Comparison Topic: Universe vs. The Episodes

Chicken Invaders 4 only lets you change the engine color, not the fuselage.
It might be also worth noting that enemies will always give you the same amount of points for defeating them, while in the episodes it depended on the current chapter, and that lives and superweapons are obtained differently (in the episodes lives are obtained through getting enough score and superweapons through getting enough food, in Universe they have to be bought and preloaded).

3 Likes

Oops, let me fix that

EDIT: Fixed, added scoring and gameplay mechanics differences, as I forgot to do so the first time :roll_eyes:

1 Like

ROTY have 121 levels. The prologue boss level counts for me.

3 Likes

Noted and added.

Actually are 120
“This wave is under mantainance”

3 Likes

Still its a wave and needs to be count

3 Likes

That wave was intended to be a joke, but still counts nonetheless

This has been removed(with Tourist being the exception)

Please explain

They still change enemy health, as it’s dependent on the mission difficulty. Skills instead used to change the damage dealt to enemies (which iA referred to as changing enemy health for some reason)

3 Likes

I have in fact mentioned this

according to version 6 changelog, enemy health boost based on skill level has been removed with the exception of Tourist

And I just told you that iA meant enemy damage, not enemy health.

1 Like

We use “Increasing health” and “decreasing damage” interchangeably.

Technically, harder difficulty indeed means reduced damage, but “increased health” sounds more intuitive.

3 Likes

UPDATE: With the release of CIU Early Access 10.1, I’ve decided to mention the bosses and the differences between Universe and the Episodes

For those that don’t want to go back and read, here it is:

As always, let me know if something is missing or is inaccurate

UPDATE: (and bump) So there’s ONE mayor thing that I forgot to mention, that being beta testing! For those that DO NOT want to return to the top of the page and find the section, here it is:

Also, you may have noticed that I completely changed the format of the post, this one to me is better organized and cleaner. (Also subtle, you have to pay attention to catch the difference!)

3 Likes

Add this in SKILLS (UNIVERSE):
Higher the difficulty:
Speed up Enemies
Enemy Fire Rate Increased + Enemy Fire Quantity Increased = Semi Bullet Hell Experience

2 Likes

Listed. Thanks!

2 Likes

UPDATE: In case if you haven’t noticed, I have made a side topic to this one covering the changes between the episodes, titled “The Evolution of Chicken Invaders”, linked on the main post!

Anyway, here’s the newest addition to the list, covering old versions of the games (added because a topic recently has caught my attention on the matter of old versions of CIU). For the ones that REFUSE to look it up on the main post, here it is:

1 Like