fixed mouse warping to center of screen when closing in-game pause menu.
- Multi-kill bonus is now worth 250 points per kill (instead of 100)
- Egg cannon now correctly spawns powerups for each damage stage (20%)
- Green crosshair (appearing when mouse cursor is outside valid spaceship area) has now been replaced by a hand icon.
- Fixed long-standing (CI3-era) black lines/gaps appearing momentarily between starfield tiles.
- Fixed in-mission wingstreak length when flying sideways.
- Renamed “Hero” skill to “Virtuoso”
- Options menu is now accessible through galaxy menu or in-mission pause menu (note: some changes may not be immediately applied)
- Can now also zoom galaxy view with keyboard - and + keys.
- Galaxy Information Overlay: Added option to show/hide player names.
- Internal: Senior server is now maintained.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).